My halfhearted attempt to remain even remotely optimistic about the Jets' offense

slats

Do you think the bright lights were not on for Rex last night ? You know how competitive the guy is and you know how much these 2 teams have grown to hate one another. If you cant win the little battles during a game like thrid and 1 and 4th and 1 and your supposed to be a Ground and Pound football team then you have major problems. Like I said the Giants field one of the smaller DLines in the NFL those are the type of lines we need to attack with the running game and wear them down so they cant rush the passer. Only problem is not one team in this league is scared of any part of our offense. They all play us striaght up because we are no threat at any level. I mean if we had a dangerous back like a MJD or a Matt Forte or a Chris Johnson teams would have to respect that threat. What do the Jets have ? It used to be our WR corps was a disaster now it seems we cant run the ball either. Im not sure what this team is going to do but I cant belive for one single second the first half of this football game did not mean a hell of a lot to Rex Ryan, you know it did and what you saw was a complete and utter breakdown in just about every phase of the Offense. yeah it starts with Offensive line and yes that effects the QB but thst still no excuse to throw a moronic pick six. If anything if Sanchez was not sure if the play then throw the damn ball into the ground and at least preserve the chance at a field goal.

Not only that but for much of the first half I saw Manning with a lot of time where was the pass rush ?

Ryan is a good defensive coach. And the Jets under him statistically are in the middle for sacks during his tenure. But simply they don't get near the QB nearly often enough. Having a good secondary and an all world CB are great, but if you give a decent QB that extra second or second and a half, someone will get open because the coverage will break down. And playing against the Pats watching TEs eat up our safeties and LBs is going to be two very long days without a pass rush.

Ryan is a good defensive coach. And the Jets under him statistically are in the middle for sacks during his tenure. But simply they don't get near the QB nearly often enough. Having a good secondary and an all world CB are great, but if you give a decent QB that extra second or second and a half, someone will get open because the coverage will break down. And playing against the Pats watching TEs eat up our safeties and LBs is going to be two very long days without a pass rush.

giants showed the world (twice) how to stop the pats but the lesson appears lost on our FO. did we even make a play for super mario?

Do you think the bright lights were not on for Rex last night ? You know how competitive the guy is and you know how much these 2 teams have grown to hate one another. If you cant win the little battles during a game like thrid and 1 and 4th and 1 and your supposed to be a Ground and Pound football team then you have major problems. Like I said the Giants field one of the smaller DLines in the NFL those are the type of lines we need to attack with the running game and wear them down so they cant rush the passer. Only problem is not one team in this league is scared of any part of our offense. They all play us striaght up because we are no threat at any level. I mean if we had a dangerous back like a MJD or a Matt Forte or a Chris Johnson teams would have to respect that threat. What do the Jets have ? It used to be our WR corps was a disaster now it seems we cant run the ball either. Im not sure what this team is going to do but I cant belive for one single second the first half of this football game did not mean a hell of a lot to Rex Ryan, you know it did and what you saw was a complete and utter breakdown in just about every phase of the Offense. yeah it starts with Offensive line and yes that effects the QB but thst still no excuse to throw a moronic pick six. If anything if Sanchez was not sure if the play then throw the damn ball into the ground and at least preserve the chance at a field goal.

Not only that but for much of the first half I saw Manning with a lot of time where was the pass rush ?

Losing to Giants in August = newspapers full of motivation for real games.

I agree 100 % and in the beginning of the Giants game our pass rush was no where near Eli. I guess will wait for Clowns like Maybin to excite Jets fans with a few garbage sacks then verything will be just peachy.

Losing to Giants in August = newspapers full of motivation for real games.

I hope this was all just a big ploy by rex and company but I doubt it with every fiber of my being. The Giants beat our ass and our offense is pathetic. All things considered it usually takes a tean until mid season to get in full form in a new offense so getting upset may be a bit premature but our O-Line scares the living hell out of me. As do our Running backs I think the WR's can be good if they ever get healthy but a few of them have been hurt nearly their entire careers. So yeah things are not looking all that great

I hope this was all just a big ploy by rex and company but I doubt it with every fiber of my being. The Giants beat our ass and our offense is pathetic. All things considered it usually takes a tean until mid season to get in full form in a new offense so getting upset may be a bit premature but our O-Line scares the living hell out of me. As do our Running backs I think the WR's can be good if they ever get healthy but a few of them have been hurt nearly their entire careers. So yeah things are not looking all that great

I understand the concerns. Our O-line is the same mediocre unit from last season. Our RBs suck, been saying this for a while. Our QBs are meh, as are our WRs.

That said, we'll be better than we've shown so far. I don't doubt it.

Some speed with DeMario Davis and and two upgrades at safety should keep the pass defense at the elite level it's been over this period.

Meanwhile, Coples should help the pass rush quite a bit. Now let's see what Maybin and Wilkerson can do this year, see if they can step it up as well.

Archived