Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,670 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:15 AM

Finally, I was calling for one after Miami but I guess we where 2-1

defense = bad

offense = competing fo the worst in the nfl

so who do the jets pick with the top 5 pick they will probably have?

hopefully whoever it is mike tannenbaum isn't the one picking

Edited by neckdemon, 01 October 2012 - 12:15 AM.

#4 New York Mick

New York Mick

Still Censored

• Members
  • 8,614 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:54 AM

Honestly the team is so bad you might as well start over. There's not one position outside of center I wouldnt take.

Take the BPA no matter what position.

Edited by New York Mick, 01 October 2012 - 12:55 AM.

#5 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,089 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:13 AM

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#6 Blackout

Blackout

Circle Of Bosses

• Members
  • 32,223 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:25 AM

ANYONE BUT A USC QB
"i'll rock forever....or at least until the Jets win the Superbowl" - Chino XL (1995)

#7 afosomf

afosomf

mon

• Members
  • 21,667 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:41 AM

Geno Smith

#8 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,670 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:03 AM

i knew this thread wasn't premature.

#9 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 18,847 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:32 AM

This thread is premature. Lol.

We don't know how the Jets are going to finish, or who's going to be doing the drafting when the time comes. I think they'll finish in the 7-9 range, and I hope that's not good enough for Tannenbaum to keep his job. If he does, I think you'll see some desperation from him. Not only will he defer salary cap pain but he'll draft specifically for need, and that's the absolute worst way to draft.

I'm with Mick on this one:

Honestly the team is so bad you might as well start over. There's not one position outside of center I wouldnt take.

Take the BPA no matter what position.

And not just this year, but every year.

When you draft for need instead of taking the Best Available Player, you are by definition taking a lesser player. Years of doing this creates a weaker team, and each year new needs develop because you've ignored better prospects to fill specific perceived needs.

This is where the Jets are right now. It has to come to an end. It won't if Tannenbaum keeps his job.

The Jets need a strong front office, that dictates to the head coach rather than drafting to his desires.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#10 T0mShane

T0mShane

From devil to Bevell, '15

• Members
  • 25,853 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:44 AM

I really don't care what happens with the pick as long as it's not Mike Tannenbaum making it.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#11 afosomf

afosomf

mon

• Members
  • 21,667 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:05 AM

Im in favor of Drafting Tanny's walkin papers mon

BTW where are all the "in tanny we trust posters" they should show him some support mon, they have loved his draftpiks thruout the yrs Coples Hill......Revis Mangold

#12 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

This thread is premature. Lol.

We don't know how the Jets are going to finish, or who's going to be doing the drafting when the time comes. I think they'll finish in the 7-9 range, and I hope that's not good enough for Tannenbaum to keep his job. If he does, I think you'll see some desperation from him. Not only will he defer salary cap pain but he'll draft specifically for need, and that's the absolute worst way to draft.

I'm with Mick on this one:

And not just this year, but every year.

When you draft for need instead of taking the Best Available Player, you are by definition taking a lesser player. Years of doing this creates a weaker team, and each year new needs develop because you've ignored better prospects to fill specific perceived needs.

This is where the Jets are right now. It has to come to an end. It won't if Tannenbaum keeps his job.

The Jets need a strong front office, that dictates to the head coach rather than drafting to his desires.

i dont necessarily agree with this. I say draft for need once you have a franchise QB. A all pro corner is only going to do so much for us as we see. We need the face of the franchise (a good one) for foreseeable future. Once we have that we take best players and build around the franchise QB.

Edited by jetsjetsjetss, 01 December 2012 - 11:16 AM.

#13 artemusclyde

artemusclyde

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

ANYONE BUT A USC QB

Barkley's probably going to be available where were drafting. Are you excited now about what are fo could potentially do? Cause I'm not. Barkley sucks.

Edited by artemusclyde, 01 December 2012 - 09:00 PM.

Tom Brady can't pull tens like you do all day long.

#14 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,271 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

QBs in this draft are meh. I'm sure if Rex and Tanny are here, we'll draft defense.

Needs are thus: QB, TE, WR, OG, OT, OLB, S

That all depends on what happens with our free agents and who gets cut.

#15 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,670 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

QBs in this draft are meh. I'm sure if Rex and Tanny are here, we'll draft defense.

lord if we draft defense in the first round i'm gonna be pissed

#16 Lupz27

Lupz27

2nd year player looking for a breakout season.

• Members
  • 3,723 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:04 PM

So if a blue chip stud is available at pick 5, but he is a defender, and by far the BAP you would rather reach for an offensive player, and pass on the Defensive stud, and if they don't you would be pissed?

#17 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

So if a blue chip stud is available at pick 5, but he is a defender, and by far the BAP you would rather reach for an offensive player, and pass on the Defensive stud, and if they don't you would be pissed?

yea i agree with lup. Our offense isnt doing anything without a better QB. Maybe if there is a megatron like WR we could take him but other then that id pass. Id like to see a linebacker if someone gets to us.

wonder what barkley is gonna have happen to him. He was like so friken good if we have 16 and he falls to us can we really pass? USC Qbs suck tho

#18 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 4,449 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

Barkley's probably going to be available where were drafting. Are you excited now about what are fo could potentially do? Cause I'm not. Barkley sucks.

If you have developed a healthy hate for Sanchez, Barkley will give you insight into what true hate feels like.
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#19 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,670 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

i completely don't agree with the idea that our offense is sh*t so don't bother upgrading any of it unless we can get a qb first. and for lupz.....in that very very specific and totally unlikely scenario where there is a defensive player that is far and away the only player that should be considered because he is so freaking outstanding that no one else left on the board compares (strange how he would have fallen to us in this case, but for the sake of argument i'll play along) then we should trade back and pick up some more picks since we could use as many as we can get....and since this player is so ****ing great everyone will be dying to give us their picks to buy the chance to draft this guy.

#20 Blackout

Blackout

Circle Of Bosses

• Members
  • 32,223 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

i would rather draft a 50 year old Charles barkey than draft a 23 year old Matt barkley
"i'll rock forever....or at least until the Jets win the Superbowl" - Chino XL (1995)

#21 LionelRichie

LionelRichie

Veteran

• Members
  • 4,523 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

Hello Chad Henne.

#22 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,670 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:34 AM

Hello Chad Henne.

forhead vagina would be a significant upgrade over sanchez

#23 CM28

CM28

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • LocationStockholm Sweden

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

So the QBs in the 2013 draft class isn´t the sh*t. And since we have a very expensive Sanchez for one more year (thanks Tanny), the smart thing might be to look in another direction. LB, OL, HB?

But if we a least cover the possible QBs, i think that Collin Klein and Geno Smith are two of the best ones thus far. And my question for you guys is what type of a QB should be the best fit in the Jets. A RG3 type (Klein) or the pocket passer Smith?

I haven´t seen enough of anyone of them as it is not an option for me to see any college games at all. So I am very much interested to get your feedback on the pros and cons for each player. Does Klein have the arm, accuracy, anitcipation etc? I know he can run.

I know for sure I don´t want Matt Barkley.

EDIT. Please take into consideration that Klein will cost us a lot less.

Edited by CM28, 02 December 2012 - 08:54 AM.

#24 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,271 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:28 AM

Hello Chad Henne.

:face:

#25 afosomf

afosomf

mon

• Members