•  

Photo
- - - - -

Why aren't we discussing...............................

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Section 333

Section 333

Starter of Threads

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

what is really important here?

I do not want to discuss Plaxico. I do not want to discuss Santonio. I do not want to discuss #24. I certainly do not want to discuss the bloodbath on Monday night. I am going to drink so much at the tailgate that at the end of the game I will think we scored 88 instead of our 2nd straight home shutout. ( has that ever been done before?)

What we should be talking about is the Colt game. Since Sanchez is starting Vs. Houston, and everyone in the world knows we will loose by 7 TD's, then there is little or no chance we see Tebow Vs the Colts. So to me that is the game that decides the fate of our friend from Long Beach. Feel free to call me complete dope for saying this. But here goes. I think we win the Colt game. I would think that our garbage D will have a hair of pride not to lose to a rookie QB at home.

If this is the case then we are 3-3 going into the Pat's game. Will probably be 1 game out of 1st at that time as NE will probably be 4-2. We all saw what Jesus did vs. NE last year. So we know we will see Sanchez at least for that game as well.

We all watch every snap or our train wreck of a team. So we plainly see that we would be a bad 3-3 team. But if you look at the potential record at the time of 3-3 that is something we all could have seen coming anyway. We have not lost a game we should have won, and have not won a game we should have lost. Look at the standings there are some bad teams around. And if you dont focus on the Jets ( like we all do) you may just blend them together with other mediocre teams.

So what I am saying is if Sanchez plays well Vs. the Colts, then we all still know we stink, but being 3-3 wouldn't you all at least be a little bit exited for the Pat's game? I am just trying to prevent myself from going into complete spiral. I live for this team and therefore still looking for a reason to stay positive. Anyone with me on this?

Thank you for your time Sincerely, Starter of Threads.
Posted Image

#2 Jetfire

Jetfire

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

Never let the fire go out! Too bad for us it looks like our team has.

#3 Section 333

Section 333

Starter of Threads

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

Never let the fire go out! Too bad for us it looks like our team has.

I know I won't. As for the team not sure yet. I do not believe we "quit" last week. Just outplayed by the potential NFC champ.
Posted Image

#4 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,775 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

the schedule started hard and gets easier. the question is who will be left standing. at the rate they are losing key players, it's tough to get excited about this team.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#5 Section 333

Section 333

Starter of Threads

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:08 PM

the schedule started hard and gets easier. the question is who will be left standing. at the rate they are losing key players, it's tough to get excited about this team.

I agree, but I guess my point of the thread is that I am overlooking the Houston game because after we get stomped, it does not change anything.
Posted Image

#6 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

pumba lookin ass- Chris Ivory

• Members
  • 22,727 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:39 PM

We're winning 10 games and people are going to feel mighty stupid come playoff time.
When the weight of the world has got you down And you want to end your life,Bills to pay, a dead-end job,And problems with the wife.But don't throw in the tow'l,'Cuz there's a place right down the block...Where you can drink your misery away...At Flaming Moe's.... (Let's all go to Flaming Moe's...)When liquor in a mug (Let's all go to Flaming Moe's...)Can warm you like a hug. (Flaming Moe's...)And happiness is just a Flaming Moe away...

#7 Section 333

Section 333

Starter of Threads

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:52 PM

We're winning 10 games and people are going to feel mighty stupid come playoff time.

Not sure if this is sarcasm or optimism. ( I have my opinion) If its the latter then I love your optimism if not then I love your sarcasm.

Best case for 10 W's. Sanchez benefits from Holmes being out, and steps up as a leader. He should have known already but now he should know without a doubt this is ALL on him now.
Posted Image

#8 Integrity28

Integrity28

I love it when Idzik's plan comes together.

• Members
  • 32,904 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:19 AM

You used about 375 more words than were necessary.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#9 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:36 AM

What good players are they going to win 10 games with?
Tank for Teddy.

#10 Lizard King

Lizard King

Perpetual Mediocrity

• Members
  • 5,148 posts
  • LocationThe Himalayas

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:08 AM

The fact is that you will see why a franchise QB with no weapons > GQ QB with no more weapons

We lose to the colts and it will not even be close.

Edited by BleedGreen314, 04 October 2012 - 07:09 AM.

#11 catfish

catfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:20 AM

what is really important here?

I do not want to discuss Plaxico. I do not want to discuss Santonio. I do not want to discuss #24. I certainly do not want to discuss the bloodbath on Monday night. I am going to drink so much at the tailgate that at the end of the game I will think we scored 88 instead of our 2nd straight home shutout. ( has that ever been done before?)

What we should be talking about is the Colt game. Since Sanchez is starting Vs. Houston, and everyone in the world knows we will loose by 7 TD's, then there is little or no chance we see Tebow Vs the Colts. So to me that is the game that decides the fate of our friend from Long Beach. Feel free to call me complete dope for saying this. But here goes. I think we win the Colt game. I would think that our garbage D will have a hair of pride not to lose to a rookie QB at home.

