•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Jets have an easier schedule than the Patriots, which is nice.....

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#26 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:10 PM

As I said, you have to look a little deeper. All but once, the Jets harder games are followed by an easy opponent.

The Past have six games where they need to bring a cup in the first half. Two where that cup will be filled with cake. They'll struggle to get to the bye with a 5-3 record. If they were 4-4, wouldn't surprise me at all.....

Plus they have to deal with Texans/Niners in December, while the Jets play teams like the Cardinals and Jags.

Give me the Jets schedule 8 days a week.....
BD

Edited by BlackDynamite, 30 August 2012 - 01:11 PM.

#27 Jetsfan1015

Jetsfan1015

Sec. 323

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:11 PM

"Plus, they play in the AFCE which means at the very least, 5 guaranteed wins."

Jets can say the same.

As I said, the Pats have 6 tough games in the first half, and 3 in the second. Jets have it set up better than they do.....
BD

Off topic:

You do know you can just use the quote feature right?

Back on topic:

#28 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,670 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:21 PM

Nah. He's a Jet.

Tom Lady does.

Tom Lady.

Do you get it?

Lady.

Like, as in a woman. Which is like an insult to be called as a man. Because women are weak and stuff.

And, Lady rhymes with Brady.

Get it?

HAHAHA F'n BROADS amirite?!?! No BROAD is gonna take this division, again! Not with their purses and nails and and.,..t!ts.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#29 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,039 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:42 PM

As I said, you have to look a little deeper. All but once, the Jets harder games are followed by an easy opponent.

And so do that Pats. Both teams only have 2 good teams back to back, once. And they are the same teams just flopped. They get Houston then San Fran at home. We get San Fran then Houston at home. They have it late in the season, we have it early. I'd prefer having it late than early which is how the Pats have it.

The Past have six games where they need to bring a cup in the first half. Two where that cup will be filled with cake. They'll struggle to get to the bye with a 5-3 record. If they were 4-4, wouldn't surprise me at all.....

This makes zero sense. We play the same schedule minus 2 teams and those 2 teams are nearly identical. We have the Steelers, they have the Ravens. We have the Chargers, they have the Broncos. Both teams in both scenarios, have the same threats.

Plus they have to deal with Texans/Niners in December, while the Jets play teams like the Cardinals and Jags.

I think you can make a case either way, I'd prefer to get off to a fast start as I think most teams hope to be playing your best ball by the end of the season.

Give me the Jets schedule 8 days a week.....
BD

Pretty much no difference in the 2 schedules, but whatevs.

Edited by JiF, 30 August 2012 - 01:43 PM.

Posted Image

#30 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:49 PM

And so do that Pats. Both teams only have 2 good teams back to back, once. And they are the same teams just flopped. They get Houston then San Fran at home. We get San Fran then Houston at home. They have it late in the season, we have it early. I'd prefer having it late than early which is how the Pats have it.

At Baltimore, At Buffalo, Denver, At Seattle, Jets. That's 5 straight games where the Pats have to come to work locked and loaded. Jets don't have a stretch anywhere near that this season.

And why would you want to play Playoff teams battling for seeding in December? How will that work for you?
BD

#31 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 47,028 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:57 PM

And why would you want to play Playoff teams battling for seeding in December? How will that work for you?
BD

No better than playing them early in the season when we're not playing our best ball.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#32 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,039 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:06 PM

At Baltimore, At Buffalo, Denver, At Seattle, Jets. That's 5 straight games where the Pats have to come to work locked and loaded. Jets don't have a stretch anywhere near that this season.

BD

At Pitt, at Miami, Houston, San Fran, At New England. Thats 4 playoff teams, 3 division winners and a combined 48-32 last year. I'd say thats a much harder road to start the season than a stretch in the middle of the year playing 1 team who was better than .500.

I'd prefer playing better teams later in the season as you're hoping to play your best ball at that time. We've got a new offense, that looks terrible. I'd love to have a couple of lay up games under our belt before having to face 3 of the best defenses in the league in Pitt, Houston and San Fran. Unfortunately, we dont.
Posted Image

#33 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:14 PM

I'd prefer playing better teams later in the season as you're hoping to play your best ball at that time. We've got a new offense, that looks terrible. I'd love to have a couple of lay up games under our belt before having to face 3 of the best defenses in the league in Pitt, Houston and San Fran. Unfortunately, we dont.

Buffalo and Miami are layups sprinkled in. Sorry you didn't notice that. The Pats have 5 straight tough games.

So what if you're playing better later in the season. Houston and San Francisco won't be?

I'd rather take my medicine early, and cruise to the playoffs on a soft bed of games in December. If you want to fight a bunch of wars before the Playoffs, be my guest. I'll be ready after 3-4 weeks. Give me some cupcakes when my team is weary after 13-14 weeks into the season. I'll live to fight into January.....
BD

Edited by BlackDynamite, 30 August 2012 - 02:14 PM.

#34 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,039 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

Buffalo and Miami are layups sprinkled in. Sorry you didn't notice that. The Pats have 5 straight tough games.

