Sanchez sucks.

Sperm Edwards

Sanchez is a mediocre, inconsistent QB that has moments of excellence and moments of utter crap. With a good team around him, he'll be a good QB. At least godd enough. You can't put a team on his shoulders though. He doesn't have that intangible. Even Pennington had the ability to rally his troops. Mark doesn't. And he also doesn't have troops. There isn't a single game breaker anywhere near this lineup. not a deep threat, not a steady threat, not a clutch threat. Nothing. i watch Chaz Schilens get jammed at the line and wiggle until the play is half over. He actually got pushed out of bounds without ever getting into a route on one play. Clyde Gates is a late-cut castoff who would be a special teams player (maybe) on most squads. Of course he's out injured. The other hill kid has been on this team for less than a week and he's seeing snaps. And dropping the football. No Keller. No receiving threat out of the backfield. Tim Tebow running onto the field after every third down conversion. No running game. Still, a crappy Sanchez put up 230 yds and ran a nice no-huddle. But he's not a special QB. He's just a QB,. And the offensive issues are systemic and due to a lack of overall talent. These guys are not good. Sanchez looked like a player when he had Braylon, Holmes and Cotchery, When he had Damien Woody and LT catching out of the backfield and a healthy Dustin Keller. Now he looks like a turd. To say our team sucks because Sanchez isn't good enough enough is like saying the spice Girls sucked because Mel B. needed a better hair style. Some times the whole entire thing is just a muddy, confused jumble of absolute fail. Like the burning of time outs because no one knew where to line up. Or having Cumberland and a cornerback as your biggest receiving threats. The whole thing is just rank and awful. Sanchez isn't such a steaming pile. The entire squad is a steaming pile. Mark is just a bit of corn and a half a peanut embedded in it.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sanchez is a mediocre, inconsistent QB that has moments of excellence and moments of utter crap. With a good team around him, he'll be a good QB. At least godd enough. You can't put a team on his shoulders though. He doesn't have that intangible. Even Pennington had the ability to rally his troops. Mark doesn't. And he also doesn't have troops. There isn't a single game breaker anywhere near this lineup. not a deep threat, not a steady threat, not a clutch threat. Nothing. i watch Chaz Schilens get jammed at the line and wiggle until the play is half over. He actually got pushed out of bounds without ever getting into a route on one play. Clyde Gates is a late-cut castoff who would be a special teams player (maybe) on most squads. Of course he's out injured. The other hill kid has been on this team for less than a week and he's seeing snaps. And dropping the football. No Keller. No receiving threat out of the backfield. Tim Tebow running onto the field after every third down conversion. No running game. Still, a crappy Sanchez put up 230 yds and ran a nice no-huddle. But he's not a special QB. He's just a QB,. And the offensive issues are systemic and due to a lack of overall talent. These guys are not good. Sanchez looked like a player when he had Braylon, Holmes and Cotchery, When he had Damien Woody and LT catching out of the backfield and a healthy Dustin Keller. Now he looks like a turd. To say our team sucks because Sanchez isn't good enough enough is like saying the spice Girls sucked because Mel B. needed a better hair style. Some times the whole entire thing is just a muddy, confused jumble of absolute fail. Like the burning of time outs because no one knew where to line up. Or having Cumberland and a cornerback as your biggest receiving threats. The whole thing is just rank and awful. Sanchez isn't such a steaming pile. The entire squad is a steaming pile. Mark is just a bit of corn and a half a peanut embedded in it.

Everyone was open today and Sanchez missed a wide open "deep threat" for a sure TD. Also Schilens was wide open in the endzone for yet another TD when he had that pass tipped at the end of the first half.

You're too much caught up with the receivers' names. I don't think much of them but tonight they played well enough for him to win. Between the Cromartie missed TD, the Schilens missed TD, and the resulting FG after the Schilens TD was missed for a near pick-6, Sanchez cost the team 17 points all by himself (14 for the Jets and gave Houston 3). Could also argue if not for those missed TDs we wouldn't have tried the onside kick and that led to another easy 3 points for Houston there as well.

All these plays don't just get kept isolated. He's gotten way too many free passes from the fans and the coaching staff and the front office.

Run defense gave up 1 TD. Sanchez gave up 2.

Foster could've walked into the endzone. That TD was directly on the run defense.

