Revis out for the year- torn ACL [Merged 3X]

Matt39

On the bright side, Jamal Charles and AP look pretty good. Welker had a pretty similar injury and came back the same. Revis is still a young guy and is the type to rehab obsessively, so I'm holding out hope that he can bounce back.

I hope so too.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even Klacko acknowledged that the team deserved to lose that game...

You're approaching the LETSGOJETS level of QB apologist.

The Fasano "catch" was absurd. That negates the mullets 2 missed FG's.

That aside, I'm more pleased with the win than I'm upset that Mark didn't look like a dreamboat QB.

p.s. I'll have to insist you never compare me with LGJ again.

and yet you've never seen a more prosperous run of Jet football in your lifetime and here they sit atop the AFC East. I can understand the frustration but the constant barrage by you and your ilk feels manufactured. Only I don't know what it is yall think you're trying to prove. That Marks not the bestest? Yah.. thanks for the heads up.

It makes me sad thinking it could be even more though, Pac. The ultimate goal is a championship, not deep playoff runs. They've been great, but I want that ring, and Sanchez has pretty clearly shown he's not the guy for the job.

Not surprised. Knew it the second it happened.

Well the good thing is, the Jets D sucked with Revis so I dont see how they can suck much worse without him. And teams have been winning SB's with much less at CB over the years. Plus, most teams dont have a second #1 CB like the Jets do with Cro. Also, the Jets really dont play a single dominate passing team other than the Patriots all season long, so thats like cool and stuff.

Its all on Sanchez now. He's got to be the best player on the team for the Jets to win. God help us all.

The Fasano "catch" was absurd. That negates the mullets 2 missed FG's.

This had no bearing on Sanchez's performance in the game.

That aside, I'm more pleased with the win than I'm upset that Mark didn't look like a dreamboat QB.

I'm not looking for "dreamboat" (your word, not mine)... With a healthy Revis, I'd settle for competent with glimpses of above-average. Now, he's going to need to be consistently above-average with glimpses of good if the Jets hope to win games going forward. I don't have any delusions of Sanchez doing anything to "prove that he's the best player on the team" like your esse, SMC. In fact, I highly doubt he'll even be above-average enough to produce enough offense to matter.

p.s. I'll have to insist you never compare me with LGJ again.

Your insistence is noted and duly ignored.

I think I know how this book ends already....

LOL.

I guess I'm thinking...hate to lose Revis even for a game...but now we learn the following:

1. Can Rex develop an offense to take some pressure off the defense...he's forced to emphasize complementary football. Can Rex the HC oversee and crisper offensive attack? If Rex takes the offense more into a shell I'm of the belief his shtick won't last long here.

2. Will Sanchez take a leap forward in the leadership department? Without a dominant defense Sanchez has to lead...can he get over his woe is me attitude (first half of yesterday's game) and compete on a high level? The fourth quarter showed a glimpse but still I'm pissed form his lackadaisical attitude to the first three quarters. He needs to nut up or shut up and realize he's being judged on the ability to deliver. With or without Revis, a dominant defense, play maker at RB or even decent WRs...Sanchez moves us forward or we take a giant step back.

Both story lines determine the future of Rex Ryan's New York Jets team. Those are the stakes as I see it. Either way the 2012 season shapes up as entertaining.

LOL.

I guess I'm thinking...hate to lose Revis even for a game...but now we learn the following:

1. Can Rex develop an offense to take some pressure off the defense...he's forced to emphasize complementary football. Can Rex the HC oversee and crisper offensive attack? If Rex takes the offense more into a shell I'm of the belief his shtick won't last long here.

2. Will Sanchez take a leap forward in the leadership department? Without a dominant defense Sanchez has to lead...can he get over his woe is me attitude (first half of yesterday's game) and compete on a high level? The fourth quarter showed a glimpse but still I'm pissed form his lackadaisical attitude to the first three quarters. He needs to nut up or shut up and realize he's being judged on the ability to deliver. With or without Revis, a dominant defense, play maker at RB or even decent WRs...Sanchez moves us forward or we take a giant step back.

Both story lines determine the future of Rex Ryan's New York Jets team. Those are the stakes as I see it. Either way the 2012 season shapes up as entertaining.

3. Tim Tebow.

It makes me sad thinking it could be even more though, Pac. The ultimate goal is a championship, not deep playoff runs. They've been great, but I want that ring, and Sanchez has pretty clearly shown he's not the guy for the job.

It's like you have a post restriction forcing you to put a negative comment about Sanchez in every post. LOL

LOL. That's part of my wife's job. Seriously, she's a therapist for kids who are seriously messed up in the head.

Totally off topic, but good for her. It takes a special kind of person to work with kids who are having issues or someone who works with handicapped people.

This sucks for us fans. For real. The best player we've had on this team since, well, like ever, and we have to go a whole season without watching his greatness. However, sometimes as fans we have to step back and look at this from Revis' perspective - he's going to be a regular at the Bounce and he can drink all the Patron and Pineapple juice his little heart desires while watching Sunday Football.

Winning!!!!

3. Tim Tebow.

Non-factor IMO. Looks like they brought him in as decoy and/or distraction.

Starting to lean towards Boomer's view.

Should have signed Orton.

But hey...looks good without a shirt on. What was it Peter King said this morning? Anyone else find that comment sexist?

Job performance metrics must not be used in the lawn mowing industry.

What's funny is if you conducted one of your in depth nerdy studies you'd find that I waste entirely way too much time on the internet every day. You'd have charts and graphs and tell me how much more productive I can be if I spent that time on work.

I would counter by saying I'm #2 on my team this year.

Bottom line.. results matter more than how you get them.

What's funny is if you conducted one of your in depth nerdy studies you'd find that I waste entirely way too much time on the internet every day. You'd have charts and graphs and tell me how much more productive I can be if I spent that time on work.

I would counter by saying I'm #2 on my team this year.

Bottom line.. results matter more than how you get them.

But I'm sure you're on-time, thorough and have earned that.

If you were consistently late, never finished projects and sulked about it, well....

Archived