Top 5 Reasons Mark Sanchez will be holding a clipboard in the near future

BlackDynamite

Are you serious???

I mean really??

Are you saying if he cannot perform up to te level of maybe the best QB of all time, it's his fault??

This is the mentaliy that is so disturbing to me.

Yeah, Mark is no Brady, who he F is????

Why is everything so damn black or white with Jets fans?

It's like the comments about everything needing to be perfect for Mark to be effective.

Can we start with things not being complete trash for Mark to be effective??

Can we see how that goes?

Yeah, he holds he ball to long, no sh*t! His WR's are never open, and when they are he hit them in the Bills game, and early in the steelers game, and at the end of Miami.

It's amazing how other teams make adjustments, and the Jets have zero answer, zero.

Is that on the coaches?? Nooooo, it's on Mark, he is not Brady.

It's this mentality that makes it so difficult to succeed in Ny.

Throw in a terrible coaching staff and horrible personnel, lets just keep that QB carrousel turning until we luck into the next Brady, and we can all be 100 waiting for it, while talking about the sucktitude of our now curren QB.

lol i dont even have to respond anymore other people destroying your argument. coaches coach and players play. It is all on sanchez when he misses a wide open player and sulks. Even on defense when they miss a tackle in the backfield. Thats great coaching and sh*tty players making sh*tty plays. Sanchez is done and probably wont be able to handle a backup role in a random place like Cleavland so i think his days in the NFL are numbered.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are you throwing out names like Hankerson and Robinson and Morgan ? This is a really stupid way to look at any situation. Are you trying to say there is no way these guys could actully be good ? Were you laughing at Wayne Chrebet when the Jets signed him on the Roster as well ?

Are you drinking the Cam Newton Cool aid ? Sure the guy put up numbers last year because all they did was throw the ball all over the lot from the minute the kid stepped on the field. Sure hes a great athelete but is he cut out for winning in the NFL ? Is he just another flashy athelete ? Will he have a great season at some point then fold in the playoffs year after year while the media chugs his loads for making an incredible play here and there but is still wildly inconsistent ?

You use Brady who won 3 SB's based on an incredibly good defense that kept games close no matter how many 3 and outs he had early in his career. If you blindly looked at Bradys stats would you think he won his SB;s in the first 4 years of his career or the last 4 ??? Brady did not start lighting it up until his team surrounded him with lights out talent. He didnt have to push for his team to win he didnt have to take stupid chances he had enough talent to take it slow and let the game come to him just like most good QB's with boat loads of talent should do. Too bad his defense is not what It used to be or they would have won 7 SB's from 00-10.

Part of making a QB great as opposed to just good or agerage is surrounding him with pro bowl talent. Sorry you cant seem to get your brain around that concept but I guarantee you there in NO QB in the NFL that would succeed with the current Jets Roster on Offense. Do they play a liitle better and make less mistakes than Sanchez ?? Probably but thats not saying much and its certainly not going to win SB's.

Brady led the NFL in TD passes his 2nd season with those same non-world-beaters.

There are some QBs who make mediocre (or worse than mediocre) players look like pro bowl talent. What happened to David Givens and Deion Branch when they weren't around Tom Brady? What was Wes Welker before he had a great QB throwing to him?

You can't be serious. That homo in Foxboro is an all-time great. Wes Welker's upside on the receiving end of Mark Sanchez's passes would have been Jeremy Kerley. Wes Welker wasn't Wes Welker until he was catching passes from a great passer. You make your argument as though WW was a weapon who was tearing up the league before the Pats got him, when the exact opposite was the case.

I don't think the world of Dustin Keller (and he's been a grade-A zero this year), but do you honestly doubt that for the past few seasons he'd be far better thought of league-wide if he was the lone TE on the Pats or Saints or Falcons or a number of other teams? You'd be the first in line crying about why we never supplied Sanchez with such a TE talent, as evidenced by your touting of Washington's present nobodies plus 1 has-been as a coveted receiving corps.

Brady led the NFL in TD passes his 2nd season with those same non-world-beaters.

There are some QBs who make mediocre (or worse than mediocre) players look like pro bowl talent. What happened to David Givens and Deion Branch when they weren't around Tom Brady? What was Wes Welker before he had a great QB throwing to him?

You can't be serious. That homo in Foxboro is an all-time great. Wes Welker's upside on the receiving end of Mark Sanchez's passes would have been Jeremy Kerley. Wes Welker wasn't Wes Welker until he was catching passes from a great passer. You make your argument as though WW was a weapon who was tearing up the league before the Pats got him, when the exact opposite was the case.