Sanchez didn't directly give up two TDs in any form.

Jets are 31st in run defense, giving up 860 yards in 5 games.

Only the Saints have allowed more (864 yards)

Jets came into tonight tied for last, and actually moved up to 31st in the NFL after only giving up 169 yards this time.

In other words, the Jets run defense stepped it up tonight, and showed that they aren't the worst, just the 31st best....

BD

Everyone was open today and Sanchez missed a wide open "deep threat" for a sure TD. Also Schilens was wide open in the endzone for yet another TD when he had that pass tipped at the end of the first half.

You're too much caught up with the receivers' names. I don't think much of them but tonight they played well enough for him to win. Between the Cromartie missed TD, the Schilens missed TD, and the resulting FG after the Schilens TD was missed for a near pick-6, Sanchez cost the team 17 points all by himself (14 for the Jets and gave Houston 3). Could also argue if not for those missed TDs we wouldn't have tried the onside kick and that led to another easy 3 points for Houston there as well.

All these plays don't just get kept isolated. He's gotten way too many free passes from the fans and the coaching staff and the front office.

If it was Tim Tebow doing the exact same thing, the exact same fans would be ballistic. If it was Braylon and Santonio at Wideout it would be well Santonio is a malcontent and both drop so many passes he can't trust them. If Greene was averaging 4 something a carry and getting 20+ carries, it would be because they aren't letting Sanchez grow...too obsessed with ground and pound.

Did I forget anything? Oh yeah, Sparano (or Shotty) is holding him back with awful play calling. Oh and Tebow ruins his rhythm. It's never poor Sanchez's fault. Ever.

Foster could've walked into the endzone. That TD was directly on the run defense.

Jets came into tonight tied for last, and actually moved up to 31st in the NFL after only giving up 169 yards this time.....

BD

That awful defense played great down the stretch when put in crap situations.

You're under the mistaken notion that I'm defending him. I'm not. I wouldn't if i could. His tipped passes have been an issue since the first day he put on green and white. Drew Brees leads the league in that category over a five year span by the way. But Brees is special. Sanchez isn't. What i'm getting at is there are few QB's who caould have led this team team to victory tonight. Brees, Brady, Big Ben, maybe the Manning brothers. No one on this roster can make up for the crap talent on this offense though. Shilens was open on a play. But that's rare. So is Sanchez looking for him on a regular basis? No. Cromartie? Gimmick. Hill? no repoir. Cumberland? Shonne stonehands Greene? Where is the Wes Welker, Victor Cruz, Arian Foster, Megatron, Mike Wallace, McCoy, Ray rice, Gronkowski, Antnonio Gates, etc. of this offense? There isn't any. not even close. Tannenbaum has built an old, slow overpaid, underperforming team. And Rex has spent all his picks on Defensive lineman that can't pressure the QB or stop the run. This is a poorly built football team. Sanchez is just a part and parcel to it.

Once again we saw back-breaking turnovers when the game was stil winnable. You saw him fail to duck the rush, As a point of comparison Shaub never panicked, dumped off when ever he had nobody open ro saw the play break downa round him. You also saw Sanchez POINTLESSLY waste 2 timeouts on 1st down plays bothj involving Tebow. Jusr run the play, MORON.We needed those timeouts at the end. And you clued in any defenders who might;ve gone to sleep on Tebow being in the game. In short, you cannot change stupid.

Jets came into tonight tied for last, and actually moved up to 31st in the NFL after only giving up 169 yards this time.

In other words, the Jets run defense stepped it up tonight, and showed that they aren't the worst, just the 31st best....

BD

Leaving 2 TDs on the field is the same as giving up 2 TDs. Sanchez did that very thing (plus the free 3 points at the end of the first half).

You're under the mistaken notion that I'm defending him. I'm not. I wouldn't if i could. His tipped passes have been an issue since the first day he put on green and white. Drew Brees leads the league in that category over a five year span by the way. But Brees is special. Sanchez isn't. What i'm getting at is there are few QB's who caould have led this team team to victory tonight. Brees, Brady, Big Ben, maybe the Manning brothers. No one on this roster can make up for the crap talent on this offense though. Shilens was open on a play. But that's rare. So is Sanchez looking for him on a regular basis? No. Cromartie? Gimmick. Hill? no repoir. Cumberland? Shonne stonehands Greene? Where is the Wes Welker, Victor Cruz, Arian Foster, Megatron, Mike Wallace, McCoy, Ray rice, Gronkowski, Antnonio Gates, etc. of this offense? There isn't any. not even close. Tannenbaum has built an old, slow overpaid, underperforming team. And Rex has spent all his picks on Defensive lineman that can't pressure the QB or stop the run. This is a poorly built football team. Sanchez is just a part and parcel to it.

