#1 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

1. He was drafted too early

He started about 16 college football games at USC, and when he came into the NFL, he was overwhelmed because he just was not ready mentally to take over a NFL franchise, much less a New York football team

2. Bad coaching

Schotty was one of the worst OC's in football long before Sanchez arrived. He didn't improve in the next three years, and neither did Sanchez! Matt Cavanugh was another enabler. How he still has a job is one of histories greatest mysteries!

Follow that up with Sparano, who has virtually zero experience running a successful offense, and Rex is the anti-Yoda when it comes to developing QBs, and you have a Witch's Couldren Recipe for Bad QB Making 101

3. No #1 receivers.

Santonio Holmes is a complimentary receiver. He's not Steve Smith. Braylon Edwards was an older version of Stephen Hill. Not someone Sanchez can count on. Keller has been dependable until this year, and Mark has struggled mightily without him in the lineup.

And outside of an aged LT, he's had not threat out of the backfield to help him keep the chains moving.

4. No back-up to watch and learn from.

Tying in with #1, he really wasn't ready to take the reins, and probably should have sat behind someone for at least half-a-season. A Matt Hasselbeck-type who can show him how leading a team is done, and set a correct path for him to follow. Bad job by the organization in not giving him a mentor early on.

5. Pressure

Top 5 pick, bad coaches, no back-up, weak WRs, Tim Tebow, and New York Pressure combined will all lead to implosion.

He was on the same path as Eli Manning coming into this season, but now even the defense is failing him. He can't take it anymore. He's done.

Sadly, he has played VERY WELL under Playoff pressure, which shows me under better circumstances, he could excel. But he needs a change of scenery. And I need a change of face.

And I hold T-Rex responsible for this. They did not take care of their most valuable asset, their starting QB. And if, or when, the Jets miss the Playoffs, he fate should be their own......
BD

#2 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts
  • LocationThe Hall of Doom

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

1A. He sucks!

Posted Image

#3 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 17,495 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:01 PM

his salary is guaranteed thru 2013

he will be under center for the next 28 games
Like so many Americans, she was trying to construct a life that made sense from things she found in gift shops.

#4 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

Tebow will replace him by the bye week, and he'll be traded in the off-season.

They didn't bring Tebow in to be the punt protector.....
BD

Edited by BlackDynamite, 02 October 2012 - 06:06 PM.

#5 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 17,495 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

Tebow will replace him by the bye week, and he'll be traded in the off-season.

They didn't bring Tebow in to be the punt protector.....
BD

sanchez is untradeable. and uncuttable. he is your starting QB
Like so many Americans, she was trying to construct a life that made sense from things she found in gift shops.

#6 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,774 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:12 PM

1. He was drafted too early

He started about 16 college football games at USC, and when he came into the NFL, he was overwhelmed because he just was not ready mentally to take over a NFL franchise, much less a New York football team

I tend to agree with this point. He's 6'2" and not much tape. He had no pressure and wide open stud receivers in (at the time) a mediocre Pac 10 conference. What exactly does he do well? Look at a Flacco or Ben they are giants with big arms. What is supposed to be Mark's edge? his accuracy? Btw USC QB's have basically been a mess for the last decade, why buy that brand name?

10 or 15 slots too early in a weak QB draft. the Jets fell in love and drafted for need.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#7 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

I tend to agree with this point. He's 6'2" and not much tape. He had no pressure and wide open stud receivers in (at the time) a mediocre Pac 10 conference. What exactly does he do well? Look at a Flacco or Ben they are giants with big arms. What is supposed to be Mark's edge? his accuracy? Btw USC QB's have basically been a mess for the last decade, why buy that brand name?

10 or 15 slots too early in a weak QB draft. the Jets fell in love and drafted for need.

His long-ball and play-action are very good.......
BD

#8 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Make us proud Wrecks

• Members
  • 13,031 posts
  • LocationDallas Tx.

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

I am of the opinion the Jets played a huge part in ruining Mark Sanchez I think the kid was talented and had flashes of brilliance but he also has had extended flashes of incompetence weather you think its all on him, all on the coaches or all on the talent is irrelivant at this point in time. Im done arguing the point anymore.The team itself sucks on offense and its going to take more than just a QB to fix it. As a matter of fact I think with this cast of misfits the worst thing we could do this offseason is draft a QB and when I say misfits Im talking everyone not just the players. I think we deal with what we dealt ourselves and let Mark play it out this year and next. I dont think we have much of a choice because that bitch Woody will not pay a player what Sanchez is getting to just sit.

