Jets have an easier schedule than the Patriots, which is nice.....

BlackDynamite

Look at the Jets schedule!

They play good teams back-to-back weeks only once, Weeks 4/5 with Houston/San Francisco.

(Good teams defined as teams you'll have to play well to defeat, bad teams you have strong history of beating)

Many fans seem worried by the Bills game, but it's been 3 years since the Bills beat the Jets. I can't call them a good team on that basis.

The Jets follow the Steelers game with the Dolphins. The Patriots game is followed by the Dolphins. The game in Seattle is followed by the Rams. The Chargers never come to the Northeast in December and play well because the temperature will be below 70 degrees. And the last game in Buffalo could be meaningless to one or both teams.

Meanwhile "The Past" have to start off in Tennesse, which is never easy, like playing in Seattle. They do have an advantage going against a rookie QB. But Tennesse is not a bad team at home. They have to go to Seattle, go to Buffalo, where they lost last year, go to Baltimore, play Peyton Manning, and play the Jets. They can't just throw their jerseys out there and win those games. They'll have to play well. The only cupcakes they have in the first half are the Rams and Cardinals with no QB.

Plus they have the Texans/49ers back to back in December, while the Jets have a relatively easy December.

The Jets can very easily go 6-2 or 7-1 in the second half. They only play 5 playoff teams from last year, and only one in the second half (Pats Thanksgiving Night)

BD

"Oh. Are we doing this again?

Is this the year of the Pats downfall? This one?"

You're bend-over-and-take-it attitude bores me.....

BD

Until a team lead by Bill Bellichik and Tom Brady prove to be anything but dominant, then yes, we are going to continue to assume that the division is theirs. Doesn't mean we like it or hope it won't happen, but blind optimism is how people lose all their money.

"Doesn't mean we like it or hope it won't happen, but blind optimism is how people lose all their money."

Nothing blind, since I've seen their O-Line begin to disintegrate. They are a one trick pony, and that one trick is starting to be a treat for opposing defenses. And Tom Lady just turned 35. Nothing last forever.....

BD

If we can get to Brady we can beat the Pats. We've beaten the Pats basically every time that we have had a successful pass rush the past few years; which hasn't been often enough. With signs of weakness along their o-line, an even slower Brady, and our hopefully improved pass rush we can be more successful against the Pats this year. I can't wait for the Thanksgiving game. Hopefully the offense will show up enough for us to beat the teams that we should beat and keep us in the hunt that late into the season.

Nothing blind, since I've seen their O-Line begin to disintegrate.

If there's one thing Belichick and his staff has done particularly well, its been putting together a solid offensive line year in and year out. So only when it actually does prove to "disintegrate" in games that matter we can have a conversation about that.

I have a question, Belli cuts any vet that loses a step before they get to bad. He would rather cut them one year early then one year too late. I wonder if Brady slips this year or next will Belli cut him, or hang on a year to late.

Brady just threw for 5,000+ yards and took a trip to the Super Bowl and you speculate whether he'll be cut in 2 years. Can't make this stuff up.

If we can get to Brady we can beat the Pats. We've beaten the Pats basically every time that we have had a successful pass rush the past few years; which hasn't been often enough. With signs of weakness along their o-line, an even slower Brady, and our hopefully improved pass rush we can be more successful against the Pats this year. I can't wait for the Thanksgiving game. Hopefully the offense will show up enough for us to beat the teams that we should beat and keep us in the hunt that late into the season.

Now THIS is a useful post. I really do hope our new young pass-rush can wreak havoc in our meetings this year, even if our offense manages to screw things up. Nothing would make me happier.

Look at the Jets schedule!

They play good teams back-to-back weeks only once, Weeks 4/5 with Houston/San Francisco.

(Good teams defined as teams you'll have to play well to defeat, bad teams you have strong history of beating)

Many fans seem worried by the Bills game, but it's been 3 years since the Bills beat the Jets. I can't call them a good team on that basis.

The Jets follow the Steelers game with the Dolphins. The Patriots game is followed by the Dolphins. The game in Seattle is followed by the Rams. The Chargers never come to the Northeast in December and play well because the temperature will be below 70 degrees. And the last game in Buffalo could be meaningless to one or both teams.

