Sanchez sucks.

Sperm Edwards

The funny thing is, his passes this year were perfect. Its impossible to see if he's improved without giving him the chances. One snap at QB today? right up the middle for 2 yards... that sh*t is getting old! I feel bad for the kid. Not saying he needs to start, but he's got to get more opportunities.

he's a full second slower on release and id even more inaccurate than sanchise

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That post is the first time this year I've said Mcelroys name hahah.. The point is it was the first time I wondered what a different coach and QB could do.

Tebow might energize the team but he simply doesn't pass well enough to win a championship. It really is embarrassing they've only allowed him to throw 2 passes on offense all year. They know he sucks.

Tebow is a player, not a practice model.. I know it doesn't make sense, but he has proven he can win with his arm, with the right circumstances and environment, he has even proven he is willing to do whatever to help create a good environment..which goes a long way toward winning..some say *everything*. And albeit college, he has won championships with his arm..a few of them. More than Sanchez.

I gave up on Sanchez this game after the INT in the red zone. I really did. I would kind of hope he'd improve, but he's just not going to. Jets blew his development. He is what he is: a wildly inconsistent QB who falls on the mediocre or worse side of average more than the good side.

I'm not ever going to root against him and I'll hope he does well enough for the Jets to win a Super Bowl (let's face it, he's here through next season at least), but I don't expect anything of him. I can't.

ETA: that said, Tebow is going get booed out of town too when he doesn't win any more games than Sanchez.

I love it when children learn there is no Santa Claus.

Disagree but I will say I didn't like Rex coming to his defense again during his pc. Said Mark played good at times, he's the starter, and his (rex') opinion is the only one that matters.

Rex stubbornness might get him booted. Today's the first time I've wondered what Gruden could potentially do with Mcelroy.

IMO, Rex is trying to present the unified front, but, I agree, it's going to cost him. There really is no reason to think that Sanchez can elevate his game consistently enough to make up for what has become an average defense. Of course, there really are no alternatives. His, and Tamnenbaum's, egos have painted the franchise into a corner.

IMO, Rex is trying to present the unified front, but, I agree, it's going to cost him. There really is no reason to think that Sanchez can elevate his game consistently enough to make up for what has become an average defense. Of course, there really are no alternatives. His, and Tamnenbaum's, egos have painted the franchise into a corner.

Agree. I don't think Rex actually likes Sanchez, i think he's currently stuck with him. Rex never says much bad about any of his current players and doesn't hesitate to kill former players. I'm actually looking forward to what Rex says about Sanchez whenever they split.

Agree. I don't think Rex actually likes Sanchez, i think he's currently stuck with him. Rex never says much bad about any of his current players and doesn't hesitate to kill former players. I'm actually looking forward to what Rex says about Sanchez whenever they split.

If the coach doesn't like the QB, then why extend him/give him more guarenteed money?

If the coach doesn't like the QB, then why extend him/give him more guarenteed money?

Not sure that was his call... Tanny, the cap wizard, needed the space.

I just remember Rex making fun of Pennington in 08 and i think he knows what a good QB looks like.

he's a full second slower on release and id even more inaccurate than sanchise

at his worst Tebow's release was .6 second, .2 seconds slower than NFL average, it was recently after he reworked his mechanics in the offseasonre-measured at .45 seconds or .05 slower than NFL average. Possibly slower than Sanchez, but certainly not a second or more so. As to accuracy it is impossible to tell as depth of Target is quite different between the two and DOT drastically effects completion%

When that happens, I think it would be pretty funny if he posted Sanchez up on this site.

http://www.neverlikeditanyway.com/

The problem with benching Sanchez is Tebow going .500 to finish the season and having a full year of him. I think today finally showed the franchise he's not the answer, so pack it up and prepare for the draft.

I'd really like to see the Jets make a move for Colin Kapernick in the off-season. He doesn't have experience as a starter but he has been around the NFL game for 2 years learning under Jim Harbaugh. He has ALL the tools a QB needs to succeed and it looks like SF is committed to Smith at this point.

Jets will have a top 10 pick (possibly top 5) in next year's draft. I am all for trading the 2nd rd'er for Kaepernick.

If Rex just came out and simply said "our QB situation is what it is and right now Mark is what we have" Rex would save himself alot of hate from the fans. Instead he goes out and says Sanchez is the guy so as to not insult Sanchez, the owner or Tebow, but it insults the intelligence of every fan who pays money to see this team. And hes going to get run out of town because of it. Like I said in my writeup on this game- if he does not believe in Tebow this is the kind of game you bring him in in to make him show to all the fans how bad he is. It is exactly what Parcells would have done to quiet a firestorm about the backup. Rex is petrified to do it for whatever reason.

If Rex just came out and simply said "our QB situation is what it is and right now Mark is what we have" Rex would save himself alot of hate from the fans. Instead he goes out and says Sanchez is the guy so as to not insult Sanchez, the owner or Tebow, but it insults the intelligence of every fan who pays money to see this team. And hes going to get run out of town because of it. Like I said in my writeup on this game- if he does not believe in Tebow this is the kind of game you bring him in in to make him show to all the fans how bad he is. It is exactly what Parcells would have done to quiet a firestorm about the backup. Rex is petrified to do it for whatever reason.