I dunno, THAT TURNOVER was somewhere between a 6 to 10 point swing that an adequate QB doesn't do.The Jets ar poorly built. Basically Tannebaum's drafts have yielded Revis. Magold, Birck, Harris and....you tell me. A lot of JAGs and worse spare Revis, Brick and Nick.

Fair enough. But Schilens was the intended target and no one was within 10 yards of him, standing all alone in the endzone on busted coverage. That's when Sanchez threw the tipped pass that came back the other way for 3. 10 points right there. Cromartie was another sure 7 points. Zero chance the QBs you mentioned would have missed that.

With Sanchez it's missed and by next game forgotten about. For decent QBs that same play is a highlight reel and ESPN fawns over QB and WR (CB in this case) alike.

I don't think it takes a Drew Brees or Tom Brady or any of the QBs you mentioned to put up points in one or both of those situations. Either one would have been the difference in final score changing a loss into a win. Again.

Once again we saw back-breaking turnovers when the game was stil winnable. You saw him fail to duck the rush, As a point of comparison Shaub never panicked, dumped off when ever he had nobody open ro saw the play break downa round him. You also saw Sanchez POINTLESSLY waste 2 timeouts on 1st down plays bothj involving Tebow. Jusr run the play, MORON.We needed those timeouts at the end. And you clued in any defenders who might;ve gone to sleep on Tebow being in the game. In short, you cannot change stupid.

Dumped off to Arian Foster. One of the best backs in the league. We have Shonne Greene.

The time out was on Sparano. Not a single player knew where to line up. Rex blamed the new kid Hill, saying he hasn't been here long enough to know what to do in the wildcat and got thrown in when Clyde Gates (yes The Clyde Gates) got hurt. The Wildcat is a failure. Sparano's failure. Or Woody "you can't get enough Tebow" Johnson's. Also, Sanchez sucks. but not for the reasons you listed above.

Dumped off to Arian Foster. One of the best backs in the league. We have Shonne Greene.

The time out was on Sparano. Not a single player knew where to line up. Rex blamed the new kid Hill, saying he hasn't been here long enough to know what to do in the wildcat and got thrown in when Clyde Gates (yes The Clyde Gates) got hurt. The Wildcat is a failure. Sparano's failure. Or Woody "you can't get enough Tebow" Johnson's. Also, Sanchez sucks. but not for the reasons you listed above.

sorry-a play has to be run instead of 2 times wasting timeouts.Both were on 1st down. That's on the QB. And when I said dump off I meant throwing it away. The lack of a decent running attack is a problem, but blaming the OL, the receivers, the coaches, it's all crap. Sanchez sucks.

sorry-a play has to be run instead of 2 times wasting timeouts.Both were on 1st down. That's on the QB. And when I said dump off I meant throwing it away. The lack of a decent running attack is a problem, but blaming the OL, the receivers, the coaches, it's all crap. Sanchez sucks.

OK. i took dump-off to mean finding a hot-route or a back. Totlly agree that those TO's were inexcusable. Problem is....who calls it? Tebow and Sanchez are both on the field. Who's the QB? Who's mis-aligned? seemed to me that no-one knew. It was all a heaping crap sandwich. Sanchez was the pickle on the side. And maybe the cole-slaw. cole-slaw left out of the fridge overnight but served anyway. that kind of cole-slaw.

The worst part now is haveing to listen to or read about Rex's "Alternate Reality" interviews and press conferences. It is like listening to politicians. Any resemblance to the truth is completely unintended. Rex, please explain the completion percentage, the inaccuracy, the blocked passes, the fumbles, the dives...Rex, please---just a teensy weensy bit of honesty........

OH, SE, in your never ending attempt to oversimplify things and your uncanny ability to see blood in the water, you miss the bigger point.

