144 replies to this topic

#126 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,186 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

http://sports.yahoo....-151519405.html

A ND puffery piece? Nah. Say it isn't so.

No such things as cover-ups, witness threats and rape.

Couldn't happen
Originally Posted by Blackout™
LOL ignorance is bless.

#127 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 56,690 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

Much like PSU, ND has placed the welfare of their football team above common decency. But, ND is allowed to bury it and there is no outcry.

http://www.washingto...old-notre-dame/

No sure if this fits your criteria of definitive, or what you are looking for here, but hope it helps

Not sure how that makes them self righteous.

#128 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,186 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

Not sure how that makes them self righteous.

Putting self interests in front of morality would be self righteous in my book.
LOL ignorance is bless.

#129 Matt39

Matt39

damn you're smooth

• Members
  • 20,383 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

I hate the Yankees because they are a division rival. I've never said they aren't successful at all.

So Mets fans that hate the Yankees hate their success?

#130 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,105 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

So Mets fans that hate the Yankees hate their success?

Probably.

#131 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,105 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

A ND puffery piece? Nah. Say it isn't so.

No such things as cover-ups, witness threats and rape.

Couldn't happen

Cover up? Do some research! Come on. The incident was investigated and there was no basis for charges. There was no rape either. And again, this was widely reported when it happened and then once Notre Dame was thrust back into the spotlight, this issue was written about again, 2 years after the fact. If Notre Dame was 10-2 and playing in a non-BCS bowl, no one would have written about it again at all. Which is damning mroe of journalism than it is of Notre Dame.

#132 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,186 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

Cover up? Do some research! Come on. The incident was investigated and there was no basis for charges. There was no rape either. And again, this was widely reported when it happened and then once Notre Dame was thrust back into the spotlight, this issue was written about again, 2 years after the fact. If Notre Dame was 10-2 and playing in a non-BCS bowl, no one would have written about it again at all. Which is damning mroe of journalism than it is of Notre Dame.

How do you know there wasn't a rape? Players just sent the victim threatening text messages for the sheer joy of it, because nothing happened?
LOL ignorance is bless.

#133 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,105 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

How do you know there wasn't a rape? Players just sent the victim threatening text messages for the sheer joy of it, because nothing happened?

It was an assault. Rape is much more serious. From all of the actual statements gathered, there was consenual kissing and then she didn't like it when he went to second base. Again, do some reading of more than one article than just one piece written before a national championship game to thrust some no name writer into the limelight.

#134 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 56,690 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

Putting self interests in front of morality would be self righteous in my book.

Morality and self interests are both individual concepts which can be hard to define.

#135 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,186 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

It was an assault. Rape is much more serious. From all of the actual statements gathered, there was consenual kissing and then she didn't like it when he went to second base. Again, do some reading of more than one article than just one piece written before a national championship game to thrust some no name writer into the limelight.

Believe what you want to believe. Naivete in fandoms is common.
LOL ignorance is bless.

#136 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,186 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

Morality and self interests are both individual concepts which can be hard to define.

Of course they are hard to define, they are personal. Same as someone posting a blog on a fan site his or Courtney's opinions. . Doesn't make them wrong (or right), just because they have an opinion.

Slow day today? May I recommend Sodoku for you?
LOL ignorance is bless.

#137 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,105 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

Believe what you want to believe. Naivete in fandoms is common.

So you're saying you have nothing else to add because you hate Notre Dame and quoted one article without actually checking facts as to whether there was actual validity? Perfect.

#138 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,186 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

So you're saying you have nothing else to add because you hate Notre Dame and quoted one article without actually checking facts as to whether there was actual validity? Perfect.

There are many other articles that say the same thing. No sense in posting them, as you will stick your head in the sand, as the ND officials did.

Feel comfortable in that.
LOL ignorance is bless.

#139 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,105 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

There are many other articles that say the same thing. No sense in posting them, as you will stick your head in the sand, as the ND officials did.

Feel comfortable in that.

Articles are nice. Police reports and district attorney press releases are better. Nevermind the fact this girl had problems before she even went to Notre Dame. But, no. Let's base opinions on opinion articles that come out two years after the accusation while ND is in the midst of a championship run, ignoring this happens on college campuses everywhere. That doesn't make it any better, but it just shows you are just a hater, butt hurt because your school covered up actual atrocities for decades.

I don't have my head in the sand but yours is obviously squarely up your rectal cavity.

#140 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 56,690 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

Of course they are hard to define, they are personal. Same as someone posting a blog on a fan site his or Courtney's opinions. . Doesn't make them wrong (or right), just because they have an opinion.

Slow day today? May I recommend Sodoku for you?

You could certainly recommend Sodoku for me. What i did with that recommendation, were you to actually recommend it, would be a choice I would have to make at that time.

And yes on the opinions. Opinions can be wrong, if there is factual evidence to discredit them. But in most cases opinions are neither wrong nor are they right. Especially at the moment in which they are rendered. TIme usually proves them out either way, but that is the beauty of it. It takes time to see what happens.

#141 Blackout

Blackout

Circle Of Bosses

• Banned
  • 32,203 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

watched the game with my 87 year old grandfather (a ND fan since the late 30s)

boy was this tough....i actually ducked out in the 2nd half but he watched the whole slaughter. poor guy!
"i'll rock forever....or at least until the Jets win the Superbowl" - Chino XL (1995)

#142 Blackout

Blackout

Circle Of Bosses

• Banned
  • 32,203 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

Blackout no longer likes Notre Dame.

1-wrong

2-hows ur NBA team doing this year loser? ;)
"i'll rock forever....or at least until the Jets win the Superbowl" - Chino XL (1995)

#143 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,223 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

Blackout what's your take on this Teo mess? I want to know what our resident ND super fans thoughts are

Edited by SayNoToDMC, 20 January 2013 - 12:44 AM.

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#144 Blackout

Blackout

Circle Of Bosses

• Banned
  • 32,203 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

Blackout what's your take on this Teo mess? I want to know what our resident ND super fan's thoughts are

lol

if that link doesn't work then basically i say it's a sick story and Teo was probably involved in the hoax based on previous statements by him an his father about meeting the girl

he'll probably grow into a decent NFL player if a team actually wants a known liar sociopath on it's roster lol

#145 Thai Jet

Thai Jet

Climbing Chemical Dude

• Members
  • 31,253 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

lol

if that link doesn't work then basically i say it's a sick story and Teo was probably involved in the hoax based on previous statements by him an his father about meeting the girl

he'll probably grow into a decent NFL player if a team actually wants a known liar sociopath on it's roster lol

From what they're saying out here the Bills had him slated at the #8 spot in the 1st round. ( They must not have watched the Alabama game lol ) . This WILL cost him some $$ no doubt.
Summiting is optional - getting down is mandatory (Ed Viesturs) LA LAKERS - 16 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS
ALABAMA . 15 time NATIONAL CHAMPIONS . ROLL TIDE !!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users