Packers vs. Bears tonight Who do you like

faba

Bears have been incredibly overhyped, particularly the "new look" offense. Horrible line, still. Cutler will either make mistakes under pressure or get hurt. Forte will have to carry them.

Love the defense in this game though. Awesome.

I certainly fell or the hype myself. I thought Marshall, Forte, Cutler and Bush was gonna be a tough matchup for the pack. But wow is this line horrible. Its amazing. Cutler is a loudmouth anus, but I actually feel bad for him right about now. Its like he has 5 Wayne Hunter's blocking for him.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Giants and Patriots were 2 of the worst defensive teams in the league last year.

yes thats true but they got hot down the stretch and throughout the playoffs. Its weird the way that sh*t happens but it does from time to time.

Man did the Bears play like total sh*t last night on offense or what ? WTF was Mike Tice doing ? It was like shades of Shotty/Sanchez of last year. Yeah Jay we know your getting killed out there but sorry we dont make adjustments. I felt the Bears needed to run the ball early and often to win this game and they came out throwing like Idiots and didnt protect the QB. Sure Forte got hurt but they still had Bush. Regardless of the protection Cutler absolutely stunk

derp derp the only position that matters is qb durf derp

2 years ago the Bears were having pretty much the exact same O-line issues early on in the season and reached the NFC Title game anyways. This happened in Week 4 of that season:

Coming off their Monday night home win over the Packers, the Bears flew to New Meadowlands Stadium for a Week 4 Sunday night duel with the New York Giants. Chicago would trail early in the first quarter as Giants kicker Lawrence Tynes got a 22-yard field goal. Both teams went scoreless in the second quarter, but pressure on Bears quarterback Jay Cutler was mounting. By the half's end, Cutler had already been sacked nine times.

Sound familiar? Bears in a Primetime game on the road with Cutler running for his life? Yup.

My guess is the Bears get the ship righted one way or the other.

2 years ago the Bears were having pretty much the exact same O-line issues early on in the season and reached the NFC Title game anyways. This happened in Week 4 of that season:

Coming off their Monday night home win over the Packers, the Bears flew to New Meadowlands Stadium for a Week 4 Sunday night duel with the New York Giants. Chicago would trail early in the first quarter as Giants kicker Lawrence Tynes got a 22-yard field goal. Both teams went scoreless in the second quarter, but pressure on Bears quarterback Jay Cutler was mounting. By the half's end, Cutler had already been sacked nine times.

Sound familiar? Bears in a Primetime game on the road with Cutler running for his life? Yup.

My guess is the Bears get the ship righted one way or the other.

My guess is both teams that played last night arent that good.

My guess is both teams that played last night arent that good.

Too early to tell. Though I did see flashes of the same opportunistic Packer defense from their Super Bowl season. It must be nice for their fan base to see Rodgers play a less than stellar game and still win.

The Bears came out of it looking badly but they're a 2nd half team. Forte's status will go a long way towards determining if they can take their lumps early on and still be a playoff contender.

Rodgers has looked like ass....that team looks like it doesn't practice. I know Rodgers laughed at Brees working out in the offseason....but maybe its time for them to start doing the same. The Packers are the sorriest bunch of we've beat ourselves a$$holes in the sport.

Rodgers has been garbage.

Too early to tell. Though I did see flashes of the same opportunistic Packer defense from their Super Bowl season. It must be nice for their fan base to see Rodgers play a less than stellar game and still win.

The Bears came out of it looking badly but they're a 2nd half team. Forte's status will go a long way towards determining if they can take their lumps early on and still be a playoff contender.

Bush is plenty solid. They won't disappear because of Matt Forte.

yes thats true but they got hot down the stretch and throughout the playoffs. Its weird the way that sh*t happens but it does from time to time.

Man did the Bears play like total sh*t last night on offense or what ? WTF was Mike Tice doing ? It was like shades of Shotty/Sanchez of last year. Yeah Jay we know your getting killed out there but sorry we dont make adjustments. I felt the Bears needed to run the ball early and often to win this game and they came out throwing like Idiots and didnt protect the QB. Sure Forte got hurt but they still had Bush. Regardless of the protection Cutler absolutely stunk

Couldnt figure it out. Forte and Bush seemed to be having their way not only rushing the ball but catching it out of the backfield. It was almost like they were trying to force the ball to Marshall. You'd think with all the pressure they were getting, they'd run a screen or a draw or something...but nope, they kept dropping him back, empty backfield sets, over and over again looking for the deep ball.

Definitely was some Schotty type sh*t going on out there.

Truth. The better QB won pretty easily last night.

Yeah, Packers suck. Those 15-1 teams for a year ago get back really quick.

Packers won because of their defense last night

Rodgers has looked awful recently. Team isnt very good. Their best player on offense yesterday was Cedric Benson.

Rodgers has looked awful recently. Team isnt very good. Their best player on offense yesterday was Cedric Benson.

