•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Fair Stat Comparison

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 TTTTebowAndTheJets

TTTTebowAndTheJets

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:33 PM

So I've been lurking for awhile and have seen much of the debate on whether Tebow sucks or not. Let me start off my saying I'm a fan of Tim because I worked for the gators and knew him personally and wish him success. That being said, I do believe that at the current time Sanchez is the better QB and should be the unquestioned starter. I also believe that Tebow will contribute to the Jets success in his roll. I also believe that given the time Tebow can be a successful STARTING quarterback... Probably for some other team.

So I see a lot of stat comparisons and the most valid one is comparing Tebows first 16 starts with Sanchez's 16. But people throw out the validity of such a comparison because tebow wasn't starting day one his rookie year.... Valid point. Because of that I made the following comparison which is as much an apples to apples comparison as you can get and actually gives a huge benefit to mark.

I took the last 3 games tebow started his rookie season and compared that to Marks last 3 his rookie year. I also took the last 13 games Tebow played his second year and compared the to the last 13 starts of Sanchez's second year. Can't get more fair than that. Mark has the huge advantage here because he started 13 games before even looking at his stats, got an extra 5 games before looking at his second year, and had 2 offseasons as the unquestioned starter unlike Tebow.... Who had ZERO!

Here we go:

https://docs.google....bDRpRmtHZE5ad3c

Here are the final results:

Tebow:

181/388 for 2754 yards 17 TDs 9 Ints
Completion% 47 TD/INT Ratio 1.89 Yds/att 7.098

Sanchez:

290/527 for 3358 yards 13 TDs 17 Ints
Completion% 55 TD/INT Ratio 0.76 Yds/att 6.372

So for all those saying Tebow "can't throw". In 139 less attempts he only threw 604 less yards. He threw for 4 more TDs than Sanchez and 8 LESS Interceptions. Almost a full Yard per attempt higher. The only stat that Sanchez is the clear winner in is Completion %. And NON of this takes into account the 885 Rushing yards and 9 Rushing TDs of Tebow compared to the 113 yards and 3 TDs of Mark.

And keep in mind... I'm not trying to make the argument that Tebow is better than Sanchez right now... that is not the case. Sanchez is and should be the starter and Tebow will perform well in his roll. These stats are merely to point out how absolutely ridiculous the arguments against Tebow are... He's a Full Back who can't throw, He'll NEVER be an NFL QB, Tebow sucks, and my favorite, he just doesn't pass the eye test (whatever the hell that is).

#2 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,521 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:56 PM

So, in conclusion, they both suck.

I found this to be a very unique and enlightening comparison. Thanks for posting. Welcome to the board.
Posted Image

#3 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 24,741 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:09 PM

Suck vs Suck = Suck

#4 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:10 PM

breaking news our offense is bad and we are drafting a QB next year.

(good stats man not to many people look at those around here)

#5 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

JetNation Radio Has Been

• Members
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:37 PM

I have a new friend.
"Those eight weeks I spent as co-host of JetNation Radio were among the happiest of my life. Oh, and F Tom Shane."

#6 FloridaJetsFan

FloridaJetsFan

Hail Caesar

• Members
  • 2,566 posts
  • LocationNavarre, FL

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:04 PM

I like you kid! You're definitely going places! I hope you stick around and post more.

#7 TTTTebowAndTheJets

TTTTebowAndTheJets

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:10 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm surprised by the lack of love for Mark. I'm as big a Tebow guy as there is... trust me. But I think Sanchez is a good QB who is dealing with a lot. I think he has a lot of potential and has all the physical attributes. He just has to get his mind straight and I think bringing Tebow in has lit a fire under his ass. I think he'll surprise this year. He's looked very solid so far this preseason. Its not his fault the offense has sputtered, I pin that more on the O-line play and lack of playmakers to throw to (though I love Hill and think he'll only get better and better and will be the #1 guy by seasons end).

Tebow will also help Sanchez and the Offense as a whole. You guys lost much of your redzone threat with plax gone and though Holmes is a decent receiver, he's kind of small and isn't the best redzone target. Not only does Tebow bring back what you guys have been missing since Brad left, he also brings the tough short yardage and goal line threat. Who's going to stop Tebow on 4th and 1 from the 1.... NO ONE!