Buffalo is a lay up game for the Jets but are one of the 5 straight tough games that the Pats have to play? huh?

So what if you're playing better later in the season. Houston and San Francisco won't be?

I dont recall saying that. I recall saying our new offense sucks and it would be nice to not have to play the 3 best D's in the league in the first 5 games.

I'd rather take my medicine early, and cruise to the playoffs on a soft bed of games in December. If you want to fight a bunch of wars before the Playoffs, be my guest.

Playing your best late is how the past 4 SB champs have won. I think its good to be tested late right before the playoffs. You're either good enough or you're not and carrying that momentum is critical.

I'll be ready after 3-4 weeks. Give me some cupcakes when my team is weary after 13-14 weeks into the season. I'll live to fight into January.....
BD

If we had a good team, with a consistent offense, I'd agree. But, we have a horrible offense, that is brand new and we are rolling out a rookie WR and a suspect OL. It would be nice to not have to face those D's early, IMO. Dont think it matters in the grand scheme of things because the schedule is soft after the buy...but thats just the way I see it.
Posted Image

#35 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

Playing Buffalo at home is easy. Going to Buffalo, not so much. Just ask Tom Lady.

If you want to put your season in the balance against Houston and San Fran in December, good with that.
I'd rather address that situation earlier than in December, when I'm fighting for a spot or a seed.

I think winning all my December games gives the team all the momentum you could ever need, no?
BD

Edited by BlackDynamite, 30 August 2012 - 02:40 PM.

#36 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,670 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:38 PM

Brand new should read as "brand new" when speaking about the offense.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#37 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,039 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:46 PM

Playing Buffalo at home is easy. Going to Buffalo, not so much. Just ask Tom Lady.

If you want to put your season in the balance against Houston and San Fran in December, good with that.
I'd rather address that situation earlier than in December, when I'm fighting for a spot or a seed.

I think winning all my December games gives the team all the momentum you could ever need, no?
BD

Dude, you are in extreme contradiction mode here brah.

Buffalo is tough road game, you want easy games in Dec, but the Jets finish with Buffalo on the road. You're claiming @ Tenn is a tough game for the Pats, well, the Jets play @ Tenn in Dec.

So technically, according to your logic, the Jets have a "tough" 3 game finish with @ Tenn, SD, @ Buffalo.

And as to the when you play tough teams early or late...I like them late. Its a matter of preference and one thats not worth arguing but getting hot at the end of the year against good teams, prepares you for the playoffs. Not beating up the dregs of the league. That IMO gives you false hope.

Edited by JiF, 30 August 2012 - 02:46 PM.

Posted Image

#38 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:09 PM

Tennesse is a tough enough game, but it's not going to Baltimore. The Jets can win that.

When has San Diego ever been tough for the Jets? When was the last time they won on the East Coast, much less against the Jets?

If Buffalo is 6-9 on the last day of the season, how tough are they gonna be? That game may have no meaning to the Bills or the Jets. The Jets could be locked into a seed. The Bills could be done for the season. You can't call that as touch a game as playing them in Buffalo at the start of the season.

I'd rather have false hope in the Playoffs, than watching them saying "We could beat them".....
BD

Edited by BlackDynamite, 30 August 2012 - 03:10 PM.

#39 FloridaJetsFan

FloridaJetsFan

Hail Caesar

• Members
  • 2,537 posts
  • LocationNavarre, FL

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:21 PM

I don't care what you homos say - I'm with the Brother!!!! If you ain't with us, you're against us!!! VIVA LA JETS!!!!!!

#40 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,039 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

Tennesse is a tough enough game, but it's not going to Baltimore. The Jets can win that.

When has San Diego ever been tough for the Jets? When was the last time they won on the East Coast, much less against the Jets?

If Buffalo is 6-9 on the last day of the season, how tough are they gonna be? That game may have no meaning to the Bills or the Jets. The Jets could be locked into a seed. The Bills could be done for the season. You can't call that as touch a game as playing them in Buffalo at the start of the season.

I'd rather have false hope in the Playoffs, than watching them saying "We could beat them".....
BD

Okay, whatever you say! Jets have an easier schedule than the Patriots.

lmfao
Posted Image

#41 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 17,773 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:29 PM

They also get to play Mark Sanchez twice.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#42 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:41 PM

He's only beaten them 3 times in 3 years.....
BD

#43 CobraVerde

CobraVerde

Taunting TGG Authority

• Members
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:48 AM

I have a question, Belli cuts any vet that loses a step before they get to bad. He would rather cut them one year early then one year too late. I wonder if Brady slips this year or next will Belli cut him, or hang on a year to late.

wow...just...wow...
Posted Image
http://www.soundcloud.com/pmcrw
http://www.friendsinsquareplaces.com

#44 gEYno

gEYno

2013-2014 & 2014-2015 JN Captain & VIP Member

• Members
  • 17,910 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:52 PM

This thread....

reset_buttonjpgscaled500_zps740f8923.jpg