I think the fact that the Packers won despite Rodgers playing awful shows they're a really good team, no? Not to mention, Benson playing well is a good sign. Defense and running game were their 2 biggest concerns going into this season, and both came through nicely last night.

The Packers won because of their defense but the team isnt very good? Meanwhile, they have the reigning MVP best QB in the league and as many if not more weapons than any team in the NFL and they were missing their best WR last night but still won with Rodgers completing nearly 70% of his passes but the Packers suck and Rodgers looks "awful".

Okay...

The Packers won because of their defense but the team isnt very good? Meanwhile, they have the reigning MVP best QB in the league and as many if not more weapons than any team in the NFL and they were missing their best WR last night but still won with Rodgers completing nearly 70% of his passes but the Packers suck and Rodgers looks "awful".

Okay...

did you even watch the game?

I've come to the conclusion that you either talk about football without watching it, or watch it and don't understand a thing that you are seeing.

Rodgers INT came as a result of James Jones breaking off a route. James Jones, Jordy Nelson and Jermichael Finley all had significant drops last night. Jones misplayed a sure TD.

Rodgers is putting the ball where it needs to be. His WRs are not playing at the same level as him, which will negatively impact his stats.

Clearly you're just going to ignore the fact that the Bears have ALWAYS had o-line problems. Clearly.

Im not ignoring anything. The Bears just arent very good.

How do you feel the Packers protection was last night? Are you going to kill Rodgers for holding the ball forever like you do with Sanchez?

I've come to the conclusion that you either talk about football without watching it, or watch it and don't understand a thing that you are seeing.

Rodgers INT came as a result of James Jones breaking off a route. James Jones, Jordy Nelson and Jermichael Finley all had significant drops last night. Jones misplayed a sure TD.

Rodgers is putting the ball where it needs to be. His WRs are not playing at the same level as him, which will negatively impact his stats.

The Jones play in the endzone wasnt a great throw. He overthrew Nelson down the sideline. Finley is awful I agree with you.

But Rodgers standing in the pocket eating a sandwich isn't going to work. He hasnt thrown the ball well at all. Their one TD came off of a turnover in Bears territory.

This game ruined SO many peoples week 2 fantasy outcomes. LOL

Screwed me royally.

did you even watch the game?

Yes. Every snap in fact. And his WR's left a ton on the field.

Dont take this the wrong way, but I find that you're kind of a knee jerk emotional poster who often says things that are on your mind without giving it a lot of thought, sometimes I'm not sure if you're just trolling. Jumping to the conclusion that both teams suck because they had a hard fought divisional game is an example of this behavior. Both teams are very familiar with each other. Divisional games often throw conventional wisdom out the window.

I dont think because Rodgers isnt putting up gaudy numbers like he's done in the past here in week 2 that he's all of a sudden some horrible QB. He's still the best in the league IMO.

Does Drew Brees now suck because he got beat at home by a rookie only completing 45% of his passes with 2 INT's?

I've never said Rodgers sucked. The Packers annoy me....like I said they're the sorriest bunch of we've beat ourselves whiners in the league. That teams whines like the Heat whined.

They were on fire last year, played a soft schedule and then take 3 weeks off and get the sh*t kicked out of them by a more physical football team. Fast forward to week one this year and the same thing happens and then they start crying again.

Their offense has been out of whack...and Rodgers hasnt been playing well imo.

How do you feel the Packers protection was last night? Are you going to kill Rodgers for holding the ball forever like you do with Sanchez?

Rodgers has earned his "street credit". A Super Bowl, an MVP and a 15-1 season are all under his belt, good defense or not. Sanchez hasn't had so much as a 60 % completion pct. for a season and has been coddled with a top defense his entire career. Give a top QB Rex's defense and they'd all have multiple rings.

I thought Green Bay's protection was good. Only Cutler and Roethlisberger have taken more sacks than Rodgers since he took over the reigns, which tells me more about GB's passing philosophy (vertical) than anything else.

I've never said Rodgers sucked. The Packers annoy me....like I said they're the sorriest bunch of we've beat ourselves whiners in the league. That teams whines like the Heat whined.

They were on fire last year, played a soft schedule and then take 3 weeks off and get the sh*t kicked out of them by a more physical football team. Fast forward to week one this year and the same thing happens and then they start crying again.

Their offense has been out of whack...and Rodgers hasnt been playing well imo.

The Pack Definetely felt the loss of Jennings and its amazing how they all of a sudden decide to play defense. That does not mean Im calling them a good defense it could just mean the Bears OL is that bad and I think thats the case.

I think once the Packers figure out how to balance the running game with the passing game it will help both the offense and defense and most of all Rodgers. You just cant have Rodgers throwing the ball as much as he did last year and totally ignore the running game. Because when you play teams like the Giants you better be able to run the ball or they will put a hurt on your QB as will the 49er's. Also sometimes in the playoffs you can run into really bad weather conditions wind rain that will hurt your passing game as well. I think its a huge gamble to just ignore running the football.

Archived