David Ball signed today

R44

I assume he was signed to the Jets active roster, because he was on the Chargers P-squad.

I'm not suprised a team signed Ball -- I absolutely expected this to happen.....

Was a GREAT college DE, even had something like 4 sacks against Kalif Barnes of the University of Washington in one game as a senior (Barnes was a 2nd round pick and starting for Jax).....had like 16 sacks as a senior?

Ball also led the entire NFL in sacks during the 2004 pre-season as a rookie.

Here's the bad news: Reason he's out on the street to begin with, is he's dealt with like a million injuries.....Plus he's sort of a standard 4-3 DE, while Chargers use the 3-4.....plus Marty S. is a fool :lol:

All in all, Jets have to be happy with this. Because if he's healthy -- a huge "IF", he's the type of player that can really help.

I'm always thrilled when the Jets sign some practice squad player that I've actually heard of. Didn't Ball have a brother that played with him in college?

Troll I am pretty sure you are right about him having a brother on the UCLA team- will let R44 or someone else confirm that though

That was a vastly unsung, but very talented UCLA D-Line when Ball played....

3 are in the NFL right now as backups (Ball-Jets; Ryan Boschetti-Redskins; Rodney Leslie - New Orleans)....

The 4th starter was DE Matt Ball, Dave's twin brother and best friend.....Matt Ball signed as a free agent with Jax, but never made the team.

Archived