All that being said Tebow is FAR FAR from the answer. If anything we should get a look at McElroy at some point because hes a real QB, and its the smart thing to do. While I personally feel Rex and Tanny are complete Idiots, at some point you have to look at what you have because there is always the chance something may come of it. If the future plan is to draft a new QB, you must look at McElroy, never know maybe we get lucky. of course in Jets fashion they would just go out and draft a QB and waste the pick without doing the smart thing, its what we do .

All we can do is hope something snaps and turns this organization back around we've seen it happen for other teams and lord knows the Die hard Jets fans deserve something for once

Edited by Smashmouth, 02 October 2012 - 06:19 PM.

Proud Member of the AVM

#9 T0mShane

T0mShane

Gluten for punishment

• Members
  • 26,277 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

POPULAR

Good list. Also, he's a pussy.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#10 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

Good list. Also, he's a pussy.

And he took plenty of shots last year and missed only a couple of plays.
BD

#11 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,292 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

How can we persuade you to stop creating new topics spewing the same rhetoric? Candy?

#12 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts
  • LocationThe Hall of Doom

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 afosomf

afosomf

mon

• Members
  • 21,667 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

Best Back Peddle in NFL

#14 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,074 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

I'm holding out hope that he somehow channels his inner Eli Brees. As bad as he has been, the currently available options are worse.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#15 FloridaJetsFan

FloridaJetsFan

Hail Caesar

• Members
  • 2,379 posts
  • LocationNavarre, FL

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

How can we persuade you to stop creating new topics spewing the same rhetoric? Candy?

But he signs every post "BD!" how do you not like that? He's very self important!

#16 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 4,557 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

But he signs every post "BD!" how do you not like that? He's very self important!

Thank you, man.
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#17 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

Hey, anytime......
BD

#18 FloridaJetsFan

FloridaJetsFan

Hail Caesar

• Members
  • 2,379 posts
  • LocationNavarre, FL

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

Hey, anytime......
BD

Awkward! Umm ... No one was thanking "you" bro.

#19 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,621 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

he is not a good quarterback and im loving how the sanchez apologists have finally seen that.

#20 JFtoLong

JFtoLong

2nd Year Veteran

• Banned
  • 1,294 posts
  • Locationgrassy knoll

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:24 PM

he is not a good quarterback and im loving how the sanchez apologists have finally seen that.

Maybe all the Rex apologists can finally see that Rex is a bad coach who is ruining this franchise

Edited by JFtoLong, 02 October 2012 - 08:24 PM.

#21 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,621 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:06 PM

Maybe all the Rex apologists can finally see that Rex is a bad coach who is ruining this franchise

meh maybe i just believe that a franchise qb solves everything. Isnt that the argument about all good coaches anyway? They wouldnt be any good without their superstar QB. I know you joined and immediately loved sanchez but now even you have to see he sucks.

#22 gEYno

gEYno

2013-2014 JN Captain

• Members
  • 17,316 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

1-5: He's not good at football.

Posted Image

#23 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 23,698 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

Sanchez=Romo Light

**** that guy

#24 JiF

JiF

President of the Rex Ryan Fan Club

• Members
  • 36,877 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

Posted Image

#25 JFtoLong

JFtoLong

2nd Year Veteran

• Banned
  • 1,294 posts
  • Locationgrassy knoll

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:54 AM

meh maybe i just believe that a franchise qb solves everything. Isnt that the argument about all good coaches anyway? They wouldnt be any good without their superstar QB. I know you joined and immediately loved sanchez but now even you have to see he sucks.

I don't love Sanchez.

I think he could have been a good enough QB for us to build a championship team around, if we did not screw it up.

He is wildly inconsistent. He has shown flashes that many other's such as the now great Alex Smith never showed.

I believe his inconsistency comes from terrible coaching, and forcing things becuase of a complete and utter lack of talent around him and the pressure of the need to get things done.

I agree that he is shot, and probably at this point unfixable.

That said, if the Jets give this coach a chance to ruin another drafted QB, they are out of their minds.

Rex is far more responsible for the current disaster we are looking at than Sanchez.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users