I don't think the world of Dustin Keller (and he's been a grade-A zero this year), but do you honestly doubt that for the past few seasons he'd be far better thought of league-wide if he was the lone TE on the Pats or Saints or Falcons or a number of other teams? You'd be the first in line crying about why we never supplied Sanchez with such a TE talent, as evidenced by your touting of Washington's present nobodies plus 1 has-been as a coveted receiving corps.

If Rufus showed up in Florham Park with a phone booth filled with the 1983 Redskins, including Joe Jacoby, Mark May, Russ Grimm, Riggins, Monk, Charlie Brown, and Joe Washington, Smash would find a way to complain that Sanchez would be left without an elite pass-catching TE or a HoF-caliber RT.

Keller is not remotely close to Gonzalez, Gronk, or Graham. Dont even begin to make this point.

My point on Brady was if you looked at his stats no way you pick his first 4 years and compare them to his last 4. If your just looking at stats and think the NFL is only about QB's then you pick the 50, 28,36 and 39 TDyears as his SB winning years.

Wes Welker was primarily a Special teams player on Miami. His last year there was the first time he EVER got real playing time at the WR position and they used him in various ways and he was still a Special teamer. Nice job by the Pats for grabbing him up putting him full time in the slot and taking advantage of his talents.

I dont want this to turn into a Sanchez arguement but I think most of his problems come from the absolute garbage hes surrounded with and at some stage when no one is open a QB will begin to make throws he does not want to make. I think Sanchez is making such throws and thats why hes inaccurate. In the Buffalo game when His receivers actully got some separation he delivered the ball just fine in other games where his receivers did nothing and were pressed he had no where to go with the football. You are hearing more and more analysts who have access to all 22 that this is the case and that its causing Sanchez to struggle but you choose to ignore that because you basicly hate the guy with a passion. I DO NOT excuse Sanchez for the dumb mistakes but I do believe they are a condition of him being totally shell shocked. You want to do good and help your team but you just cant because the guys on offense are the biggest Joke in the NFL on a team where a Rookie Project WR beats out everyone else on the roster then proceeds to drop just about every pass thrown to him along with the superstar a$$hole loudmouth on the other side of the field. Boy I tell ya Mark Sanchez certainly has it Just as good as Matt Ryan who, you know has probowlers at every single position on offense with a few HOF'ers mixed in for good measure. Of course Jets fans joke about this saying sarcasticly "what does Mark need ?? probowlers at every position ?? My answer to that is why not ? If other teams all arounf the NFL can do it why cant we ?

Oh and I keep hearing David Givens and Deion Branch mentioned as if they were world beaters with Brady..... Fact is they put up decent numbers nothing really special neither one ever came close to double digit TD's or 1000 yards except one year Branch had 998 yards with Brady. Branchs numbers were similar in Seattle but he was dealing with Injuries the entire time he was there. The reason either one of these guys was even mentioned as being good receivers and the reason Branch got a good FA contract was because BOTH were clutch in the playoffs and made big plays for their team. Thats about it. Brady was a 20-30 TD guy until they signed the elite talent like Rescuing Randy Moss from the Raiders and Brady broke out with 50 TD's yes thats exactly what you should expect from a HOF QB but it proves talent is a big factor. But hey the Jets have Santonio Holmes the biggest Joke in the NFL when discussing Number 1 WR's

Sanchez=Romo Light

**** that guy

you know what..... Sanchez with talent around him may very well be Tony Romo. If the Jets did surround Sanchez with pro bowl caliber talent I could see Sanchez lighting it up, the big question is..... Will he continue to have Romoesque melt downs at the worst possible times ? I think thats the big question here. Even if you do give Sanchez what he needs to succed will he still continue to make the big mistakes Or will he learn to take what the defense gives him and play solid football.

you know what..... Sanchez with talent around him may very well be Tony Romo. If the Jets did surround Sanchez with pro bowl caliber talent I could see Sanchez lighting it up, the big question is..... Will he continue to have Romoesque melt downs at the worst possible times ? I think thats the big question here. Even if you do give Sanchez what he needs to succed will he still continue to make the big mistakes Or will he learn to take what the defense gives him and play solid football.

