Players Jets should consider in the 1st Round of 2013

RyanBe_Tebowing

After watching our first 4 games, the only thing I'm excited for is the draft, considering we'll most likely have a pretty high pick. So I've made a premature short list of the players I want. Make it happen Tanny (or whoevers are GM come draft day :winking0001: )

1. Geno Smith QB WVU - If Sanchez continues playing this bad and Tebow is equally bad, we could be looking at a long season. We'd probably have to have a top 5 pick to get Geno if he continues his play. With Revis and Holmes done for the season I wouldn't rule that possibility out.

2. Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia - It seems every draft for the past 4 years were in need of a pass rusher. Jones is the perfect fit for the Jets considering he's one of the best, if not THE best pass rusher in the nation while playing OLB in a 3-4 defense at Georgia. (No College DE to NFL OLB transition). Since pass rush is such a big deal in NFL nowadays I can't see him falling out of the top 10. ( I know Gato's gonna love this guy come April)

3. Barkevious Mingo OLB LSU - If Jones is not available at our pick, it's all good. Mingo is most likely the BPRA (to clarify I mean BPA as in Best Pass Rusher available) after Jarvis Jones in the upcoming draft. He's also a great fit for the 3-4 defense.

4. Marcus Lattimore RB SC - Greene sucks. (had to get that in there)

5. Justin Hunter WR Tennessee - I don't like Holmes. I know its nearly impossible to dump him but I want him gone. He is NOT a #1 WR and is an overpaid slot receiver. I'd love this move, Hill at 6'4" 215 lbs on one side and Hunter 6'4" 200 lbs on the other with Kerley in the slot. That's weapons baby.

6. Manti Te'o ILB Notre Dame - Scotts old and slow. Te'o is a beast, and is the best ILB prospect coming out of the draft this year.

So there you have it. ILB, RB, WR, OLB, QB. Knowing the Jets, they'll probably "play to win the game" and knock us out of position to get a high draft pick. Oh well, already excited for the draft. "Can't Wait"

Jarvis Jones >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Geno Smith

I'm going to say it now...Geno Smith won't even be a top 3 QB prospect by the time Combine season rolls around. Not unless possibles stay in school.

Jarvis Jones is a beast. But, I'm gonna have to disagree with you about Geno Smith. You going all out and changing your avi for Jones this draft?

That's too much work. Anyway, I can only morph my avatar for two hours before it becomes a nothlit.

Other pass rushers and/or potential top two round picks that make sense:

Dion Jordan Oregon - Arguably the highest upside defensive player in the draft.

Sam Montgomery LSU

Alex Okafor Texas

Trevor Fredericks G Wisconsin

Jonathan Cooper G UNC

Chance Warmack G Alabama

Tyler Bray QB Tenn.

Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas

CJ Mosley ILB/LB Alabama

Tyler Eifert TE ND

Alvin Bailey G Ark

That's too much work. Anyway, I can only morph my avatar for two hours before it becomes a nothlit.

Other pass rushers and/or potential top two round picks that make sense:

Dion Jordan Oregon - Arguably the highest upside defensive player in the draft.

Sam Montgomery LSU

Alex Okafor Texas

Trevor Fredericks G Wisconsin

Jonathan Cooper G UNC

Chance Warmack G Alabama

Tyler Bray QB Tenn.

Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas

CJ Mosley ILB/LB Alabama

Tyler Eifert TE ND

Alvin Bailey G Ark

I like where your heads at with the guards, especially since Moores probably gone next year and Slauson isn't that great

The Big 12 also sucks.

OG and OLB make the most sense for this team in this draft IMO. A big TE prospect like Eifert or Michael Williams later would also be welcome.

Yea I completely forgot about guards on my list but that's probably a 2nd round pick. I'd say OLB, OG, RB, TE, QB, ILB, and WR because I want Holmes outta here

The Big 12 also sucks.

OG and OLB make the most sense for this team in this draft IMO. A big TE prospect like Eifert or Michael Williams later would also be welcome.

Yea I completely forgot about guards on my list but that's probably a 2nd round pick. I'd say OLB, OG, RB, TE, QB, ILB, and WR because I want Holmes outta here

If he doesn't go back to FSU as a redshirt senior, Brandon Jenkins is someone to definitely target. Kid has top half of the first round potential and could end up closer to pick 45 or so due to missing the entire year with a lisfranc sprain. If we miss on Mingo or Jones, which I think we will seeing as we won't have a top ten pick, I don't dislike the idea of cutting Harris, drafting Te'io and then Jenkins or whatever OLB with our second or vice versa, then going OG with the next however many. I think we need to come away with an OLB who can provide consistent, non-schemed, pressure and an ILB who can actually close on the ball-carrier and drop back in coverage. Preferably you grab an OLB with your first, as these pass-rushers do not really fall out of the top 15 or so.

Archived