Meanwhile "The Past" have to start off in Tennesse, which is never easy, like playing in Seattle. They do have an advantage going against a rookie QB. But Tennesse is not a bad team at home. They have to go to Seattle, go to Buffalo, where they lost last year, go to Baltimore, play Peyton Manning, and play the Jets. They can't just throw their jerseys out there and win those games. They'll have to play well. The only cupcakes they have in the first half are the Rams and Cardinals with no QB.

Plus they have the Texans/49ers back to back in December, while the Jets have a relatively easy December.

The Jets can very easily go 6-2 or 7-1 in the second half. They only play 5 playoff teams from last year, and only one in the second half (Pats Thanksgiving Night)

BD

Pretty sure I've read numerous places, based on winning percentage last year, the Pats have the easiest schedule in the Football. Something like their opponents have a .433 winning % from last year. I think they only play 1 playoff team on the road this season.

Plus, they play in the AFCE which means at the very least, 5 guaranteed wins.

Does Sanchez have a symbolic penis?

Nah. He's a Jet.

Tom Lady does.

Tom Lady.

Do you get it?

Lady.

Like, as in a woman. Which is like an insult to be called as a man. Because women are weak and stuff.

And, Lady rhymes with Brady.

Get it?

"Brady just threw for 5,000+ yards and took a trip to the Super Bowl and you speculate whether he'll be cut in 2 years. Can't make this stuff up."

Jets fan running to Tom Lady's defense. Can't make that up either.....

BD

I'm not the one trying to come up with ways to rip him. It's easier and more productive to just say "he's gay" and move on to figuring out who will be the Jets QB in 2013.

"Plus, they play in the AFCE which means at the very least, 5 guaranteed wins."

Jets can say the same.

As I said, the Pats have 6 tough games in the first half, and 3 in the second. Jets have it set up better than they do.....

BD

Its pretty much the same dude, always is...the Pats look easier IMO.

We both play on the road at Tenn.

Both at Seattle.

Both on the road vs. the best in the AFCN (Steelers and Ravens) - both are 1 of 2 random games.

Our other random game is at home - we get San Diego, they get Broncos - pretty much a wash.

Both have the 49'ers at home.

Both play Jags on the road

Both play Zona at home.

Both play Rams on road.

They are almost identical.

As I said, you have to look a little deeper. All but once, the Jets harder games are followed by an easy opponent.

The Past have six games where they need to bring a cup in the first half. Two where that cup will be filled with cake. They'll struggle to get to the bye with a 5-3 record. If they were 4-4, wouldn't surprise me at all.....

Plus they have to deal with Texans/Niners in December, while the Jets play teams like the Cardinals and Jags.

Give me the Jets schedule 8 days a week.....

BD

"Plus, they play in the AFCE which means at the very least, 5 guaranteed wins."

Jets can say the same.

As I said, the Pats have 6 tough games in the first half, and 3 in the second. Jets have it set up better than they do.....

BD

Off topic:

You do know you can just use the quote feature right?

Back on topic:

Nah. He's a Jet.

Tom Lady does.

Tom Lady.

Do you get it?

Lady.

Like, as in a woman. Which is like an insult to be called as a man. Because women are weak and stuff.

And, Lady rhymes with Brady.

Get it?

HAHAHA F'n BROADS amirite?!?! No BROAD is gonna take this division, again! Not with their purses and nails and and.,..t!ts.

As I said, you have to look a little deeper. All but once, the Jets harder games are followed by an easy opponent.

And so do that Pats. Both teams only have 2 good teams back to back, once. And they are the same teams just flopped. They get Houston then San Fran at home. We get San Fran then Houston at home. They have it late in the season, we have it early. I'd prefer having it late than early which is how the Pats have it.

The Past have six games where they need to bring a cup in the first half. Two where that cup will be filled with cake. They'll struggle to get to the bye with a 5-3 record. If they were 4-4, wouldn't surprise me at all.....

