Does Mike Francesca have a beef with the Jets?

SupportiveJetsFan

He's always trashing us....

Simple. His job is to get ratings. How do you get ratings? Be controversial. Why? Because Jets fans are so thin skinned they get their panties in a bunch anytime anyone says anything about their dear old Jets. They are looking for validation that their team doesnt suck and they dont get it because Francesca is a perfect puppet master. So they come here and seek validation about their opinions. And thats why we have so many Teblow sucks/Teblow is God. Sanchize sucks/Sanchize is ok threads.

If Jets fans would just wise up, stop listening to this buffoon, and stop worrying about whats said and only pay attention to what actually happens on the field they would be so much happier.... but they cant because they're bored in life, needing something to fill that empty hole in their soul, and they turn to listen to sports radio to get that hole filled... but the hole never gets filled because Puppet Master Francesca tweeks them good.

he is in it for ratings. he understands the fan base of each team. if you want the jets fans to stay tuned, you treat them like the little brother, and watch the phone lines light up

it's just business man

I haven't listened to him in 10 years

The Giants' PR departemnt kisses his ample ass. The Jets never have spare the time Parcells was GM/Coach. And as per a lot of reports they are no longer pals.

Don't usually listen to him, but happened to hear him Thursday. Basically the Jints screwing the pooch like that was no big deal. If the Jets had given as lackluster a defensive effort as that Francesa for business purposes would've made it out to be the end of the world.

Simple. His job is to get ratings. How do you get ratings? Be controversial. Why? Because Jets fans are so thin skinned they get their panties in a bunch anytime anyone says anything about their dear old Jets. They are looking for validation that their team doesnt suck and they dont get it because Francesca is a perfect puppet master. So they come here and seek validation about their opinions. And thats why we have so many Teblow sucks/Teblow is God. Sanchize sucks/Sanchize is ok threads.

If Jets fans would just wise up, stop listening to this buffoon, and stop worrying about whats said and only pay attention to what actually happens on the field they would be so much happier.... but they cant because they're bored in life, needing something to fill that empty hole in their soul, and they turn to listen to sports radio to get that hole filled... but the hole never gets filled because Puppet Master Francesca tweeks them good.

sad-face1.jpg

I think for the most part, he calls it like he sees it.

I think he is harder on the Jets and Mets than he is the Yankees and Giants.

The Jets have been acting like clowns for a few years now, and he has been calling them out on it.

Honestly, I dont disagree with anything he is saying about the Jets.

They kind of deserve this IMO.

If they win, they shut him and everyone up, if not, their actions set them up to get crushed by Mike and everyone else.

I think for the most part, he calls it like he sees it.

I think he is harder on the Jets and Mets than he is the Yankees and Giants.

The Jets have been acting like clowns for a few years now, and he has been calling them out on it.

Honestly, I dont disagree with anything he is saying about the Jets.

They kind of deserve this IMO.

If they win, they shut him and everyone up, if not, their actions set them up to get crushed by Mike and everyone else.

He had the same shtick when Rex brought a team with a rookie QB, who had started 12 college games, to the AFCC in his rookie season. I never listen to the guy, as I just don't think he's at all knowledgeable in football, but if we were to ever win a SB, he would still find some way to trash it ie. Yea, but they did it without class or would find some player saying something negative or doing something crazy and harp on that instead of talking about the win. He'd find Bart Scott saying F*ck you to the media or some losing team and he would have a legit 3 hour segment talking about how when the giants won they did it with class and this is why, even though the jets just won a sb, they will never be as equal to big blue etc. etc. I would bet my life on it.

I stopped listening to Francesca years ago. Guy's a blowhard Giants/Yankees fans who can't be bothered to say anything remotely good about the Jets or the Mets. He never offers any real insight and has inflated sense of self. Plus that sh*t he pulled with Revis last year made me hate him even more.

I prefer Kay and Lagreca on ESPN. They much more fair, they play off each other really well, they're a lot funnier, and they don't take themselves so god damned seriously.

why the frak do you people listen to him???? I dont get it! Why would you listen to what this blowhard has to say? Does he really say anything insightful or interesting or different than what you hear or read from everyone else?

Wise up. Turn that sh*t off and stop caring what this tub of goo has to say.

The New Kid on the Block (SupportiveJetsFan) posted a question: “Why he got beef? Whats the story? I just moved into the area...”

So, the vids were for his benefit. C’mon, lighten up.

