Season Saved! Thomas and Turner resigned - MERGED

Ryno the Jet

don't underestimate the power of a guy who can actually catch the ball. a couple of catches yesterday in the redzone and it's a different game and we don't all feel so damn terrible about barely beating the fish in OT.

Rex thinks Hill will come around:

Kimberley A. Martin@KMart_LI

Rex said on ESPN 98.7 that he's confident Stephen Hill will catch more passes than he drops #nyj

What a relief! More catches than drops is the new litmus test for Jets WRs.

The carousel with the Jets roster continues, this time Bryan Thomas and Patrick Turner have been signed once again.  WR Stephen Hill has a pulled hamstring so bringing Turner back makes a lot of sense.  Especially when you factor in how the Jets offense struggled yesterday. Here is the official announcement from the Jets, along with some additional roster moves:

The New York Jets have signed
LB Bryan Thomas
and
WR Patrick Turner
and waived
DT Marcus Dixon
DB Donnie Fletcher
and
T Dennis Landolt
The announcements were made by General Manager Mike Tannenbaum.

Thomas (LB/6-4/265/Alabama-Birmingham/Birmingham, AL)

originally joined the Jets as a first-round pick in the 2002 NFL Draft. In his career, he has started 94-of-146 games, registering 439 tackles, 31 sacks, seven forced fumbles and six fumble recoveries. He has appeared in 11 playoff games (nine starts), ranking second in franchise history. Thomas was released by the Jets (09/22/12).

Turner (WR/6-5/220/Southern California/Nashville, TN)

entered the NFL as a third-round selection by the Miami Dolphins in 2009. He was claimed by the Jets (09/05/10) after being waived by Miami (09/04/10). In two seasons with New York, Turner has played in 20 games and caught 10 passes for 122 yards and one touchdown. He was waived by the Jets (09/11/12).

Dixon (DT/6-4/295/Hampton/Rome, GA)

entered the league as an undrafted free agent with Dallas (05/02/08).  He joined the Jets after being claimed off waivers from the Cowboys (09/05/10).  In two seasons with the Jets, he played in 19 games, making four starts and collecting 18 tackles, 2.5 sacks, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery.  He was waived by the Jets (09/01/12), before re-signing as a free agent (09/04/12).

Fletcher (CB/6-1/195/Boston College/Cleveland, OH)

signed with the Jets as an undrafted free agent (05/04/12). He was signed to the Jets practice squad (09/01/12) after he was waived by the Jets following training camp (08/31/12). Fletcher joined the active roster (09/22/12) prior to the Week Three game at MIA.

Landolt (T/6-4/306/Penn State/Burlington, NJ)

entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent with the New York Giants (04/20/10). In his career, he spent time on the practice squads for the Giants, 49ers, Jets and Saints. Landolt initially joined the Jets as a member of their practice squad (01/12/11) before being waived by the Jets (09/3/11). He was inactive for the first three games of the season.

sign 2, waive 3

"tryout tuesday" will hopefully bring in a veteran corner

Even stranger, sign 2, waive 3 and Revis should be headed to the IR.

I don't understand this. Bringing Thomas back is a no brainer if he is ready to go this week. Dixon gets plenty of run, I guess they didn't plan to use him. Maybe with Devito and Pouha no longer limited by injuries they don't feel he is necessary. They brought in Fletcher and now cut him AFTER Revis goes down? Odd. I can't figure out why they carried Landolt so long anyway. Guy was a fringe player with a blown out knee. Couldn't they IR him? I don't comprehend. Carrying these injured players is the one thing I don't like about the accountant. Unlike the rest of you.

Archived