I just can't get into college football.

Jetsfan80

Believe me, I've tried. Every year I get excited about football, and every year I say I'm going to make a concerted effort to get into it. And ever Saturday I put on ESPN goalline looking forward to commercial free awesomeness. And every week I fall asleep.

Maybe its because I don't have a dog in the fight (UNCW doesn't have a football team, closest thing I have to a "team" is Rutgers) and that I hate all the teams in my region (ACC teams in particular). But I can't even get excited about big SEC games with the cream of the crop talent out there.

And its not like I dislike college sports. I'm a college basketball junkie (I watch NCAA basketball way more than NBA) and even watch college baseball. It's weird.

I watch it every night that it is on but on Saturday nights I never make it to the end of the featured ABC game. Last week I fell asleep during USC STANFORD and I'm kicking myself about it.

But I have the same problem you do in that my college doesn't have a team. So Rutgers is my main team since I go to a lot of games and USC is my number 2 cause my dad grew up out there.

Believe me, I've tried. Every year I get excited about football, and every year I say I'm going to make a concerted effort to get into it. And ever Saturday I put on ESPN goalline looking forward to commercial free awesomeness. And every week I fall asleep.

Maybe its because I don't have a dog in the fight (UNCW doesn't have a football team, closest thing I have to a "team" is Rutgers) and that I hate all the teams in my region (ACC teams in particular). But I can't even get excited about big SEC games with the cream of the crop talent out there.

And its not like I dislike college sports. I'm a college basketball junkie (I watch NCAA basketball way more than NBA) and even watch college baseball. It's weird.

I'd imagine not having any skin the game would be one reason but not being able to watch or get excited about like a Bama/LSU throw down is definitely weird. You're basically watching the future of the NFL.

NFL is king. But college Football is awesome. The passion, the game day experience, the stock that is involved in every game, the fans, the upsets and drama...all those things I like better than the NFL but its just not the same product.

My suggestion would be to pick one team and just follow them for the year. See what happens. Its overwhelming to just commit to watching college Football because there are so many sh*tty games. Its not like the NFL where every week is competitive and you can tune into every game, know the players and see an exciting game. Just focusing on one team and that will get you familiar with certain players, their schedule, the rivalries and I bet the next thing you know, you'll start watching more of it.

What team to watch, I dont konw...there's this really cool one that wears Orange and Blue and plays in this stadium called "The Swamp" - but they're not for everyone.

My suggestion would be to pick one team and just follow them for the year. See what happens. Its overwhelming to just commit to watching college Football because there are so many sh*tty games. Its not like the NFL where every week is competitive and you can tune into every game, know the players and see an exciting game. Just focusing on one team and that will get you familiar with certain players, their schedule, the rivalries and I bet the next thing you know, you'll start watching more of it.

Tried that last year. I have a friend who went to Michigan State and tried to hop on board. Didn't take.

I definitely appreciate what college football means to a lot of people, and its on my bucket list to experience an SEC game in person to be part of that type of environment. But watching college football on TV week in and week out? Can't do it. Always been an NFL guy and always will be.

Tried that last year. I have a friend who went to Michigan State and tried to hop on board. Didn't take.

I definitely appreciate what college football means to a lot of people, and its on my bucket list to experience an SEC game in person to be part of that type of environment. But watching college football on TV week in and week out? Can't do it. Always been an NFL guy and always will be.

Michigan State was your first mistake but its kind of funny because they had an exciting season.

I'm a Football fan in general, if its on I'm watching it but the college game is incredible. I highly suggest you go to an SEC game. You have a bunch not toofar from you, Tenn., Vandy, USC, GA. Its like nothing else.

Follow an SEC team . Picking a team in the Big 10 is as boring as it gets.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived