Why aren't we discussing...............................

Section 333

what is really important here?

I do not want to discuss Plaxico. I do not want to discuss Santonio. I do not want to discuss #24. I certainly do not want to discuss the bloodbath on Monday night. I am going to drink so much at the tailgate that at the end of the game I will think we scored 88 instead of our 2nd straight home shutout. ( has that ever been done before?)

What we should be talking about is the Colt game. Since Sanchez is starting Vs. Houston, and everyone in the world knows we will loose by 7 TD's, then there is little or no chance we see Tebow Vs the Colts. So to me that is the game that decides the fate of our friend from Long Beach. Feel free to call me complete dope for saying this. But here goes. I think we win the Colt game. I would think that our garbage D will have a hair of pride not to lose to a rookie QB at home.

If this is the case then we are 3-3 going into the Pat's game. Will probably be 1 game out of 1st at that time as NE will probably be 4-2. We all saw what Jesus did vs. NE last year. So we know we will see Sanchez at least for that game as well.

We all watch every snap or our train wreck of a team. So we plainly see that we would be a bad 3-3 team. But if you look at the potential record at the time of 3-3 that is something we all could have seen coming anyway. We have not lost a game we should have won, and have not won a game we should have lost. Look at the standings there are some bad teams around. And if you dont focus on the Jets ( like we all do) you may just blend them together with other mediocre teams.

So what I am saying is if Sanchez plays well Vs. the Colts, then we all still know we stink, but being 3-3 wouldn't you all at least be a little bit exited for the Pat's game? I am just trying to prevent myself from going into complete spiral. I live for this team and therefore still looking for a reason to stay positive. Anyone with me on this?

Thank you for your time Sincerely, Starter of Threads.

the schedule started hard and gets easier. the question is who will be left standing. at the rate they are losing key players, it's tough to get excited about this team.

I agree, but I guess my point of the thread is that I am overlooking the Houston game because after we get stomped, it does not change anything.

We're winning 10 games and people are going to feel mighty stupid come playoff time.

Not sure if this is sarcasm or optimism. ( I have my opinion) If its the latter then I love your optimism if not then I love your sarcasm.

Best case for 10 W's. Sanchez benefits from Holmes being out, and steps up as a leader. He should have known already but now he should know without a doubt this is ALL on him now.

I do not want to discuss Plaxico. I do not want to discuss Santonio. I do not want to discuss #24. I certainly do not want to discuss the bloodbath on Monday night. I am going to drink so much at the tailgate that at the end of the game I will think we scored 88 instead of our 2nd straight home shutout. ( has that ever been done before?)

What we should be talking about is the Colt game. Since Sanchez is starting Vs. Houston, and everyone in the world knows we will loose by 7 TD's, then there is little or no chance we see Tebow Vs the Colts. So to me that is the game that decides the fate of our friend from Long Beach. Feel free to call me complete dope for saying this. But here goes. I think we win the Colt game. I would think that our garbage D will have a hair of pride not to lose to a rookie QB at home.

If this is the case then we are 3-3 going into the Pat's game. Will probably be 1 game out of 1st at that time as NE will probably be 4-2. We all saw what Jesus did vs. NE last year. So we know we will see Sanchez at least for that game as well.

We all watch every snap or our train wreck of a team. So we plainly see that we would be a bad 3-3 team. But if you look at the potential record at the time of 3-3 that is something we all could have seen coming anyway. We have not lost a game we should have won, and have not won a game we should have lost. Look at the standings there are some bad teams around. And if you dont focus on the Jets ( like we all do) you may just blend them together with other mediocre teams.

So what I am saying is if Sanchez plays well Vs. the Colts, then we all still know we stink, but being 3-3 wouldn't you all at least be a little bit exited for the Pat's game? I am just trying to prevent myself from going into complete spiral. I live for this team and therefore still looking for a reason to stay positive. Anyone with me on this?

The sad thing is Sanchez didn't do much better against the Pats than Tebow did. It is going to be a long year

Not sure if this is sarcasm or optimism. ( I have my opinion) If its the latter then I love your optimism if not then I love your sarcasm.