It is the JETS that suck, not just Sanchez. In the same way that you villify Sanchez alone, points can easily be made in equal venon that:

-The Jet Run D SUCKS

-The Jet Run O SUCKS

-The Jet play calling on offense SUCKS

-The Jet Pass Rush SUCKS

And Yes, Sanchez sucks.

But, do not make him the sole figure in this cesspool that is called a team. It is inaccurate and unfair.

At the end of the day,it does not matter because the end product is hard to watch. But don't miss the bigger picture. And these are just the on the field issues. The BIGGER issues may in fact reside off the field.

This is one pathetic thread.

I saw two QBs play last night.

They both made about the same number of good and bad throws.

The difference was what was around the two QBs last night, not the QBs.

Schaub still had his #1, #2 WR and his starting TE. Sanchez had backups in all those spots but still kept the game close.

Good point. And we also don't have a Watt or Barwin at this point. Our pass rush looks non existent right now.

Fair enough. But Schilens was the intended target and no one was within 10 yards of him, standing all alone in the endzone on busted coverage. That's when Sanchez threw the tipped pass that came back the other way for 3. 10 points right there. Cromartie was another sure 7 points. Zero chance the QBs you mentioned would have missed that.

With Sanchez it's missed and by next game forgotten about. For decent QBs that same play is a highlight reel and ESPN fawns over QB and WR (CB in this case) alike.

I don't think it takes a Drew Brees or Tom Brady or any of the QBs you mentioned to put up points in one or both of those situations. Either one would have been the difference in final score changing a loss into a win. Again.

How do you throw a tipped pass ?? When a QB sees a receiver he throws the ball to him if a Defensive lineman is lining up the throw theres not much a QB can do to suggest otherwise is moronic and ridiculous. JJ Watt is probably the best in the NFL at batting down passes Sanchez is not thew only QB to deal with this. Stop making stupid arguements to blame Sanchez for everything.

I would be willing to bet the ball that hit Cumberland in both hands (every good TE should make that catch) and was tipped into the defenders hands was Sanchez fault as well ?

This is one pathetic thread.

I saw two QBs play last night.

They both made about the same number of good and bad throws.

The difference was what was around the two QBs last night, not the QBs.

Well when one team has a RB that can rush for 150 + yards and get constant pressure on your QB and bat down passes .....As a Jet fan with no brains the solution is easy just blame it all on Sanchez

This is why Rex is a terrible coach (as much as I love him). This answer alone is benchworthy. Belicheck benches Sanchez, so does Parcells. If only to see if you could refocus this complete fool. While still getting a chance to see if Tebow gives your team a better shot to win.

Rex needs to go Tannenbaum needs to go, Sparano, Cavanaugh, Sutton, Pettine ALL of them need to be gone but Woody Johnson is too preoccupied with trying to get a guy elected president to worry about such inconsequential and meaningless things like his hobby of owning the Jets. One thing I have learned from watching this election cycle is this: being a multi millionaire does NOT mean you have to be smart to acquire that wealth and with Johnson all he had to do was pop out of his mother's womb.

How do you throw a tipped pass ?? When a QB sees a receiver he throws the ball to him if a Defensive lineman is lining up the throw theres not much a QB can do to suggest otherwise is moronic and ridiculous. JJ Watt is probably the best in the NFL at batting down passes Sanchez is not thew only QB to deal with this. Stop making stupid arguements to blame Sanchez for everything.

I would be willing to bet the ball that hit Cumberland in both hands (every good TE should make that catch) and was tipped into the defenders hands was Sanchez fault as well ?

It's amazing anyone completes a pass against the mighty Texans!

They showed on replays everyone knows where Sanchez is throwing and how easy it was to time his release with this dufus and his stare-downs. Then Sanchez the "leader" has the temerity to blame his teammates for his batted and tipped passes.

"Constant pressure"?

lol

yeah pretty much what game were you watching ? Also on the tipped pass he looked left and the middle of the field had 3 Jets receivers bunched up where else did you expect Sanchez to look ?

When a QB finds his receiver and throws the football I would think his concentration is getting the ball to the receiver how in that split second could you possibly even begin to think a QB could avoid a tipped pass ?

The main problem with inaccuracy is Sanchez never ever seems to get in a rhythm and thats not just on him its on the entire offense. He has no play action because no one worries about stopping our 2.5 yard juggernaut of a running game .

Archived