Revis out for the year- torn ACL [Merged 3X]

Matt39

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should position the Jets well for next year's draft.

Jet fans should be hoping for 2 things, first, that Revis returns to form and, second, that they end up having a good year so it lowers Revis' contract demands for the extension.

The Jets lost Jenkins early in 2009 and everyone thought the defense would fall apart. Remember, back then he was considered the best defender on the team.

Other defenders have to step up and Rex has to coach his butt off, but it can be done.

The Jets lost Jenkins early in 2009 and everyone thought the defense would fall apart. Remember, back then he was considered the best defender on the team.

Other defenders have to step up and Rex has to coach his butt off, but it can be done.

Its about time some of these high picks on the dline start getting some pressure on the qb

Jet fans should be hoping for 2 things, first, that Revis returns to form and, second, that they end up having a good year so it lowers Revis' contract demands for the extension.

I was chuckling to myself in the speculation thread about how maybe this injury might lower his contract demands.

The defense just shifted from very good to average. I feel really bad for the people who already thought the defense sucked.

It certainly sucks and not what you want to hear at all, but it's not completely cut and dry. This is going to change the Jets defensive approach and game plans, and hopefully that gives some other guys an opportunity to step up and help fill-in for that loss. It's not like the Jets are suddenly going to start throwing Wilson in single coverage against opposing teams best WRs and keeping everything else the same. They're obviously much better off with Revis, but hopefully the impact doesn't end up being as dramatic as it could be.

Of course, this is only one more reason that the offense (i.e., Sanchez) needs to get their sh*t together ASAP.

I was chuckling to myself in the speculation thread about how maybe this injury might lower his contract demands.

The defense just shifted from very good to average. I feel really bad for the people who already thought the defense sucked.

Yeah, the D, even with Revis this year was top 15 good rather than Rex insisting they're top 5 good. Without Revis they're still in mid teens.

Archived