Jets need to sign TO or Plax, its bad!

V12themonster

You do not want these type of players on your team.. there is no reason to bring in these people that are known to be pieces of crap in the lockerroom

You do not win just cause u make a quick decision to throw money around and sign random over the hill players.

If anything this makes your younger players get vital experience and get some real time with there qb and they can grow and get better.. Kerley and Hill can grow now.. Sanchez can grow knowing that everytime he heads back to the huddle he doesnt have some a$$hole yelling at him to get him the ball

You bring in TO/Plax/Ocho then these guys will constantly yell at sanchez and divide the locker room, plus do u want T.O or Plax or Chad Johnson mentoring your future wideouts in Stephen Hill/ Jeremy Kerley

This is my point I am not saying that is never a factor. But this is why I made no qualms about it before the start of the season. If their is a hint of them acting like that they get cut. Just the same they will tell them that when they are in the meeting with them. These guys are broke and need the money, but that doesnt mean they are garbage. But I see the same arguments. It costs us nothing to sign them, and fact is your just saying no to say no. If a guy can improve your team get him. If he is gonna act up he is gone thats it. The argument to being able to cut a guy at the drop of a hat is, "yeah I just dont like it lol"

some of you guys are being pretty damn grandiloquent if you think you don't want Plax back or we don't need him....

Exactly my point and really the same for Chad. The media paints these pictures and consumers eat it up! Just because they run their mouths etc doesnt make them horrible people. Yeah they all probably werent the best teammates, but thats besides the point when you can cut the guy on a dime. You dont HAVE to give them a 2 year deal or even a 1 year deal. Everything is non-gauranteed after week 1 is over.

I got the why not Jerry Rice before and thought that was better. But seriously neither of them have really been problems guys lets be real. Only the media will spin it that way. Sanchez has dug his own grave. I would like to see him succeed I had high hopes for an offense that was suppossed to look like the miami wild cat offense. I saw fast scores and Tebow goaline TDs. Its not happening, the Buffalo game was far from the reality of the situation. At this point we should at the very least be thinking of salvaging the season and giving the veterans something to play for. If we dont make the playoffs this year the next step is rebuilding everything and that another 3yrs plus! Not to mention it doesnt cost you anything and you can cut them on the spot like the pats did with Kellen Winslow!

Must have missed the Rice comment...lol. Plex and TO are both washed up prima donnas...bring absolutely zilch to the table except headaches...also takes reps from the rook and the other practice squad guys...the facts are we lack playmakers...*looks at Tanney*...signing old playmakers especially these two malcontents only creates misery...there is a reason they are available...personally, since you mentioned him...I'd take Winslow over both of these yahoos.

Chad should be a possibility. Not sure how Chad gets clubbed with T.o and Plax. He is the only veteran option that might be in some football shape (he was at the Dolphins training camp) and be able to make some impact.

T.O should not be in the conversation. He was cut in the first round of cuts made by the SeaHawks. So he could not make the final 75 on the Seahawks roster.

Plax was a cancer in the locker room per reports. But he really sealed his days with the JETS based on this statement:

"“To be honest, there’s a lot of great places out there for me,” Burress said. “A lot of places that I would love to be. Like I said, I’m going to make the correct choice for me. You know, go somewhere where I can do some of the things that I do well. And also [join] with a quarterback who can get you the football, and understands the game and all those kinds of things.”

Now remember JETS went out of their way to rehab his career and this is the thanks they got.

Roy Williams was out of shape when he reported to the Bears camp last season. And he played the season that way. Not much of an impact for the Bears. They did not want him back for on the field performance issues.

Then you have the raiding someone's P.S and finding a diamond in the rough.This is the lowest risk, lowest cost move. And in a dream scenario may pan out to be the Cowboys picking up Laurent Robinson last season type of move.

Archived