ESPN Radio = Home of the Jets

Francesa is all about ratings, and he's still the ratings King. That said, Rex/Woody made the Jets the talk of the town the last 4 years. Twice they've figured out ways to take the spotlight fresh off of Giants superbowls. With that, ESPN has weekly interviews with the Jets, things the organization won't set up with Francesa. So while Francesa still owns the afternoon drive, ESPN is coming in hot with access to things WFAN doesn't have. And a lot of it is just the Jets willingness to do interviews with 1050 over WFAN.

Couple that with Francesa's career long schtick of saying things for ratings and you have a fiery-red, steaming Mike Francesa. As if Rex stole his lunch money.

I would much rather listen to ESPN radio than WFAN. but now with their switch to FM, I cant listen to them out here by PA. But FAN comes in loud and clear.

Truth be told though, I listen for pure entertainment. It doesn't bother me if he goes on one of his anti-Jets rants. Maybe I'm not a real fan.

The New Kid on the Block (SupportiveJetsFan) posted a question: “Why he got beef? Whats the story? I just moved into the area...”

So, the vids were for his benefit. C’mon, lighten up.

my response had nothing to do with the videos. it had to do with people constantly crying and moaning about this guy. Enough already. Stop listening if he annoys people so much. Its tiresome every week we have to read another thread about how Francesca hates us or Cimini is a retarded mongoloid. Understand what their motives are and move on.

Personally, I listen to ESPN-NY starting at 10AM because I can't take Mike & Mike. The good cop/bad cop is too obvious. I start out with The Herd, Lupica, StephenA & Ryan Ruocco then Mike Kaye & Don LaGrecca. It's going to be hard to listen to StephenA because he has this thing against Tebow. Michael Kaye is just a loud retard.

my response had nothing to do with the videos. it had to do with people constantly crying and moaning about this guy. Enough already. Stop listening if he annoys people so much. Its tiresome every week we have to read another thread about how Francesca hates us or Cimini is a retarded mongoloid. Understand what their motives are and move on.

And the videos had nothing to do with anything you're talking about here. Thought this board was free speech. If it's tiresome, don't read the threads.

And the videos had nothing to do with anything you're talking about here. Thought this board was free speech. If it's tiresome, don't read the threads.

I have no issues with your videos.

Free Speech? Hahaha. Thats funny. Its whatever Max allows us to post to his message board. And with free speech, it doesnt mean you cant be criticized for what you write. You can write what you want, and I can criticize. I can blab on, and you can rip me a new cornhole. THATS free speech. Im not infringing on anyone, just returning the bitching and moaning.

I have no issues with your videos.

Free Speech? Hahaha. Thats funny. Its whatever Max allows us to post to his message board. And with free speech, it doesnt mean you cant be criticized for what you write. You can write what you want, and I can criticize. I can blab on, and you can rip me a new cornhole. THATS free speech. Im not infringing on anyone, just returning the bitching and moaning.

Listen, I'm going to say this and be done with it. You have over 18,000 posts, so you've been around a long time and may see repetitive topics. If a fellow just joins and only has a few posts, obviously he hasn't seen all the posts you have. I myself haven't been here that long and I know I've seen them. It's okay for you to criticize for sure, but when it gets to the point of berating with profanity, that's kind of not cool. I got no problems bro. Peace.

Listen, I'm going to say this and be done with it. You have over 18,000 posts, so you've been around a long time and may see repetitive topics. If a fellow just joins and only has a few posts, obviously he hasn't seen all the posts you have. I myself haven't been here that long and I know I've seen them. It's okay for you to criticize for sure, but when it gets to the point of berating with profanity, that's kind of not cool. I got no problems bro. Peace.

Obviously. It's not like anybody has been banned and returned with a different name or seven.

Aaaaand back to Francessa.

The problem isn't so much how much he appears to dislike the Jets/Mets (he does) but that he's inconsistent in that he practically felates the Yankees/Giants by comparison, compounded by the fact that he'll deny that if anyone tries to call him on it. The only guy that could even call bullsh*t on him was Mad Dog and that ship has sailed.

The challenge of being a journalist/commentator in the sports business is that you either need to make an effort to be unbiased and credible, or be a personality and go for ratings. You can't do both.

Its every single freakin week! I dont expect anyone to read my posts (most are just smiley faces anyway)

But i explained in my first post in this thread what Francesca is all about. There was no profanity. Look, here it is for your enjoyment

That seems like a pretty good explanation to me to someone who is new around here.

I didnt berate. I asked why the **** do people still listen to him... then you came after me Bro. I told you I had no issues with your videos, just why people continue to listen to that fat ****.

Archived