Best case for 10 W's. Sanchez benefits from Holmes being out, and steps up as a leader. He should have known already but now he should know without a doubt this is ALL on him now.

You can't detect sarcasm? Who woulda thunk it?

The ones on our roster. Now that this team has its back against the wall, they will rise to the occasion and make the playoffs. Winning 8 more games isnt that difficult and we have the talent to do it. And the schedule is in our favor.

Tebow or not to Tebow?

Before the season, I thought coming out of the first 5 games at 2-3 was good. but I was not expecting to lose Revis and Holmes. Or the fact that Sanchez would continue to sh*t the bed as bad as he is. I knew he wasn't great, but I thought that maybe he could limit the turnovers. I was wrong.

The ones on our roster. Now that this team has its back against the wall, they will rise to the occasion and make the playoffs. Winning 8 more games isnt that difficult and we have the talent to do it. And the schedule is in our favor.

That isn't an answer. What good players are there on the roster other than Dbrick, Mangold, Moore and Cromarte?

I am glad that you are optimistic, but honestly, what evidence have you seen that makes this possible?

They have not been able to stop the run at all this season, and they have never been able to run it.

The schedule is not getting easier, with 2 against the Pats, Arizona and Seattle (do you really think we'll be able to move the ball against them?)

Right now,other than the Jagaurs and the Colts, I see no games where the Jets will be favorites. I hope you're right, but I just don't see anyway anyone could logically think that.

That isn't an answer. What good players are there on the roster other than Dbrick, Mangold, Moore and Cromarte?

Doesnt matter what good players are on our roster. What matters is how the players currently on the roster perform with their backs to the wall.

I have the utmost confidence in the players and coaching staff to turn this around and shove it up the fans and media's asses for calling them dead.

I am glad that you are optimistic, but honestly, what evidence have you seen that makes this possible?

They have not been able to stop the run at all this season, and they have never been able to run it.

The schedule is not getting easier, with 2 against the Pats, Arizona and Seattle (do you really think we'll be able to move the ball against them?)

Right now,other than the Jagaurs and the Colts, I see no games where the Jets will be favorites. I hope you're right, but I just don't see anyway anyone could logically think that.

Each week and each game is different. Have we sucked for the past 10 quarters? Yes. Terribly. But we have the coaches and players who can devise a gameplan and execute the plan to beat just about any team. A season isnt over after 4 games. With 12 games left, we need to win 8. I think we can do it. Guys are playing/coaching for their careers right now. The fun and games are over. I expect a huge change in attitude and execution over the coming games. Will it be pretty? Will it be dominating? No. But we'll do enough to win.

Not so fast....remember we are the masters of the intangibles.....don't be surprised if we come out like gang-busters, kick the living crap out of the Texans up and down the field....can you imagine what that statement would do and mean to us and the perception of our team....

Each week and each game is different. Have we sucked for the past 10 quarters? Yes. Terribly. But we have the coaches and players who can devise a gameplan and execute the plan to beat just about any team. A season isnt over after 4 games. With 12 games left, we need to win 8. I think we can do it. Guys are playing/coaching for their careers right now. The fun and games are over. I expect a huge change in attitude and execution over the coming games. Will it be pretty? Will it be dominating? No. But we'll do enough to win.

Dude I couldn't agree more!

Doesnt matter what good players are on our roster. What matters is how the players currently on the roster perform with their backs to the wall.

I have the utmost confidence in the players and coaching staff to turn this around and shove it up the fans and media's asses for calling them dead.

I am voting for you!

Well some of us saw that in the first Denver - NE game Tebow was 11 of 22 for 194 yds and rushed for 93 yds with 2 tds. BTW the score was 23-41 which was closer than either of the Jets - NE games.

In the playoff game Brady had 5 td passes in the first half, 6 in the game so Tebow was stuck launching bombs trying to catch up. I don't think there are many teams that could overcome that kind of defensive meltdown, of course you probably blame Tebow for not summoning lightning bolts to knock down Brady's passes. :roll:

Well some of us saw that in the first Denver - NE game Tebow was 11 of 22 for 194 yds and rushed for 93 yds with 2 tds. BTW the score was 23-41 which was closer than either of the Jets - NE games.

