Jets sign former Lions CB Aaron Berry

slats

It's always darkest before the dawn and sometimes we forget to take a step back and relax. Tanny is still here and never sleeps when it comes to improving this roster.

I feel like if we get him to take a nap they can get better.

After putting Joe McKnight at corner, the Jets decided to go ahead and sign a guy who actually played the position in the NFL in Aaron Berry who signed with the team today for 2 years after serving a 3 game suspension for a couple of arrests during the offseason after giving him a tryout on Friday. Berry has 34 tackles and 1 interception in 12 career games with the Lions. His salary is unknown for now.

... to a two year contract according to Adam Schefter via twitter.

Problem solved. Jets are now completely back on track.

After reading up on this guy, he is exactly the type of person the Jets need....we are covering all the bases, first Tebow and then a guy 180 degrees oppossed from what he is.....unbelievable!

Outstanding. Another thug-turd criminal on our team. It has worked so well to date. This team is awfully hard to like.

How many "criminals" are on this team?

Kenrick Ellis, whose charges were dismissed?

Did Santonio Holmes get busted for weed once? I don't remember.

Honestly, I can't think of any criminals on this team. So who are you talking about???

great signing FO knows theyre probably going down with ship let's assemble the greatest collection of clowns that has graced a football field since The Longest Yard for sheer entertainment value -- will give me something else to collect since finishing my mint set of the biggest draft bust rookie cards

Thought this was interesting:

"@Steiny31: Darrelle Revis helped recruit Aaron Berry to the University of Pittsburgh. Revis even hosted Berry when he visited the campus. #nyj"

"@Steiny31: Per USA TODAY, Revis told Berry to "Learn from your mistakes & take advantage of this opportunity. Because you're not going to get a third.""

"@Steiny31: "(The Jets) trusted me, and I'd be a fool to let them down with another mistake." - Aaron Berry via USA TODAY"

"@Steiny31: "You don't get this opportunity too many times. People would die to be in my shoes, so I don't want to let that pass up ever again." - Berry"

Archived