The 2012 - 2013 JETS will be 13-3

ECURB

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not impossible, with the schedule we have a decent start to the season could see us rolling through the rest of it quite effectively. Ryan's teams have always been about momentum, so just like we could boom, the wheels could fall off as early as week one and sh*t could get ugly.

I don't think there will be an in between. I think we're either top 5 draft pick or playoffs.

Not impossible, with the schedule we have a decent start to the season could see us rolling through the rest of it quite effectively. Ryan's teams have always been about momentum, so just like we could boom, the wheels could fall off as early as week one and sh*t could get ugly.

I don't think there will be an in between. I think we're either top 5 draft pick or playoffs.

I'm ok with both of those scenarios. I will NOT be ok with another 8-8 season. No playoffs and a mid-round pick? No thanks.

Well 8-8 is looking like a very likely season for us.

I tend to disagree with that. Here's the way I see it:

Scenario 1: Our defense is absolutely beastly, the offense under Sparano & Sanchez "figures it out" just a little, and we go 10-6 / 11-5.

I have a feeling that, as the season progresses, before long we're going to be known for having the best young trio of pass-rushers in Coples, Wilkerson and Ellis. When we grab leads in games and are able to go after the QB, we could very well become unstoppable. For once, the pressure won't be on Revis and Cro and they'll be able to make more plays on the ball. If Landry stays healthy, he'll be in for a monster year as well. So all the offense needs to do is not f*** things up as badly as they did last year. Uhh......easy, right?

Remember, the AFC East isn't exactly frightening stuff this year. The Dolphins have practically given up on trying to be a winning team this year. Their coach might be Brad Childress 2.0, Tannehill inspires no one, and they just traded Vontae Davis for no real reason. They're an organization in shambles.

The Bills MIGHT be legit, but we've owned them lately and until they prove they can beat us (Week 1 for starters), I'm not buying them as a threat.

As for New England, its easy to just say "they're the Patriots, they're the top dog by default". And while that's a true statement, you have to remember that Brady is 35. QB's don't just keep playing at a peak level when they hit that age, even with tons of weapons at their disposal. They're going to win the division, I have no doubt about it, but I don't think they're sweeping us this year.

So if we can manage to pull off 4 or 5 AFC East victories, I'd say going somewhere between 5-5 and 7-3 in our other games is more than doable.

Scenario 2: The offense plays like an abortion, the defense is gassed all year long and we stumble to 5-11 / 6-10.

Our linebackers are old and slow, and if they have to stay on the field too long, it won't matter how good our young pass-rushers are, teams will simply gash us with the run and little screen passes. We saw Oakland KILL us with those last season. And over the long haul of a season, it can only get worse.

Not to mention, the minute we have a 3-game losing streak, there's a good chance Woody Johnson strongarms Rex into making a decision about Tebow. God help us in that situation.

A season like this would certainly cost Tannenbaum his job, and if it doesn't cost Rex is, it certainly puts him squarely on the hot seat. But at least it would mean the end of the Sanchez era and put the franchise back to the drawing board where it really needs to be. We're probably not going to win a championship without a few minor miracles until we change the way we operate on offense from the bottom up, beginning with scouting.

• 2 weeks later...

Remains the same... you could have easilly pegged week 2 as a loss regardless.

Agreed. At the end of the day, we're 2-1 and lead our division at 2-0. I'll take that.

I hope Cro is right...he really feels he's the #2 Corner in this league, and now that Reve is down, that makes him #1 doesn't it? Can never say that about Nnonedi. I love Cro "when" he's focused.

And Kyle may just reap the benefits of being tutored by Reve since waaaaay before minicamp, when we need it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived