•  

Photo
- - - - -

Jets have an easier schedule than the Patriots, which is nice.....

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:35 AM

Look at the Jets schedule!

They play good teams back-to-back weeks only once, Weeks 4/5 with Houston/San Francisco.
(Good teams defined as teams you'll have to play well to defeat, bad teams you have strong history of beating)

Many fans seem worried by the Bills game, but it's been 3 years since the Bills beat the Jets. I can't call them a good team on that basis.

The Jets follow the Steelers game with the Dolphins. The Patriots game is followed by the Dolphins. The game in Seattle is followed by the Rams. The Chargers never come to the Northeast in December and play well because the temperature will be below 70 degrees. And the last game in Buffalo could be meaningless to one or both teams.

Meanwhile "The Past" have to start off in Tennesse, which is never easy, like playing in Seattle. They do have an advantage going against a rookie QB. But Tennesse is not a bad team at home. They have to go to Seattle, go to Buffalo, where they lost last year, go to Baltimore, play Peyton Manning, and play the Jets. They can't just throw their jerseys out there and win those games. They'll have to play well. The only cupcakes they have in the first half are the Rams and Cardinals with no QB.

Plus they have the Texans/49ers back to back in December, while the Jets have a relatively easy December.

The Jets can very easily go 6-2 or 7-1 in the second half. They only play 5 playoff teams from last year, and only one in the second half (Pats Thanksgiving Night)
BD

Edited by BlackDynamite, 30 August 2012 - 09:37 AM.

#2 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 45,765 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

I'm more concerned about the schedules of the teams fighting for WC spots. The division is New England's by default, no matter what we'd prefer to believe.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#3 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:27 AM

If "The Past" don't start protecting Tom Lady, they'll have much bigger issues to worry about......
BD

#4 Jetsfan1015

Jetsfan1015

Sec. 323

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:43 AM

Are you saying that the Bills are a tough game for the Pats because they lost to them last year for the first time since 2003 and are not for the Jets?

#5 rillo

rillo

Bernard Pollard for President.

• Members
  • 9,642 posts
  • LocationWPB, FL

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:48 AM

Jets play again on Thanksgiving?! Damn it, I wanted to enjoy my turkey day.

#6 gEYno

gEYno

2013-2014 JN Captain

• Members
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:56 AM

If "The Past" don't start protecting Tom Lady, they'll have much bigger issues to worry about......
BD

Oh. Are we doing this again?

Is this the year of the Pats downfall? This one?

Posted Image

#7 war ensemble

war ensemble

Institutionalized

• Members
  • 11,357 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:01 AM

Oh. Are we doing this again?

Is this the year of the Pats downfall? This one?

THE PIG IS RIPE FOR THE SLAUGHTER!!!
Posted Image
Props to eBoy...

#8 gEYno

gEYno

2013-2014 JN Captain

• Members
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:04 AM

THE PIG IS RIPE FOR THE SLAUGHTER!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:11 AM

"Oh. Are we doing this again?

Is this the year of the Pats downfall? This one?"

You're bend-over-and-take-it attitude bores me.....
BD

#10 BroadwayJoe12

BroadwayJoe12

JN's Rust Cohle

• Members
  • 8,341 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:29 AM

BD

Until a team lead by Bill Bellichik and Tom Brady prove to be anything but dominant, then yes, we are going to continue to assume that the division is theirs. Doesn't mean we like it or hope it won't happen, but blind optimism is how people lose all their money.

#11 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:43 AM

"Doesn't mean we like it or hope it won't happen, but blind optimism is how people lose all their money."

Nothing blind, since I've seen their O-Line begin to disintegrate. They are a one trick pony, and that one trick is starting to be a treat for opposing defenses. And Tom Lady just turned 35. Nothing last forever.....
BD

Edited by BlackDynamite, 30 August 2012 - 11:43 AM.

#12 Darrellegivesmeaboner#24

Darrellegivesmeaboner#24

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:55 AM

If we can get to Brady we can beat the Pats. We've beaten the Pats basically every time that we have had a successful pass rush the past few years; which hasn't been often enough. With signs of weakness along their o-line, an even slower Brady, and our hopefully improved pass rush we can be more successful against the Pats this year. I can't wait for the Thanksgiving game. Hopefully the offense will show up enough for us to beat the teams that we should beat and keep us in the hunt that late into the season.

#13 Joe Jets fan

Joe Jets fan

not sure

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:25 PM

I have a question, Belli cuts any vet that loses a step before they get to bad. He would rather cut them one year early then one year too late. I wonder if Brady slips this year or next will Belli cut him, or hang on a year to late.

Edited by Joe Jets fan, 30 August 2012 - 12:25 PM.

#14 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 45,765 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:27 PM

Nothing blind, since I've seen their O-Line begin to disintegrate.

If there's one thing Belichick and his staff has done particularly well, its been putting together a solid offensive line year in and year out. So only when it actually does prove to "disintegrate" in games that matter we can have a conversation about that.

Edited by Jetsfan80, 30 August 2012 - 12:28 PM.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#15 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 45,765 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

I have a question, Belli cuts any vet that loses a step before they get to bad. He would rather cut them one year early then one year too late. I wonder if Brady slips this year or next will Belli cut him, or hang on a year to late.

