Jordan White Released

Maxman

This draft just gets better and better for Tanny.

Jets Sign CB Darrin Walls to Practice Squad;

Release WR Jordan White from Practice Squad

September 28, 2012 - The New York Jets have signed CB Darrin Walls to the practice squad and released WR Jordan White from the practice squad. The announcements were made by General Manager Mike Tannenbaum.

Walls (CB/6-0/190/Notre Dame/Pittsburgh, PA) entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent with Atlanta (07/27/11) and recorded one interception and two passes defensed in five games as a rookie. He was waived by the Falcons during the preseason (08/27/12).

White (WR/6-0/215/Western Michigan/Cleveland, OH) was a seventh-round selection of the Jets in the 2012 NFL Draft. He signed to the team’s practice squad (09/02/12) after being waived following training camp (08/27/12).

The news for the NY Jets draft department keeps getting worse, today the Jets released 7th round draft pick Jordan White.  White was on the practice squad, after being released right before the season started.  The Jets are using his practice squad spot for CB Darrin Walls.

Here is some additional information:

September 28, 2012

– The New York Jets have signed
CB Darrin Walls
to the practice squad and released
WR Jordan White
from the practice squad. The announcements were made by General Manager Mike Tannenbaum.

Walls (CB/6-0/190/Notre Dame/Pittsburgh, PA)

entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent with Atlanta (07/27/11) and recorded one interception and two passes defensed in five games as a rookie. He was waived by the Falcons during the preseason (08/27/12).

White (WR/6-0/215/Western Michigan/Cleveland, OH)

was a seventh-round selection of the Jets in the 2012 NFL Draft. He signed to the team’s practice squad (09/02/12) after being waived following training camp (08/27/12).

Be sure to visit our for additional news and notes.

They must not have thought much of White at all. Last week I definitely saw Clyde Gates getting playing time.....I didn't even know he was on the team - Clyde freaking Gates.

This

I thought White had a chance when they drated him. Gates had a hand in one of the picks. White must have really been stinking it up in practice

Any way you slice it, this has not been a very good draft for T-Rex

Coples is just now getting on the field.....

BD

You really can't grade a draft before 3 years. What if Coples and Hill both make the pro bowl next year for example? Tebow starts getting used correctly and starts scoring TD's all over the place? 3 games in after the draft and it's already a bust of a draft???

You really can't grade a draft before 3 years. What if Coples and Hill both make the pro bowl next year for example? Tebow starts getting used correctly and starts scoring TD's all over the place? 3 games in after the draft and it's already a bust of a draft???

ESPN and sports radio has taught us how to jump to conclusions way too early

ESPN and sports radio has taught us how to jump to conclusions way too early

Exactly. No one wants to allow players to develop anymore. If you are a 1st day pick, or even a 3rd rounder you are expected to start and be a damn good one at that or the pick is a bust. It's getting worse and worse every year.

FCKING TANNENBAUM.

I'm sick of this guy consistently missing out on the mid and late round studs.

1st round: Tanny misses on Gholston, Wilson, trades the draft for Sanchez.........happens to every team

2nd round: Tanny misses on Vlad, no 2nd rd picks in 2008, 2009, 2011 due to trades...Quality over quantity, Ducasse is just "raw"

3rd round: since 2006 only 3 picks. Schlegel, Greene, Ellis....Greene had a 1st round grade! Ellis only went to jail for a little while! Schegel....ummm.

4th round: B. Smith, Lowery, McKnight, Powell...McKnight is going to be a cornerback! Powell is better than Greene (and Greene had a 1st rd grade!)

What about Mangold, Brick, Harris, Revis!? Remember thoso guys? Mangini does. He was still coach when they were drafted. The last decent haul we had.

Then there's the Santonio Holmes thing...when do we stop apologizing for this guy? When do we draft a decent lineman? When do we get a pass rush like the Giants? When do we get a receiving corps like the Giants? A QB like the Giants? What the hell is Tim Tebow doing here?! How was Favre allowed to clown us and leave for another team when his contract basically forbade it? How is Tannenbaum still employed by this team? Seriously.

1st round: Tanny misses on Gholston, Wilson, trades the draft for Sanchez.........happens to every team

2nd round: Tanny misses on Vlad, no 2nd rd picks in 2008, 2009, 2011 due to trades...Quality over quantity, Ducasse is just "raw"

3rd round: since 2006 only 3 picks. Schlegel, Greene, Ellis....Greene had a 1st round grade! Ellis only went to jail for a little while! Schegel....ummm.

