kick ass chili

Red2111

not to pat my own back much, but i just made the most ass kicking chili ever!! ofcourse its not my normal gem of noxious gas producing stick to your bones grub, but its ranking up there.

only downfalls this time, not much heat and its a wee bit soupy. nothing that can't be solved with some rice, crackers and tabasco sauce ;)

okay so down to the nitty gritty of this kickin kitty, heres whatcha need to cook it; prep time is about 30 mins, cook time is atleast 4 hrs, but it gets better the longer you cook it.

Ingerdients

- 5 Qt Crockpot with low cook feature.

- 1 lb of hamburger

- 1 Kilbasa Polish Sausage (chut up in bite sized chunks)

- 1 can/jar of mushroom & green pepper spagetti sauce

- 1 medium Yellow Onion (diced & raw)

- 1 Can Chili made ready tomatos

- 1 Can Rotell Chili Pepper and Tomato

- 1 Can Black Beans (drained & washed)

- 1 Can Light Kidney Beans (drained & washed)

- 1 Can Dark Kidney Beans (drained & washed)

- Spices: Paprika, Cumin, Chili Powder, Garlic Salt

addition ingredients to set this beast off the chain - Various assortment of Bell Peppers, Mushrooms, Chipotle Tabasco Sauce

Steps to yummy goodness

1 - plug int he crock pot and turn it on low.

2 - add in Spagetti Sauce, diced onion, 3 bean variety, & Kilbasa; give it a stir to mix everythign together.

3 - drain both tomato cans into the spagetti jar, swirl aroudn the jar to get remaining spagetti sauce out of the container and add juice and both cans of tomato to the pot.

4 - stir well and put the lid on it.

5 - brown your hamburger; while browning season hamburger with above recomended seasonings liberally.

6 - once hamburger is cooked, drain and then add to the crockpot.

7 - once again, stir well to incoorperate all ingredients.

8 - replace lid and let sit/cook on low 4-6 hrs.

9 - taste and add more seasons if needed.

* it you want it thicker, add in some tomato paste after its cooked for 4 hrs.

* if you want it thinner, add in a can of condensed tomato soup.

* for an extra kick, add in a pinch or two of Cyanne Powder while browning the hamburger.

not to pat my own back much, but i just made the most ass kicking chili ever!! ofcourse its not my normal gem of noxious gas producing stick to your bones grub, but its ranking up there.

only downfalls this time, not much heat and its a wee bit soupy. nothing that can't be solved with some rice, crackers and tabasco sauce ;)

okay so down to the nitty gritty of this kickin kitty, heres whatcha need to cook it; prep time is about 30 mins, cook time is atleast 4 hrs, but it gets better the longer you cook it.

Ingerdients

- 5 Qt Crockpot with low cook feature.

- 1 lb of hamburger

- 1 Kilbasa Polish Sausage (chut up in bite sized chunks)

- 1 can/jar of mushroom & green pepper spagetti sauce

- 1 medium Yellow Onion (diced & raw)

- 1 Can Chili made ready tomatos

- 1 Can Rotell Chili Pepper and Tomato

- 1 Can Black Beans (drained & washed)

- 1 Can Light Kidney Beans (drained & washed)

- 1 Can Dark Kidney Beans (drained & washed)

- Spices: Paprika, Cumin, Chili Powder, Garlic Salt

addition ingredients to set this beast off the chain - Various assortment of Bell Peppers, Mushrooms, Chipotle Tabasco Sauce

Steps to yummy goodness

1 - plug int he crock pot and turn it on low.

2 - add in Spagetti Sauce, diced onion, 3 bean variety, & Kilbasa; give it a stir to mix everythign together.

3 - drain both tomato cans into the spagetti jar, swirl aroudn the jar to get remaining spagetti sauce out of the container and add juice and both cans of tomato to the pot.

4 - stir well and put the lid on it.

5 - brown your hamburger; while browning season hamburger with above recomended seasonings liberally.