In the playoff game Brady had 5 td passes in the first half, 6 in the game so Tebow was stuck launching bombs trying to catch up. I don't think there are many teams that could overcome that kind of defensive meltdown, of course you probably blame Tebow for not summoning lightning bolts to knock down Brady's passes. :roll:

You are entirely too simple!! You are giving Jesus an out because the team was down. Did you give sanchez an out vs. San fran last Sunday???? Did you say Sanchez played poorly because we were down 17-0 early in the 2nd half?

What were Ryan Fitzpatrick's numbers like in the blowout this year in week 1? Teams up big go into prevent. Most of the time QB's throw for 400 yards it is in a loosing effort. Jesus was 9-26 for 136 Yards while throwing into ****ing prevent defense.

You are entirely too simple!! You are giving Jesus an out because the team was down. Did you give sanchez an out vs. San fran last Sunday???? Did you say Sanchez played poorly because we were down 17-0 early in the 2nd half?

What were Ryan Fitzpatrick's numbers like in the blowout this year in week 1? Teams up big go into prevent. Most of the time QB's throw for 400 yards it is in a loosing effort. Jesus was 9-26 for 136 Yards while throwing into ****ing prevent defense.

No, I was responding to your quote about what you saw, obviously all your selective memory saw was 2 losses (or as you would say looses) to the Pats. Less biased fans would note that NE made a lot of teams look bad over the past decade, including the Jets.Of course many of these fans also didn't brag about booing Tebow the first time he ever came on the field as a Jet.

To your other rants:

1) Calling Tebow "Jesus" only makes you look childish. He has never claimed to be Jesus and would consider himself blasphemous if he did. He does feel an obligation to honor him and I respect that even though I am not a Christian and I admire that in his actions he has shown that he is sincere. Many other athletes have done the same thing and not been as harshly judged.

2) Though I am a Tebow fan, I have been supportive of Sanchez, I thought he looked very good in the preseason and Buffalo game and felt that this past week he got no help at all from his receivers.

3) Again I didn't say Sanchez played poorly but, like Tebow in the second game last against NE, once the Jets were down by 17 Sanchez was forced to attempt more low percentage type throws.

If you read my previous posts you would see that I have always said that Sanchez was playing well enough that I felt he should be the starter and I still agree that he is the better passer.

However, at this point in the season with Holmes gone and a general lack of reliablilty from the other receivers and lineman I believe Tebow is better suited to physically handle the challenge of playing with the current talent.

No, I was responding to your quote about what you saw, obviously all your selective memory saw was 2 losses (or as you would say looses) to the Pats. Less biased fans would note that NE made a lot of teams look bad over the past decade, including the Jets.Of course many of these fans also didn't brag about booing Tebow the first time he ever came on the field as a Jet.

To your other rants:

1) Calling Tebow "Jesus" only makes you look childish. He has never claimed to be Jesus and would consider himself blasphemous if he did. He does feel an obligation to honor him and I respect that even though I am not a Christian and I admire that in his actions he has shown that he is sincere. Many other athletes have done the same thing and not been as harshly judged.

2) Though I am a Tebow fan, I have been supportive of Sanchez, I thought he looked very good in the preseason and Buffalo game and felt that this past week he got no help at all from his receivers.

3) Again I didn't say Sanchez played poorly but, like Tebow in the second game last against NE, once the Jets were down by 17 Sanchez was forced to attempt more low percentage type throws.

If you read my previous posts you would see that I have always said that Sanchez was playing well enough that I felt he should be the starter and I still agree that he is the better passer.

However, at this point in the season with Holmes gone and a general lack of reliablilty from the other receivers and lineman I believe Tebow is better suited to physically handle the challenge of playing with the current talent.

I can care less what you admire. I can care less what you consider childish.

I most certainly did not brag about booing. Myself and others did boo because we did not want to see Sanchez come out at that time in the game.

I do however thank you for the spelling/grammar lesson.

Archived