Revis cleared for contact

Joe Jets fan

Darrelle Revis (concussion) has been cleared for contact.

Revis will put in a full practice Thursday and is fully expected to return for Sunday's game against the Dolphins. It's horrible news for Brian Hartline, Davone Bess and Ryan Tannehill. Kyle Wilson will slide back into his customary slot corner role. The entire Dolphins passing game is "hands off" this week.

Indeed.

Good news there. Still wouldn't risk him against Miami if there's any concern at all though.

Definitely agree with this. It's great to hear about Revis regardless, but this is not the game to push your luck in as, truth be told, there's no excuse for not being able to handle this game, regardless of whether Revis plays.

That said, if there's no concerns, might as well let him use Miami as a warm-up for the upcoming real games. :tongue:

I don't think there is any concern. The whole purpose of these tests is to check for conditions that nobody paid any attention to for decades. Sure, he there might be some minor chance that reinjury is more likely, but as recently as two years ago he probably plays against the Steelers. Otherwise you can sit around and say "why not sit him?" against plenty of crappy teams.

I don't think there is any concern. The whole purpose of these tests is to check for conditions that nobody paid any attention to for decades. Sure, he there might be some minor chance that reinjury is more likely, but as recently as two years ago he probably plays against the Steelers. Otherwise you can sit around and say "why not sit him?" against plenty of crappy teams.

That's it. It's tempting to just say sit him, as if we know for a fact that doing so will improve his condition. But that is not a guarantee. Trust the medical staff and coaches to make the right decision here, they will.

WHEW...we cannot afford to blow this game. We have a tough stretch coming up...49ers, Texans....so we need this game. Revis' worth was clearly shown in the passes and scheme that the Jets could run without him there. Revis is key.

I made a thread saying this and a certain mod who hates on me constantly locked it up

New York Jets corner back has been cleared for contact and practiced with the team on Thursday.  This is great news for the Jets but terrible news for the Miami Dolphins trio of Ryan Tannehill, Brian Hartline and Davone Bess.

Revis talked to the media on Thursday and added:

On how confident he is he will play…
I’m playing.

On if he passed the concussion tests this morning…
Yeah, the doctors cleared me, so I’ll be playing Sunday.

On if he has to take more tests…
No, I got cleared, so I’ll be playing.

On if he was told to take it easy…
No, I can bang my head on the wall if I want to. (laughter)

On how he felt during practice…
I felt rusty after the practice, (with) full-contact. There’s still protocol we have to follow. I couldn’t engage anybody yesterday. They couldn’t touch me as well. Usually, if you’re injured, you have to wear the red jersey and I told them I didn’t want to wear it. I felt like I could play full-contact Wednesday. Today, it felt good. I actually got a couple jams in on press. I got physical with some guys, so it was good. It was good today. I felt good. Contact actually felt good today, hitting guys, and guys were able to hit back.

You can read more about Darrelle Revis in our

Archived