6 - once hamburger is cooked, drain and then add to the crockpot.

7 - once again, stir well to incoorperate all ingredients.

8 - replace lid and let sit/cook on low 4-6 hrs.

9 - taste and add more seasons if needed.

* it you want it thicker, add in some tomato paste after its cooked for 4 hrs.

* if you want it thinner, add in a can of condensed tomato soup.

* for an extra kick, add in a pinch or two of Cyanne Powder while browning the hamburger.

Sorry, as soon as I saw "jar of mushroom and green pepper spaghetti sauce" I had to stop reading. That is convict food.

well so far as i know i have no helathcare and don't llive in a gated community so i can assure you i'm not a convict ;)

seriosuly though, dont' knock it till you try it. unless you got a better idea for a base for chili.

well so far as i know i have no helathcare and don't llive in a gated community so i can assure you i'm not a convict ;)

seriosuly though, dont' knock it till you try it. unless you got a better idea for a base for chili.

What you're missing here is that Joe's a proud Italian and jarred sauce is a crime against food in his book.

Hell, I'm not even Italian (though grew up in very Italian neighborhoods), and I'm with him on this one for sure. The little effort required to make a decent sauce is worth the vast improvement in taste over that jarred nonsense.

What you're missing here is that Joe's a proud Italian and jarred sauce is a crime against food in his book.

Hell, I'm not even Italian (though grew up in very Italian neighborhoods), and I'm with him on this one for sure. The little effort required to make a decent sauce is worth the vast improvement in taste over that jarred nonsense.

Whatever protein is in the fridge cooked in olive oil and whatever sauce i have in a jar = Bachelor delicacy.

Though I have been cutting up onions lately and throwing some in there. Which I guess counts as effort. This is progress.

Here is mine, i think i have posted it before, but here it is again.

FIRE ROASTED HOT CHILI

Ingredients

1 lb ground beef

1 lb ground pork

1 lb ground turkey

1 can red kidney beans (drained)

1 can pinto beans (drained)

2 cups diced onion

2 cups diced green pepper

1/2 cup roasted red peppers

2 cups tomato sauce

2 tbsp olive oil

1 tbsp kosher salt

2 tbsp sweet Hungarian paprika

2 tbsp ancho chili pepper

2 tbsp coarse ground chipotle

1 tbsp smoked habanero (to taste)

2 tbsp granulated garlic

4 tbsp cumin seed

1 tbsp fresh ground pepper (to taste)

1 tbsp coco powder

2 cups beef stock

2 oz of whiskey

4 tbsp fresh Italian parsley (chopped)

Steps

On medium heat in large pan

Brown meat set aside, drain and reserve liquid

Toast cumin seed in separate pan and allow to cool (grind in coffee mill)

Add oil to original pan, sweat onions until translucent, add green peppers until soften, add 1/2 of parsley add 1/2 of the cumin.

Assemble ingredients in slow cooker (or large Dutch oven)

Remove fat from drippings and discard, add stock along with meat mixture, onion / peppers and remaining ingredients reserving the ground cumin, parsley and the whiskey.

Allow to come to heat and simmer low for 4 hours. Add the remaining ingredients; continue to simmer for another 1/2 hour.

Whatever protein is in the fridge cooked in olive oil and whatever sauce i have in a jar = Bachelor delicacy.

Though I have been cutting up onions lately and throwing some in there. Which I guess counts as effort. This is progress.

I'm talking about what people who actually enjoy food should eat, not what one would consume to stave off hunger.

Garlic, onion, canned tomatoes, a little sugar (to cut down acidity of tomatoes), and some fresh basil and you can make yourself a basic pomodoro in under 20 minutes.

I'm talking about what people who actually enjoy food should eat, not what one would consume to stave off hunger.

Garlic, onion, canned tomatoes, a little sugar (to cut down acidity of tomatoes), and some fresh basil and you can make yourself a basic pomodoro in under 20 minutes.

Hey, hey, I'd say it's at least...1 step above that.

Archived