Brady just threw for 5,000+ yards and took a trip to the Super Bowl and you speculate whether he'll be cut in 2 years. Can't make this stuff up.

Edited by Jetsfan80, 30 August 2012 - 12:29 PM.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#16 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 45,765 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:30 PM

If we can get to Brady we can beat the Pats. We've beaten the Pats basically every time that we have had a successful pass rush the past few years; which hasn't been often enough. With signs of weakness along their o-line, an even slower Brady, and our hopefully improved pass rush we can be more successful against the Pats this year. I can't wait for the Thanksgiving game. Hopefully the offense will show up enough for us to beat the teams that we should beat and keep us in the hunt that late into the season.

Now THIS is a useful post. I really do hope our new young pass-rush can wreak havoc in our meetings this year, even if our offense manages to screw things up. Nothing would make me happier.

Edited by Jetsfan80, 30 August 2012 - 12:30 PM.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#17 gEYno

gEYno

2013-2014 JN Captain

• Members
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:31 PM

BD

Schadenfreude towards the idiots. One of the few joys left in Jet-fandom.

Posted Image

#18 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 45,765 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:33 PM

Schadenfreude towards the idiots. One of the few joys left in Jet-fandom.

Does Sanchez have a symbolic penis?

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#19 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:37 PM

"Brady just threw for 5,000+ yards and took a trip to the Super Bowl and you speculate whether he'll be cut in 2 years. Can't make this stuff up."

Jets fan running to Tom Lady's defense. Can't make that up either.....
BD

#20 JiF

JiF

President of the Rex Ryan Fan Club

• Members
  • 36,517 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:37 PM

Look at the Jets schedule!

They play good teams back-to-back weeks only once, Weeks 4/5 with Houston/San Francisco.
(Good teams defined as teams you'll have to play well to defeat, bad teams you have strong history of beating)

Many fans seem worried by the Bills game, but it's been 3 years since the Bills beat the Jets. I can't call them a good team on that basis.

The Jets follow the Steelers game with the Dolphins. The Patriots game is followed by the Dolphins. The game in Seattle is followed by the Rams. The Chargers never come to the Northeast in December and play well because the temperature will be below 70 degrees. And the last game in Buffalo could be meaningless to one or both teams.

Meanwhile "The Past" have to start off in Tennesse, which is never easy, like playing in Seattle. They do have an advantage going against a rookie QB. But Tennesse is not a bad team at home. They have to go to Seattle, go to Buffalo, where they lost last year, go to Baltimore, play Peyton Manning, and play the Jets. They can't just throw their jerseys out there and win those games. They'll have to play well. The only cupcakes they have in the first half are the Rams and Cardinals with no QB.

Plus they have the Texans/49ers back to back in December, while the Jets have a relatively easy December.

The Jets can very easily go 6-2 or 7-1 in the second half. They only play 5 playoff teams from last year, and only one in the second half (Pats Thanksgiving Night)
BD

Pretty sure I've read numerous places, based on winning percentage last year, the Pats have the easiest schedule in the Football. Something like their opponents have a .433 winning % from last year. I think they only play 1 playoff team on the road this season.

Plus, they play in the AFCE which means at the very least, 5 guaranteed wins.
Posted Image

#21 stoicsentry

stoicsentry

Not Really Stoic

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 8,365 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:39 PM

Brady should be getting back 3 of his linemen to begin the season. So that offensive line will look better soon but all those injuries/lack of conditioning/lack of practice could indeed come back to haunt them.

#22 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:40 PM

"Plus, they play in the AFCE which means at the very least, 5 guaranteed wins."

Jets can say the same.

As I said, the Pats have 6 tough games in the first half, and 3 in the second. Jets have it set up better than they do.....
BD

#23 gEYno

gEYno

2013-2014 JN Captain

• Members
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:41 PM

Does Sanchez have a symbolic penis?

Nah. He's a Jet.

Tom Lady does.

Tom Lady.

Do you get it?

Lady.

Like, as in a woman. Which is like an insult to be called as a man. Because women are weak and stuff.

And, Lady rhymes with Brady.

Get it?

Posted Image

#24 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 45,765 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:55 PM

"Brady just threw for 5,000+ yards and took a trip to the Super Bowl and you speculate whether he'll be cut in 2 years. Can't make this stuff up."

Jets fan running to Tom Lady's defense. Can't make that up either.....
BD

I'm not the one trying to come up with ways to rip him. It's easier and more productive to just say "he's gay" and move on to figuring out who will be the Jets QB in 2013.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#25 JiF

JiF

President of the Rex Ryan Fan Club

• Members
  • 36,517 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:56 PM

"Plus, they play in the AFCE which means at the very least, 5 guaranteed wins."

Jets can say the same.

As I said, the Pats have 6 tough games in the first half, and 3 in the second. Jets have it set up better than they do.....
BD

Its pretty much the same dude, always is...the Pats look easier IMO.

We both play on the road at Tenn.
Both at Seattle.
Both on the road vs. the best in the AFCN (Steelers and Ravens) - both are 1 of 2 random games.
Our other random game is at home - we get San Diego, they get Broncos - pretty much a wash.
Both have the 49'ers at home.
Both play Jags on the road
Both play Zona at home.
Both play Rams on road.

They are almost identical.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users