If there's any issue its not going to be Tebow or Sanchez, its going to be a lack of a solid #1 back, poor O-Line play (though getting rid of Hunter was a step in the right direction) and not enough talent and/or depth outside the numbers. Its going to be a very interesting year and though I'm a Raven fan, I'll be watching the Jets closely. Who knows... I may actually become a fan :tongue:

#8 artemusclyde

artemusclyde

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm surprised by the lack of love for Mark. I'm as big a Tebow guy as there is... trust me. But I think Sanchez is a good QB who is dealing with a lot. I think he has a lot of potential and has all the physical attributes. He just has to get his mind straight and I think bringing Tebow in has lit a fire under his ass. I think he'll surprise this year. He's looked very solid so far this preseason. Its not his fault the offense has sputtered, I pin that more on the O-line play and lack of playmakers to throw to (though I love Hill and think he'll only get better and better and will be the #1 guy by seasons end).

Tebow will also help Sanchez and the Offense as a whole. You guys lost much of your redzone threat with plax gone and though Holmes is a decent receiver, he's kind of small and isn't the best redzone target. Not only does Tebow bring back what you guys have been missing since Brad left, he also brings the tough short yardage and goal line threat. Who's going to stop Tebow on 4th and 1 from the 1.... NO ONE!

If there's any issue its not going to be Tebow or Sanchez, its going to be a lack of a solid #1 back, poor O-Line play (though getting rid of Hunter was a step in the right direction) and not enough talent and/or depth outside the numbers. Its going to be a very interesting year and though I'm a Raven fan, I'll be watching the Jets closely. Who knows... I may actually become a fan :tongue:

You lost me with the Sanchez is a good qb part.

Tom Brady can't pull tens like you do all day long.

#9 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

6 Years Is Enough. Time To Fire Rex

• Members
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:21 PM

Suck vs Suck = Suck

I thought minus and a minus equaled a positive lol.

NYJetsScript.gif

#10 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

• Members
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:29 PM

So I've been lurking for awhile and have seen much of the debate on whether Tebow sucks or not. Let me start off my saying I'm a fan of Tim because I worked for the gators and knew him personally and wish him success. That being said, I do believe that at the current time Sanchez is the better QB and should be the unquestioned starter. I also believe that Tebow will contribute to the Jets success in his roll. I also believe that given the time Tebow can be a successful STARTING quarterback... Probably for some other team.

So I see a lot of stat comparisons and the most valid one is comparing Tebows first 16 starts with Sanchez's 16. But people throw out the validity of such a comparison because tebow wasn't starting day one his rookie year.... Valid point. Because of that I made the following comparison which is as much an apples to apples comparison as you can get and actually gives a huge benefit to mark.

I took the last 3 games tebow started his rookie season and compared that to Marks last 3 his rookie year. I also took the last 13 games Tebow played his second year and compared the to the last 13 starts of Sanchez's second year. Can't get more fair than that. Mark has the huge advantage here because he started 13 games before even looking at his stats, got an extra 5 games before looking at his second year, and had 2 offseasons as the unquestioned starter unlike Tebow.... Who had ZERO!

Here we go:

https://docs.google....bDRpRmtHZE5ad3c

Here are the final results:

Tebow:

181/388 for 2754 yards 17 TDs 9 Ints
Completion% 47 TD/INT Ratio 1.89 Yds/att 7.098

Sanchez:

290/527 for 3358 yards 13 TDs 17 Ints
Completion% 55 TD/INT Ratio 0.76 Yds/att 6.372

So for all those saying Tebow "can't throw". In 139 less attempts he only threw 604 less yards. He threw for 4 more TDs than Sanchez and 8 LESS Interceptions. Almost a full Yard per attempt higher. The only stat that Sanchez is the clear winner in is Completion %. And NON of this takes into account the 885 Rushing yards and 9 Rushing TDs of Tebow compared to the 113 yards and 3 TDs of Mark.