This makes zero sense. We play the same schedule minus 2 teams and those 2 teams are nearly identical. We have the Steelers, they have the Ravens. We have the Chargers, they have the Broncos. Both teams in both scenarios, have the same threats.

Plus they have to deal with Texans/Niners in December, while the Jets play teams like the Cardinals and Jags.

I think you can make a case either way, I'd prefer to get off to a fast start as I think most teams hope to be playing your best ball by the end of the season.

Give me the Jets schedule 8 days a week.....

BD

Pretty much no difference in the 2 schedules, but whatevs.

And so do that Pats. Both teams only have 2 good teams back to back, once. And they are the same teams just flopped. They get Houston then San Fran at home. We get San Fran then Houston at home. They have it late in the season, we have it early. I'd prefer having it late than early which is how the Pats have it.

At Baltimore, At Buffalo, Denver, At Seattle, Jets. That's 5 straight games where the Pats have to come to work locked and loaded. Jets don't have a stretch anywhere near that this season.

And why would you want to play Playoff teams battling for seeding in December? How will that work for you?

BD

At Baltimore, At Buffalo, Denver, At Seattle, Jets. That's 5 straight games where the Pats have to come to work locked and loaded. Jets don't have a stretch anywhere near that this season.

And why would you want to play Playoff teams battling for seeding in December? How will that work for you?

BD

At Pitt, at Miami, Houston, San Fran, At New England. Thats 4 playoff teams, 3 division winners and a combined 48-32 last year. I'd say thats a much harder road to start the season than a stretch in the middle of the year playing 1 team who was better than .500.

I'd prefer playing better teams later in the season as you're hoping to play your best ball at that time. We've got a new offense, that looks terrible. I'd love to have a couple of lay up games under our belt before having to face 3 of the best defenses in the league in Pitt, Houston and San Fran. Unfortunately, we dont.

I'd prefer playing better teams later in the season as you're hoping to play your best ball at that time. We've got a new offense, that looks terrible. I'd love to have a couple of lay up games under our belt before having to face 3 of the best defenses in the league in Pitt, Houston and San Fran. Unfortunately, we dont.

Buffalo and Miami are layups sprinkled in. Sorry you didn't notice that. The Pats have 5 straight tough games.

So what if you're playing better later in the season. Houston and San Francisco won't be?

I'd rather take my medicine early, and cruise to the playoffs on a soft bed of games in December. If you want to fight a bunch of wars before the Playoffs, be my guest. I'll be ready after 3-4 weeks. Give me some cupcakes when my team is weary after 13-14 weeks into the season. I'll live to fight into January.....

BD

Buffalo and Miami are layups sprinkled in. Sorry you didn't notice that. The Pats have 5 straight tough games.

Buffalo is a lay up game for the Jets but are one of the 5 straight tough games that the Pats have to play? huh?

So what if you're playing better later in the season. Houston and San Francisco won't be?

I dont recall saying that. I recall saying our new offense sucks and it would be nice to not have to play the 3 best D's in the league in the first 5 games.

I'd rather take my medicine early, and cruise to the playoffs on a soft bed of games in December. If you want to fight a bunch of wars before the Playoffs, be my guest.

Playing your best late is how the past 4 SB champs have won. I think its good to be tested late right before the playoffs. You're either good enough or you're not and carrying that momentum is critical.

I'll be ready after 3-4 weeks. Give me some cupcakes when my team is weary after 13-14 weeks into the season. I'll live to fight into January.....

BD

If we had a good team, with a consistent offense, I'd agree. But, we have a horrible offense, that is brand new and we are rolling out a rookie WR and a suspect OL. It would be nice to not have to face those D's early, IMO. Dont think it matters in the grand scheme of things because the schedule is soft after the buy...but thats just the way I see it.

Playing Buffalo at home is easy. Going to Buffalo, not so much. Just ask Tom Lady.

If you want to put your season in the balance against Houston and San Fran in December, good with that.

I'd rather address that situation earlier than in December, when I'm fighting for a spot or a seed.

I think winning all my December games gives the team all the momentum you could ever need, no?

BD

Archived