49ers' cornerback Carlos Rogers says Jets quit

Jetfan13

Carlos Rogers, the 49ers' cornerback who returned Santonio Holmes' fumble for a touchdown, thought the Jets packed it in early on Sunday, Conor Orr of the Newark Star-Ledger reports.

“It kinda seemed like, after a while they just, I know, looking at their defense, they didn't want to be out there,” said Rogers on Sirius XM radio today. “And after that it's like, man, these guys don't really want to play the game. You know, it's pretty much over.

"You could see it happening,” Rogers said. “It kinda shocked me just because, you know, a lot of guys were saying on the sideline, ‘Oh, they don't want to tackle, they don't want to do this, they don't want to do that.' That's a Rex Ryan defense. That's a Rex Ryan team.

Rogers said it was out of character for a Ryan defense to behave that way.

“His defense, you know, plays throughout. And that was the shocking point about it.... It really kind of shocked me to see that them guys were ready to go get in the showers."

Just like I said, they curl up in the fetal position like a bunch of pussies. Pull their heads in their shell like scared turtles. The stature to react to adversity like this comes directly from their leadership... Rex, Sanchez, Bart, Cromartie and Holmes. These are the guys that set the tone for how to react to adversity.

Rex loses a game and he puts on this end of the world show for everyone to see, while making excuses for the loss instead of owning up to it and boasting that his guys are still better. Nice. How does that send the message of "we didn't do our job"? It doesn't. Instead it sends the message "we lost, but we are still better" which is a posture that enables guys like Sanchez to continue to sulk, and guys like Holmes to continue to neglect discipline and doing his JOB better than the other guy.

Soft.

Rex needs to put the onus on the players to do their ****ing jobs. Make them accountable. Stop enabling them, stop placating them, and stop trying to be their pal. Head coaches should command respect, the way these guys quit on games and neglect fundamentals like catching and tackling tells me they have no respect for their coach or themselves. What a collection of pigs.

This "I don't have the pulse of the team" issue seems to have picked up exactly where it left off last year... it's not about having their pulse, it's about having their respect. They need to fear Rex, no shrug him off like the cool Dad he's positioned himself as.

This team can't tackle. You know what shows? 1. lack of practice. 2. lack of caring.

Rex sucks.

the players coach thing never ends well unless you win it all early in your tenure. It took Dungy a while and he was fired once. He'll Billick won the Super Bowl and still was fired.

Just like I said, they curl up in the fetal position like a bunch of pussies. Pull their heads in their shell like scared turtles. The stature to react to adversity like this comes directly from their leadership... Rex, Sanchez, Bart, Cromartie and Holmes. These are the guys that set the tone for how to react to adversity

If the 50 adults in the room are waiting for our dyslexic manchild of a coach, a QB who probably got asked to move to wideout during the GQ flag football game, Scott who's like a defensive BJ Askew since in my mind his best moment as a Jet came outside of the game, the guy who needed to restructure when he got here to pay child support and Holmes(self explanatory) to step up and lead by example we might be in trouble.

Bull sh*t. The defense was doing their job. 10-0 lead mid way through the 3rd and they forced 2 punts to start the half. They didnt quit.

You cant expect a defense to be on the field that long in a game and produce at a high level. No defense in the league can handle that.

And even if they did. Can you blame them? They get a 2 minute blow and get trotted back out on to the field over and over again. At a certain point, its only natural to say, WTF are we even doing this for?

I was at a bar and couldnt hear perfectly but at one point, I thought I heard one of the announcers say the defense on the field for 42 minutes out of an hour of real time? Did I hear that?

Bull sh*t. The defense was doing their job. 10-0 lead mid way through the 3rd and they forced 2 punts to start the half. They didnt quit.

You cant expect a defense to be on the field that long in a game and produce at a high level. No defense in the league can handle that.

And even if they did. Can you blame them? They get a 2 minute blow and get trotted back out on to the field over and over again. At a certain point, its only natural to say, WTF are we even doing this for?

I was at a bar and couldnt hear perfectly but at one point, I thought I heard one of the announcers say the defense on the field for 42 minutes out of an hour of real time? Did I hear that?

I have no issues with them getting mad, or letting up so many points since they were forced to be left on the field all day long, cause our offense goes 3 and out in a minute. But I do fault them for not tackling. That arm tackling nonsense is Busch league. That is a fault of not getting it done in practice. There is no reason we should be missing so many tackles. Period.

You are right, no defense has ever held a team scoreless in the history of the NFL.