If this is the case then we are 3-3 going into the Pat's game. Will probably be 1 game out of 1st at that time as NE will probably be 4-2. We all saw what Jesus did vs. NE last year. So we know we will see Sanchez at least for that game as well.

We all watch every snap or our train wreck of a team. So we plainly see that we would be a bad 3-3 team. But if you look at the potential record at the time of 3-3 that is something we all could have seen coming anyway. We have not lost a game we should have won, and have not won a game we should have lost. Look at the standings there are some bad teams around. And if you dont focus on the Jets ( like we all do) you may just blend them together with other mediocre teams.

So what I am saying is if Sanchez plays well Vs. the Colts, then we all still know we stink, but being 3-3 wouldn't you all at least be a little bit exited for the Pat's game? I am just trying to prevent myself from going into complete spiral. I live for this team and therefore still looking for a reason to stay positive. Anyone with me on this?

Thank you for your time Sincerely, Starter of Threads.

The sad thing is Sanchez didn't do much better against the Pats than Tebow did. It is going to be a long year

#12 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts
  • LocationThe Hall of Doom

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:24 AM

How many dots?

Posted Image

#13 Section 333

Section 333

Starter of Threads

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:31 AM

I was in the process of coming up with a snappy comeback. Then I realized you may be right.

How many dots?

Posted Image

#14 Integrity28

Integrity28

I love it when Idzik's plan comes together.

• Members
  • 32,904 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:32 AM

Not sure if this is sarcasm or optimism. ( I have my opinion) If its the latter then I love your optimism if not then I love your sarcasm.

Best case for 10 W's. Sanchez benefits from Holmes being out, and steps up as a leader. He should have known already but now he should know without a doubt this is ALL on him now.

You can't detect sarcasm? Who woulda thunk it?

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#15 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:35 AM

I was in the process of coming up with a snappy comeback. Then I realized you may be right.

Don't feed the monkey.

Posted Image

#16 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

• Members
  • 22,727 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:43 AM

What good players are they going to win 10 games with?

The ones on our roster. Now that this team has its back against the wall, they will rise to the occasion and make the playoffs. Winning 8 more games isnt that difficult and we have the talent to do it. And the schedule is in our favor.
When the weight of the world has got you down And you want to end your life,Bills to pay, a dead-end job,And problems with the wife.But don't throw in the tow'l,'Cuz there's a place right down the block...Where you can drink your misery away...At Flaming Moe's.... (Let's all go to Flaming Moe's...)When liquor in a mug (Let's all go to Flaming Moe's...)Can warm you like a hug. (Flaming Moe's...)And happiness is just a Flaming Moe away...

#17 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:47 AM

The ones on our roster. Now that this team has its back against the wall, they will rise to the occasion and make the playoffs. Winning 8 more games isnt that difficult and we have the talent to do it. And the schedule is in our favor.

Tebow or not to Tebow?

Posted Image

#18 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

• Members
  • 22,727 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:50 AM

Tebow or not to Tebow?

1/2 Tebow. 1/2 Sanchez.

Like the way they should have been used all along.

#19 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

1/2 Tebow. 1/2 Sanchez.

Like the way they should have been used all along.

I think Mark should do all the running, and Tebow the throwing.

I call it, The Schotty Surprise!

Posted Image

#20 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

• Members
  • 22,727 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:23 AM

I think Mark should do all the running, and Tebow the throwing.

I call it, The Schotty Surprise!

Posted Image

#21 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:24 AM

:)

Posted Image

#22 Beaver

Beaver

Blue Falcon

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • LocationThe South

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:27 AM

Before the season, I thought coming out of the first 5 games at 2-3 was good. but I was not expecting to lose Revis and Holmes. Or the fact that Sanchez would continue to sh*t the bed as bad as he is. I knew he wasn't great, but I thought that maybe he could limit the turnovers. I was wrong.
RLTW

#23 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:44 AM

That isn't an answer. What good players are there on the roster other than Dbrick, Mangold, Moore and Cromarte?
Tank for Teddy.

#24 NorthCoastJetsFan

NorthCoastJetsFan

Senior Igloo Engineer

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:52 AM

I am glad that you are optimistic, but honestly, what evidence have you seen that makes this possible?

They have not been able to stop the run at all this season, and they have never been able to run it.

The schedule is not getting easier, with 2 against the Pats, Arizona and Seattle (do you really think we'll be able to move the ball against them?)

Right now,other than the Jagaurs and the Colts, I see no games where the Jets will be favorites. I hope you're right, but I just don't see anyway anyone could logically think that.

#25 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

• Members
  • 22,727 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:54 AM

That isn't an answer. What good players are there on the roster other than Dbrick, Mangold, Moore and Cromarte?

Doesnt matter what good players are on our roster. What matters is how the players currently on the roster perform with their backs to the wall.

I have the utmost confidence in the players and coaching staff to turn this around and shove it up the fans and media's asses for calling them dead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users