Yes, YES 1000 TIMES YES. This is no longer a question, it's who he is.

lol i dont even have to respond anymore other people destroying your argument. coaches coach and players play. It is all on sanchez when he misses a wide open player and sulks. Even on defense when they miss a tackle in the backfield. Thats great coaching and sh*tty players making sh*tty plays. Sanchez is done and probably wont be able to handle a backup role in a random place like Cleavland so i think his days in the NFL are numbered.

The football IQ of the majority of Jets fans is comical.

Yeah, coaches mean nothing in the NFL!!!

Schemes, game planning, nothing in the NFL!!!!

Teaching proper technique means nothing in the NFL!!!

Why the F do coaches in the NFL make millions and millions of dollars in the NFL???

Why the F do coaches in the NFL make millions and millions of dollars in the NFL???

um... they don't. a coordinator that makes a mil is a rarity. The players are the ones making millions and millions. there's a reason why they pay Sparano 20x less than they pay Sanchez.

um... they don't. a coordinator that makes a mil is a rarity. The players are the ones making millions and millions. there's a reason why they pay Sparano 20x less than they pay Sanchez.

Let me get this straight, are you saying the OC of a team does not matter? All they need to do is call the play, and if the players cannot execute the plays, it is the players fault??

the OC does matter. about 20x less than the QB.

Matt Cassel and Alex smith may disagree.

Cassel looked fantastic in the NE system.

Now, he looks as bad as Sanchez.

Smith was considered not worthy of QB'ng a HS varsity team, was a muffed punt from the SB last year, and leading one of the best teams in football.

If u believe that the QB is 20x more important than the OC, and that surrounding talent means nothing, I really will just stop this disagreement, I have better things to do than debate people who don't understand football.

lawl you did not read a word i said did you? Schemes get matchups. Good matchups get good plays by good players. Sanchez sucks so the point is moot. I play basketball and im not gonna yell at my coach for missing a wide open jump shot. Its his job to get me wide open and my job to make it simple as that. Sanchez needs to make throws.

1. He was drafted too early

He started about 16 college football games at USC, and when he came into the NFL, he was overwhelmed because he just was not ready mentally to take over a NFL franchise, much less a New York football team

2. Bad coaching

Schotty was one of the worst OC's in football long before Sanchez arrived. He didn't improve in the next three years, and neither did Sanchez! Matt Cavanugh was another enabler. How he still has a job is one of histories greatest mysteries!

Follow that up with Sparano, who has virtually zero experience running a successful offense, and Rex is the anti-Yoda when it comes to developing QBs, and you have a Witch's Couldren Recipe for Bad QB Making 101

3. No #1 receivers.

Santonio Holmes is a complimentary receiver. He's not Steve Smith. Braylon Edwards was an older version of Stephen Hill. Not someone Sanchez can count on. Keller has been dependable until this year, and Mark has struggled mightily without him in the lineup.

And outside of an aged LT, he's had not threat out of the backfield to help him keep the chains moving.

4. No back-up to watch and learn from.

Tying in with #1, he really wasn't ready to take the reins, and probably should have sat behind someone for at least half-a-season. A Matt Hasselbeck-type who can show him how leading a team is done, and set a correct path for him to follow. Bad job by the organization in not giving him a mentor early on.

5. Pressure

Top 5 pick, bad coaches, no back-up, weak WRs, Tim Tebow, and New York Pressure combined will all lead to implosion.

He was on the same path as Eli Manning coming into this season, but now even the defense is failing him. He can't take it anymore. He's done.

Sadly, he has played VERY WELL under Playoff pressure, which shows me under better circumstances, he could excel. But he needs a change of scenery. And I need a change of face.

And I hold T-Rex responsible for this. They did not take care of their most valuable asset, their starting QB. And if, or when, the Jets miss the Playoffs, he fate should be their own......

BD

6. If they give it to Holmes he will hurt himself and fumble. Then we will have to watch some opposing teams corner dancing in the end zone with our clipboard.

Matt Cassel and Alex smith may disagree.

Cassel looked fantastic in the NE system.

Now, he looks as bad as Sanchez.

Smith was considered not worthy of QB'ng a HS varsity team, was a muffed punt from the SB last year, and leading one of the best teams in football.

If u believe that the QB is 20x more important than the OC, and that surrounding talent means nothing, I really will just stop this disagreement, I have better things to do than debate people who don't understand football.

Cassel always suked mon

Cassel always suked mon

I don't disagree, my point was in the NE system, he played well enough to land a fat contract, and more than one team was after him.

My point was simply to say that coaching and surrounding cast can make a HUGE difference

I don't disagree, my point was in the NE system, he played well enough to land a fat contract, and more than one team was after him.