Wise-ass remarks aside, I do agree with you in principle that the defense was on the field too long, BUT they are not without blame. They've not looked anything close to "best Jets defense ever" (Rex) since the second half of the Bills game.

The D played tought the majority of the game. Seeing Holmes lateral the ball to the SF defender is probably what put them over the edge. Why continue to bust your ass when last years Captain doesn't seem to care.

Not happy Santonios hurt but can really see his absence from the locker room being a big plus.

I have no issues with them getting mad, or letting up so many points since they were forced to be left on the field all day long, cause our offense goes 3 and out in a minute. But I do fault them for not tackling. That arm tackling nonsense is Busch league. That is a fault of not getting it done in practice. There is no reason we should be missing so many tackles. Period.

Agreed. But just because they cant tackle doesnt meant they quit. They didnt quit. We just have the worst LB'ers in the NFL. Like I said in a different thread, I've seen the DL hold up their blockers, even 2 at a time and give our LB'ers lanes to make plays and they just flat out whiff on or miss a tackle. I've never seen more plays blown up and have a runner bottled up in the backfield yet result in a 5 yard gain in my life.

You are right, no defense has ever held a team scoreless in the history of the NFL.

Wise-ass remarks aside, I do agree with you in principle that the defense was on the field too long, BUT they are not without blame. They've not looked anything close to "best Jets defense ever" (Rex) since the second half of the Bills game.

Cant argue...but I dont think they quit. They created plenty of opportunities for the offense and the offense failed to produce because they have the worst QB in the league starting for them.

Agreed. But just because they cant tackle doesnt meant they quit. They didnt quit. We just have the worst LB'ers in the NFL. Like I said in a different thread, I've seen the DL hold up their blockers, even 2 at a time and give our LB'ers lanes to make plays and they just flat out whiff on or miss a tackle. I've never seen more plays blown up and have a runner bottled up in the backfield yet result in a 5 yard gain in my life.

Cant argue...but I dont think they quit. They created plenty of opportunities for the offense and the offense failed to produce because they have the worst QB in the league starting for them.

I think they did let up, cause they were tired and pissed off. And I am with you. Its not our "Defense" thats the issue, its our fat, slow, lazy linebackers. Our D Line doesn't get a good pass rush, but they are huge and clog up the line of scrimmage. Our secondary is the best in football.

Watching that game, I was actually worried that Laron Landry was not going to want to return next season to this debacle.

No way to really tell... but this team quit last year. There was minimal roster turnover. So, I wouldn't put it past them... once an environment turns sour like it did last year it is MUCH easier for it to go back that way.

I think they did let up, cause they were tired and pissed off. And I am with you. Its not our "Defense" thats the issue, its our fat, slow, lazy linebackers. Our D Line doesn't get a good pass rush, but they are huge and clog up the line of scrimmage. Our secondary is the best in football.

Watching that game, I was actually worried that Laron Landry was not going to want to return next season to this debacle.

The front-7 is terrible. When you watched the defense play in weeks 1 and 2, far too often you saw Revis coming in to make tackles on the RB on running plays... that is a tell-tale sign that you have a problem, when your best tackler in run defense is the guy who is supposed to be in man-coverage shutting down one side of the field.

I think some of you are missing the point...the Jets quit on Sunday...not the offensive unit...not the defensive unit...the Jets quit. You do not build separate units to defeat an enemy. You build one team, one fight. Don't really care who points fingers. Just want one team...one fight.

At this point...we need new leadership...once integrity lost...almost impossible to recapture.

I think some of you are missing the point...the Jets quit on Sunday...not the offensive unit...not the defensive unit...the Jets quit. You do not build separate units to defeat an enemy. You build one team, one fight. Don't really care who points fingers. Just want one team...one fight.

At this point...we need new leadership...once integrity lost...almost impossible to recapture.

100% spot on.

Said it better than I could.

No way to really tell... but this team quit last year. There was minimal roster turnover. So, I wouldn't put it past them... once an environment turns sour like it did last year it is MUCH easier for it to go back that way.

The front-7 is terrible. When you watched the defense play in weeks 1 and 2, far too often you saw Revis coming in to make tackles on the RB on running plays... that is a tell-tale sign that you have a problem, when your best tackler in run defense is the guy who is supposed to be in man-coverage shutting down one side of the field.

We could get better up front, but the fat boy's up front aren't my biggest concern. At this point, I can live with them.

And yeah, watching Revis making plays on running plays I was cringing.

If they did let up, it wasnt till the game was out of hand...and I dont blame them.

