Kareem McKenzie can't be worse than Hunter can he?

AFJF

At this point he's the only game in town, and a big upgrade even with diminished skills. Two year contract with a little up front $$ and some backside incentives (ie: bonus for 10 + games started) and I don't think he'll turn down a moderate Sluason-style contract (pre-pay cut). I think the second year will be the key though. He's at the end and a one year deal would probably put him at a backup with vet minimum in 2013. It would definately sweeten the pot to throw in the extra year, and give us time to groom his replacement. (If we ever draft one).

At this point he's the only game in town, and a big upgrade even with diminished skills. Two year contract with a little up front $$ and some backside incentives (ie: bonus for 10 + games started) and I don't think he'll turn down a moderate Sluason-style contract (pre-pay cut). I think the second year will be the key though. He's at the end and a one year deal would probably put him at a backup with vet minimum in 2013. It would definately sweeten the pot to throw in the extra year, and give us time to groom his replacement. (If we ever draft one).

But he's not. He was graded out as one of the few tackles that actually was worse than Hunter. He only seems better, because he was on the SB winning team; Eli just has the ability to actually perform with pressure on him, unlike sanchez.

Brick is doing a great job what's bad is the QB play. He made his 3rd Pro Bowl last year.

Brick is making the pro-bowl on his name and reputation. I don't think he's a bad player, but recently he has been playing at a level far below what he was 2/3 years ago. He was responsible for a jailbreak or two vs. the Giants the other night.

I'm not even saying this to "excuse" our QB play, which has been horrible. But so has the O-Line play, and in pass protection, this should start with your 3x pro-bowl blindside protector. He needs to step up, period.

Also it's worth noting that FO tracks the gaps. Giants were way down at the bottom on the right side and the Jets were somewhere in the middle. Some of that's attributable to the way that the Jets have historically used Moore, and their blocking schemes are different, but it gives a little context to how bad McKenzie was considering he plays next to Snee.

makenzie better because hunter has such an infamous stench about him now - perception matters and the perception is that there are no consequences for abysmal performance on this offense right now

Perception only matters to idiots on a message board. Performance matters on the field. This is as simply as Sesame Street.

Bad>Worse>Worst. Hunter>McKenzie

Perception only matters to idiots on a message board. Performance matters on the field. This is as simply as Sesame Street.

Bad>Worse>Worst. Hunter>McKenzie

call me elmo then but lack of accountability is the surest sign of a coach with no control over the team. the evidence of infighting from last season shows that indeed it matters to more than "idiots" on a messageboard (thanks for that by the way) but also to the "idiots" on the field. bring in mackenzie - even if you cut him in a few weeks hunter and others need to know that when you suck eggs, all/any other options will be explored.

call me elmo then but lack of accountability is the surest sign of a coach with no control over the team. the evidence of infighting from last season shows that indeed it matters to more than "idiots" on a messageboard (thanks for that by the way) but also to the "idiots" on the field. bring in mackenzie - even if you cut him in a few weeks hunter and others need to know that when you suck eggs, all/any other options will be explored.

I'd rather explore an option that wasn't actually worse than Hunter. McKenzie is the one single starter that was worse by all accounts. IMO saying we should start Austin Howard is a more sensible approach.

Additionally, Hunter is just coming back from injury. If we brought McKenzie in and he had an identical game to Hunter vs. the Giants, we would have to hear how he still deserved more time because he is just getting back into camp and hasn't played much, well neither has Hunter. Hunter was bad. He was pretty bad last year too. OTOH, coming off an injury to fact JPP, Osi and Tuck isn't exactly an easy return.

Brick is making the pro-bowl on his name and reputation. I don't think he's a bad player, but recently he has been playing at a level far below what he was 2/3 years ago. He was responsible for a jailbreak or two vs. the Giants the other night.

I'm not even saying this to "excuse" our QB play, which has been horrible. But so has the O-Line play, and in pass protection, this should start with your 3x pro-bowl blindside protector. He needs to step up, period.

A lot of the times that you see a sack credited to Brick, it's on Sanchez not being on the same page as him. When Brick, or hunter for that matter, washes the player out, Sanchez needs to be stepping up into the pocket, or vice versa if Brick forces the guy inside...too many times I've seen Sanchez not have any awareness of where his tackles are forcing their guys and he just steps right into the rush. As much as I hate the guy, Tom Brady is the epitome of pocket awareness and avoiding the sack with a simple few steps up, to the side or back. Sanchez is a very good athlete and should be able to do this, he just has terrible awareness. Now, I'm not saying all of the sacks are on sanchez, there are clearly times where Brick and Hunter just get beat, but there are a decent amount of sacks that are directly attributable to Mark.

Manish Mehta just posted this in a blog post he wrote:

The Daily News has learned that the Jets haven't inquired about former Jets and Giant tackle Kareem McKenzie as of now. McKenzie is an unrestricted free agent and could provide the stability that the Jets are lacking at right tackle.

Not sure if McKenzie is the answer. But its not that nothing can be done.

Last year Pittsburgh did have a lot of injuries on O-Line and they manufactured a line with a few players from other teams Practice Squad.I wish there was a better play like free agency or the draft ahead of us this season. But those are in the past. And we still do not have a starting RT. Hope Tanny is burning the midnight oil looking for teams with great O-LIne depth trying to hide a player in the P.S.

Archived