And keep in mind... I'm not trying to make the argument that Tebow is better than Sanchez right now... that is not the case. Sanchez is and should be the starter and Tebow will perform well in his roll. These stats are merely to point out how absolutely ridiculous the arguments against Tebow are... He's a Full Back who can't throw, He'll NEVER be an NFL QB, Tebow sucks, and my favorite, he just doesn't pass the eye test (whatever the hell that is).

My point of view is that for every time someone creates an account and put up things like this as their first quote (which has happened many times since the trade) it only further convinces me that Tebow isnt as good as all these people with "Tebow" in their handle keep suggesting.

You know its bad when we get more Tebow justification than Sanchez bashing, and there's ALOT of Sanchez bashing around these parts. Im just amazed of how many accounts are being created just to simply put these rather well thought out situations together. My thing is, it has to be in such a controlled (well thought out) environment for it to even work. When you simply think of sanchez and tebow you think of sanchez as a QB and Tebow as everything else but a QB. Nothing is going to change that until he's graduates from the wildcat packages, throwing mechanic tune ups and learning how to throw from under center.

plain and simple.

Edited by Villain The Foe, 30 August 2012 - 10:31 PM.

NYJetsScript.gif

#11 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:39 PM

dude its gonna be like the old miami 40% of plays or more and wildcat

#12 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,851 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:43 PM

Dude, we've moved on. Its McElroys time

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#13 Jetsouth

Jetsouth

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:47 PM

Tebow sucks at designed run plays.

"I'm surprised by the lack of love for Mark." hang tight...

BTW, It is common knowledge that if you vote for the lesser of two sucks, you still get a suck.

#14 PatriotReign37

PatriotReign37

500 warning points and counting.

• Members
  • 10,181 posts
  • LocationThe road to Seacacus

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:48 PM

Tebow is going to win the Jets a Super Bowl.

Sanchez laughed because the Jets did not a TD when he was in there. That says everything.

#15 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

• Members
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:08 AM

Tebow is going to win the Jets a Super Bowl.

Sanchez laughed because the Jets did not a TD when he was in there. That says everything.

Im going to PM max to ban you.

NYJetsScript.gif

#16 PatriotReign37

PatriotReign37

• Members
  • 10,181 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:50 AM

Im going to PM max to ban you.

Sanchez is not a winner.

#17 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 24,741 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:27 AM

I thought minus and a minus equaled a positive lol.

GMC

#18 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,851 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:40 AM

GMC

4 life

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#19 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

• Members
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:41 PM

Brady hasnt been a winner since they turned off the cameras, which makes him a loser and a cheater.

I totally agree.

NYJetsScript.gif

#20 PatriotReign37

PatriotReign37

• Members
  • 10,181 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

I totally agree.

Sanchez had 2 sets of downs from the 12 after Newtons fumble and could not get in the EZ.

Then he laughs about it.

#21 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

• Members
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:32 AM

Sanchez had 2 sets of downs from the 12 after Newtons fumble and could not get in the EZ.

Then he laughs about it.

I found this preseason pretty funny as well. I agree with Sanchez on this one.

NYJetsScript.gif

#22 PatriotReign37

PatriotReign37

• Members
  • 10,181 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:02 AM

I found this preseason pretty funny as well. I agree with Sanchez on this one.

Youll soon be crying worse than now

#23 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

• Members
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:55 PM

I've talked to max and though he said not to bring it up to you, you're going to be banned or 15 minutes. We're going to wait for you to log off to begin the ban.

I got pull on this site. Keep talking trash!

NYJetsScript.gif

#24 Kleckineau

Kleckineau

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:59 PM

You are a like a bad joke. Everyone gets the joke except you. You troll here because your team cannot beat the other NY team when it counts and you dont have the spine to troll at a NYG website. Chickensh!t.
"20 years ago, we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please don’t let Kevin Bacon die.” Bill Murray

#25 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

JetNation Radio Has Been

• Members
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

I miss this guy.
"Those eight weeks I spent as co-host of JetNation Radio were among the happiest of my life. Oh, and F Tom Shane."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users