4th round: B. Smith, Lowery, McKnight, Powell...McKnight is going to be a cornerback! Powell is better than Greene (and Greene had a 1st rd grade!)

What about Mangold, Brick, Harris, Revis!? Remember thoso guys? Mangini does. He was still coach when they were drafted. The last decent haul we had.

Then there's the Santonio Holmes thing...when do we stop apologizing for this guy? When do we draft a decent lineman? When do we get a pass rush like the Giants? When do we get a receiving corps like the Giants? A QB like the Giants? What the hell is Tim Tebow doing here?! How was Favre allowed to clown us and leave for another team when his contract basically forbade it? How is Tannenbaum still employed by this team? Seriously.

But we're 2-1

Exactly. No one wants to allow players to develop anymore. If you are a 1st day pick, or even a 3rd rounder you are expected to start and be a damn good one at that or the pick is a bust. It's getting worse and worse every year.

people forget that radio and tv are paid to cause controversy. they have to say things that are outrageous in order to get people talking and calling and watching and listening. Fans need to cut through the crap and see what they are shoveling and stop flipping out over every comment one of these bubbleheads makes. And i certainly hope our coaches dont listen to this garbage...

Mangini was also the coach when the boar hunter and Ghost were selected and was the one who pushed for both. Interesting that you conveniently didn't mention that. Oh I remember, Tanny gets the blame for the bad picks and Mangini, Rex and anyone except Tanny gets cedit for the good picks. Gotcha.

Oh and Tanny did not trade the draft for Sanchise, but in fact committed grand larceny on the aformentioned Mangenius.

Mangini was also the coach when the boar hunter and Ghost were selected and was the one who pushed for both. Interesting that you conveniently didn't mention that. Oh I remember, Tanny gets the blame for the bad picks and Mangini, Rex and anyone except Tanny gets cedit for the good picks. Gotcha.

Oh and Tanny did not trade the draft for Sanchise, but in fact committed grand larceny on the aformentioned Mangenius.

Huh? No. The Mancini era was several seasons ago. We haven't had a strong draft in a long time. That was the point. Mancini Rex or tanny or Bradway. Doesn't matter. Tanny is the gm. Tanny traded away all those picks. Tanny paid a kings ransom to Holmes. Tanny has had poor drafts recently. And tanny screwed the pooch with the Fabre debacle, chasing Nnamdi, not replacing woody, and another half page worth of crap. Btw Mancini is mangini but with autocorrect

Huh? No. The Mancini era was several seasons ago. We haven't had a strong draft in a long time. That was the point. Mancini Rex or tanny or Bradway. Doesn't matter. Tanny is the gm. Tanny traded away all those picks. Tanny paid a kings ransom to Holmes. Tanny has had poor drafts recently. And tanny screwed the pooch with the Fabre debacle, chasing Nnamdi, not replacing woody, and another half page worth of crap. Btw Mancini is mangini but with autocorrect

I thought you were making a play-on with his name since he killed out franchise. ;-)

And who is Fabre? :lol: damn phone!

mushmouth.jpg

OK, I may have misunderstood your post. I guess you were inferring that there hasn't been a good draft since Mangini's days, and not giving Mangini the credit for those picks?

I don't understand your gripe with Ellis. Tanny won that gamble. You are aware that "all those draft picks" were used to get guys like Revis, Harris, etc. no? Quality over quantity.

2 things on Favre: The signing was not Tanny's doing, that was all Woody wanting a big name to sell PSL's. I don't blame them for releasing him the next season because his arm broke down, and they felt that they got their franchise QB in the draft. Keeping both would have been brutal if not impossible on the cap.

I also don't agree on replacing Woody. The "turnstile" actually looked very good in replacing Woody the year before. There was no reason to think that he couldn't replace Woody at the time. Howard looks to be a very servicable RT.

The only thing I sort of agree with is chansing Namdi.

They must not have thought much of White at all. Last week I definitely saw Clyde Gates getting playing time.....I didn't even know he was on the team - Clyde freaking Gates.

I hate to agree with you. But they must think nothing of Jordan White. I guess my talent evaluation skills are the suck. Because I had Gates rated much lower.

Archived