Merged: The Wayne Hunter Thread

CobraVerde

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to start a thread ....this guy is hands down the worst RT in the NFL he is horrible. Not only is his pass protection a joke but he is also clueless run blocking as well. Actully this entire Offensive line can no longer run block. We should have been able to push the Smaller Giants DL off the ball and they basicly raped us ...the only guy that got any push was Mangold. When exactly are we going to throw a football down field ? I mean WTF is going on here ? You know Rex hates the Giants to the core and this is what we put out on the field ? Winston anyone ? ground and pound baby.

Jets had the opportunity to draft David DeCastro and dominate the middle/left side, moving him from RG to LG, while possibly giving JAG Matt Slauson a chance to still start at RT, where he played well at Nebraska. That would have been a two for two with one pick giving yourself a chance to upgrade at two spots on the line. Not saying Slauson would have the skills but he'd a been a guy with experience and at least challenge the crap there now.

This was a HUGE oversight by Tanny, who I've been a supporter of up until this offseason.

I have some big expectations for Coples who will have to make the Defense that much better in the coming years.

He only gave up 3 sacks (One was called back by penalty), and he blew at least two run-blocking assignments, most notably the 4th-and-1, where he didn't block down on Bernard at the point of attack, and missed the LB who made the tackle.

On the sacks he allowed, he barely got a hand on Tuck, and JPP just bull-rushed him so easily, that he was waiting for Sanchez when Sanchez finished his drop.

It's not if he gets cut, it's will he get cut Monday or Tuesday?

BD

We are ****ed. This guy is worse than I thought and I thought he sucked coming into this season. The second team started out well giving Tebow some time then sh*t the bed as well. I'll say this again if the Jets do not do something about this and someone other than Hunter gets hurt this season is OVER. Brick was no good tonight either actully Like I said in another thread the only player who showed up at all was Mangold.

Jets had the opportunity to draft David DeCastro and dominate the middle/left side, moving him from RG to LG, while possibly giving JAG Matt Slauson a chance to still start at RT, where he played well at Nebraska. That would have been a two for two with one pick giving yourself a chance to upgrade at two spots on the line. Not saying Slauson would have the skills but he'd a been a guy with experience and at least challenge the crap there now.

This was a HUGE oversight by Tanny, who I've been a supporter of up until this offseason.

I have some big expectations for Coples who will have to make the Defense that much better in the coming years.

Or stay at our original draft spot in the second round and draft Rueben Randle and then take Bobby Massie in round 3.

Stop it Hess this is a ground and pound football team and your asking to upgrade the offensive line is out of line. Over the top man.

Coples has shown well vs the second teamers cant wait to see if he can do that during the regular season. I have not seen him do anything of signifigance yet. I want to see him manhandle a few gurds and tackles and make some big plays then Ill get excited

How about Decastro and sign Winston when he became available ? That would have really solidified the O-Line ...Defense would have still been top 5 all they really needed to do was add speed at LB and fill the safety holes. This team is run by idiots

Rex _ well yeah babe we're gonna run the gorund and pound but we're going to do it with second hand sh*t on the O-Line and at RB ...We're gonns play like ****in Jets baby .

It's hard on a QB, any QB, when you have absolutely no faith in your RT.

Some fans criticized Sanchez for his "we have to find a way to block a 4 man run" comments to the CBS interview, but he's absolutely right.

It's hard on a QB, any QB, when you have absolutely no faith in your RT.

Some fans criticized Sanchez for his "we have to find a way to block a 4 man run" comments to the CBS interview, but he's absolutely right.

There was nothing wrong with that comment. What rubbed me wrong was him saying he was in a groove before the pick.I think the Jets have done such a bad job with him and have him all caught up in these passer rating numbers and the fact that he is actually better in year 3 than Eli was. I get keeping the confidence high, but he relies on these things so much that I think its been a crutch in his development.

Sanchez was lucky that Tebow sucked tonight. When he missed Hill his whole game fell apart. If he hist Hill for that score it would have been a totally different story, especially since Rex never would have kept him in the whole second half to fall apart.

There was nothing wrong with that comment. What rubbed me wrong was him saying he was in a groove before the pick.I think the Jets have done such a bad job with him and have him all caught up in these passer rating numbers and the fact that he is actually better in year 3 than Eli was. I get keeping the confidence high, but he relies on these things so much that I think its been a crutch in his development.

Sanchez was lucky that Tebow sucked tonight. When he missed Hill his whole game fell apart. If he hist Hill for that score it would have been a totally different story, especially since Rex never would have kept him in the whole second half to fall apart.

Agree on the first part, and the bolded is the same argument I was making in another thread. Tebow is the reason there is no QB competition. If he didn't suck tonight there would be a strong discussion for it. When he Tebowed that throw to Hill he fell apart. He was throwing the ball 5 feet over the head of RBs in the flat after that. Then he lollipopped one to Baker that he dropped.

Archived