I actually like our defense still. IMO, its just the LB'ers. They are awful. Not a single one of them does any one thing particularly well. With different guys on that level, I think we're a totally different looking defense.

And I just disagree with this whole quitting notion. Even last year. They were battling those last few weeks as Sanchez was throwing the season away.

Thats all I was saying.

Truth is, I didnt see anything after the Holmes fumble, followed by the 3 and out because they turned the game off for a more competitive contest. So I dont know if the Defense quit after that but wtf does it matter at that point?

i have said this before bad drafting our lbs are old slow and cant cover anyone and yes after spending most of the game on the field the d was tired and pist by the end of the 3rd MR T, Rex,and Sanchez need to go.I just dont know who can take over for Rex

how does Carlos Rogers know what the Jets defense was doing? did the Niners let him play offense?

that being said quitting happens. when the offense is incompetent, eventually defenses stop caring. it happens. and changing coaches or players will never fix that.

Carlos Rogers, the 49ers' cornerback who returned Santonio Holmes' fumble for a touchdown, thought the Jets packed it in early on Sunday, Conor Orr of the Newark Star-Ledger reports.

“It kinda seemed like, after a while they just, I know, looking at their defense, they didn't want to be out there,” said Rogers on Sirius XM radio today. “And after that it's like, man, these guys don't really want to play the game. You know, it's pretty much over.

"You could see it happening,” Rogers said. “It kinda shocked me just because, you know, a lot of guys were saying on the sideline, ‘Oh, they don't want to tackle, they don't want to do this, they don't want to do that.' That's a Rex Ryan defense. That's a Rex Ryan team.

Rogers said it was out of character for a Ryan defense to behave that way.

“His defense, you know, plays throughout. And that was the shocking point about it.... It really kind of shocked me to see that them guys were ready to go get in the showers."

This is where I will defend the defense, the ****en offense sh*t the bed again. Its time to move on, and Sanchez has got to be benched NOW. Enough BS that he has got to get better and all that. Put freakin Tebow in there and lets see if we can make this into a positive instead of sticking with the BS crap from Sanchez now.....come on man.

Would not be at all surprised if the D was sick of the offense. Would not be at all surprised if that was going on for 3 or 4 years now. It's happened with the entire fanbase.

For realz...and just think, they have watch that monstrosity all week long. We only have to deal with them on Sunday. Could you imagine having to deal with that type of torture daily?

Just like I said, they curl up in the fetal position like a bunch of pussies. Pull their heads in their shell like scared turtles. The stature to react to adversity like this comes directly from their leadership... Rex, Sanchez, Bart, Cromartie and Holmes. These are the guys that set the tone for how to react to adversity.

Rex loses a game and he puts on this end of the world show for everyone to see, while making excuses for the loss instead of owning up to it and boasting that his guys are still better. Nice. How does that send the message of "we didn't do our job"? It doesn't. Instead it sends the message "we lost, but we are still better" which is a posture that enables guys like Sanchez to continue to sulk, and guys like Holmes to continue to neglect discipline and doing his JOB better than the other guy.

Soft.

Rex needs to put the onus on the players to do their ****ing jobs. Make them accountable. Stop enabling them, stop placating them, and stop trying to be their pal. Head coaches should command respect, the way these guys quit on games and neglect fundamentals like catching and tackling tells me they have no respect for their coach or themselves. What a collection of pigs.

This "I don't have the pulse of the team" issue seems to have picked up exactly where it left off last year... it's not about having their pulse, it's about having their respect. They need to fear Rex, no shrug him off like the cool Dad he's positioned himself as.

Zolack!

For realz...and just think, they have watch that monstrosity all week long. We only have to deal with them on Sunday. Could you imagine having to deal with that type of torture daily?

Truth. Last year Holmes was only acting out what we were all thinking.

Of course, he shouldn't have. But, he didn't feel any differently than most of us did.

Would not be at all surprised if the D was sick of the offense. Would not be at all surprised if that was going on for 3 or 4 years now. It's happened with the entire fanbase.

The D should be sick of themselves too with them living off of their 2009 coattails.

Only the Rex Jets could make an 8-8 season look like a 2-14 season. The Jets D quit well before the game got out of hand. They quit when Kapernick out-Tebowed Tebow in the 1st half.

This is Rogers being a douche bag. Why should he get left behind while the rest of the free world is criticizing us.

The JETS did not quit. It was 10-0 for a long time and could have been a lot closer if the JETS execute a few plays properly. He should just fell lucky he got a gift and move on.

Haha... you keep telling yourself that.

Archived