My point was simply to say that coaching and surrounding cast can make a HUGE difference

Pats won in spite of mama cass

what is this football you speak of? I thought this was a site devoted to JET magazine.

1049808767.jpg

lawl you did not read a word i said did you? Schemes get matchups. Good matchups get good plays by good players. Sanchez sucks so the point is moot. I play basketball and im not gonna yell at my coach for missing a wide open jump shot. Its his job to get me wide open and my job to make it simple as that. Sanchez needs to make throws.

I never miss wide open jump shots.

>real talk<

Dude your right trust me. However, there is so much you can do to prevent a QB from throwing pick 6's and fumbling away more TD's......

1. He was drafted too early

He started about 16 college football games at USC, and when he came into the NFL, he was overwhelmed because he just was not ready mentally to take over a NFL franchise, much less a New York football team

2. Bad coaching

Schotty was one of the worst OC's in football long before Sanchez arrived. He didn't improve in the next three years, and neither did Sanchez! Matt Cavanugh was another enabler. How he still has a job is one of histories greatest mysteries!

Follow that up with Sparano, who has virtually zero experience running a successful offense, and Rex is the anti-Yoda when it comes to developing QBs, and you have a Witch's Couldren Recipe for Bad QB Making 101

3. No #1 receivers.

Santonio Holmes is a complimentary receiver. He's not Steve Smith. Braylon Edwards was an older version of Stephen Hill. Not someone Sanchez can count on. Keller has been dependable until this year, and Mark has struggled mightily without him in the lineup.

And outside of an aged LT, he's had not threat out of the backfield to help him keep the chains moving.

4. No back-up to watch and learn from.

Tying in with #1, he really wasn't ready to take the reins, and probably should have sat behind someone for at least half-a-season. A Matt Hasselbeck-type who can show him how leading a team is done, and set a correct path for him to follow. Bad job by the organization in not giving him a mentor early on.

5. Pressure

Top 5 pick, bad coaches, no back-up, weak WRs, Tim Tebow, and New York Pressure combined will all lead to implosion.

He was on the same path as Eli Manning coming into this season, but now even the defense is failing him. He can't take it anymore. He's done.

Sadly, he has played VERY WELL under Playoff pressure, which shows me under better circumstances, he could excel. But he needs a change of scenery. And I need a change of face.

And I hold T-Rex responsible for this. They did not take care of their most valuable asset, their starting QB. And if, or when, the Jets miss the Playoffs, he fate should be their own......

BD

You make some good valid points, but every single one of them is an external factor. Let's be honest here and admit that there are many shortcomings with Sanchez himself.

He has not progressed much at all, he's basically the same player we saw Week 1 in his rookie season. The game is too fast for him, he makes generally poor decisions, and his accuracy is putrid far too often. Good quarterbacks make the players around them better.

I was willing to give Sanchez an opportunity in a system outside of Schottenheimer. He has failed miserably, and it's time to move on.

You make some good valid points, but every single one of them is an external factor. Let's be honest here and admit that there are many shortcomings with Sanchez himself.

He has not progressed much at all, he's basically the same player we saw Week 1 in his rookie season. The game is too fast for him, he makes generally poor decisions, and his accuracy is putrid far too often. Good quarterbacks make the players around them better.

I was willing to give Sanchez an opportunity in a system outside of Schottenheimer. He has failed miserably, and it's time to move on.

If you were getting coached by Cavanaugh and Schotty, would you progress? Don't bet on it....

If you were getting coached by Cavanaugh and Schotty, would you progress? Don't bet on it....

There is no doubt he was brought into a bad development environment, but in my opinion, many of his problems are based on poor NFL talent rather than poor development.

There is no doubt he was brought into a bad development environment, but in my opinion, many of his problems are based on poor NFL talent rather than poor development.

He was pretty good at USC, when surrounded with good talent and good coaching.

And he has played very well in the Playoffs, as much as people want to downplay that.

He's not hopelessly untalented, but he's never going to succeed here, that's for sure.....

BD

He was pretty good at USC, when surrounded with good talent and good coaching.

And he has played very well in the Playoffs, as much as people want to downplay that.

He's not hopelessly untalented, but he's never going to succeed here, that's for sure.....

BD

Fair enough.

He has the physical skills to succeed, but in my opinion lacks the mental skills and instincts to make him a viable long term starter. The game is too quick for him (mentally), and his accuracy throwing the ball has always been lacking. Playing in his 4th year, he's simply not good enough.

Archived