The reason is he endorsed Sanchez to the GM and the owner if he turns on him now he turns on himself!

at his worst Tebow's release was .6 second, .2 seconds slower than NFL average, it was recently after he reworked his mechanics in the offseasonre-measured at .45 seconds or .05 slower than NFL average. Possibly slower than Sanchez, but certainly not a second or more so. As to accuracy it is impossible to tell as depth of Target is quite different between the two and DOT drastically effects completion%

Doesn't matter.. everybody knows what Tebow is, they had all last year to watch him.

The kid is a winner, period. This is something else..don't know if it was pre arranged when the Manning skew came out that the JETS would *pass* (yeah right..Manning said no) on him, and had to patch things up with Mark..and made him a year long starting promise, or what..but something is stopping Rex Ryan and Sparano from making the change. Once they go to Tebow, he won't let it go..and they know it, and Mark knows it, and the team knows it.

The disadvantage is Tim would be hard to get a saddle on, so they don't want to have to go there in the middle of the year, and look like double buffoons on top of being idiots about Mark.

Everyone, including Tebow haters knows full well you give that kid the starting job , and he will find some ****ing way to win ..and prove something..anything. We all know that... sure he has been a suckfest on occasion, besides the point, took the failing Donkeys and took them to the playoffs. Sucking won't matter if we play in 2013.

Doesn't matter.. everybody knows what Tebow is, they had all last year to watch him.

The kid is a winner, period. This is something else..don't know if it was pre arranged when the Manning skew came out that the JETS would *pass* (yeah right..Manning said no) on him, and had to patch things up with Mark..and made him a year long starting promise, or what..but something is stopping Rex Ryan and Sparano from making the change. Once they go to Tebow, he won't let it go..and they know it, and Mark knows it, and the team knows it.

The disadvantage is Tim would be hard to get a saddle on, so they don't want to have to go there in the middle of the year, and look like double buffoons on top of being idiots about Mark.

Everyone, including Tebow haters knows full well you give that kid the starting job , and he will find some ****ing way to win ..and prove something..anything. We all know that... sure he has been a suckfest on occasion, besides the point, took the failing Donkeys and took them to the playoffs. Sucking won't matter if we play in 2013.

play Tebow or don't doesn't really matter to me at this point, the possibility of it making a difference in the result of the season at this point is slim. However it frustrates me when people spout untruths about Tebow or any other player, because if you repeat anything often enough someone will start to believe it. At this point I don't think Tebow is a worse thrower than Sanchez based on what I saw last year and what I am seeing this year, and that is assuming of course that Tebow has not improved at all in the offseason, but like I said this season is pretty much over at this point anyway so who cares what happens from here on out

Monday Morning, Hurricane on the way, and Sanchez still sucks.

This thread isn't even fun anymore. Kinda like the first time you kick your Dad's ass in hoops on the driveway... You've been at it for so long, and when it happens, you just end up feeling bad about it.

This thread isn't even fun anymore. Kinda like the first time you kick your Dad's ass in hoops on the driveway... You've been at it for so long, and when it happens, you just end up feeling bad about it.

The thread should last as long as he's the starter, which should be only a couple of weeks more. And you're right, it's like bullying a special ed kid in a wheelchair right now. There's no joy in it unless you're a sadist.

Just end it for him, Rex, and let everyone move on. Even his parents are probably telling him he sucks.

The thread should last as long as he's the starter, which should be only a couple of weeks more. And you're right, it's like bullying a special ed kid in a wheelchair right now. There's no joy in it unless you're a sadist.

Just end it for him, Rex, and let everyone move on. Even his parents are probably telling him he sucks.

Jets really should be 2-6 right now, Phins outplayed them in 1st game, jets would prob be better off too, need a top 5 pick but with a real GM to pick it. Bad year for college QBs though

Sees question... Do you believe Sanchez could have been good with a different staff, and if so, why?

Yes, I do.

First off, I was pissed as all hell when we drafted him, I wanted no part of him.

However, I saw enough out of him in year 1 and 2 to change my opinion on him.

Let's not lose site of the fact that he should not have been even starting in the NFL in either of those two years, year 1 he should have been in college, and year 2 he should have been a rookie riding the pine.

His 4th quarter comebacks showed me that he had fight and spirt, and I saw him do enough while making expected rookie mistakes to think he could have been good.

I firmly believe that if he was coached properly, and allowed to develop properly with the right coaching staff, and the right talent around him, he could have been a good QB.

I dont think he ever had top 5 QB potential, but I do think he could have been a top 10 QB.

To flip the question, what the F has Rex ever done to instill any confidence whatsoever that he has a clue on how to develop a QB??

He had no opinion on keeping Schott as the OC.

Stayed out of the offense.

Allowed him to play at least a year to early.

And then hired Sparano, who may have been worse than Schott.

Sanchez is done, no doubt, but if these idiots get another chance to ruin another young QB, it may be the straw that breaks my very forgiving Jets back.

Yes, I do.

First off, I was pissed as all hell when we drafted him, I wanted no part of him.

However, I saw enough out of him in year 1 and 2 to change my opinion on him.

Let's not lose site of the fact that he should not have been even starting in the NFL in either of those two years, year 1 he should have been in college, and year 2 he should have been a rookie riding the pine.

His 4th quarter comebacks showed me that he had fight and spirt, and I saw him do enough while making expected rookie mistakes to think he could have been good.

I firmly believe that if he was coached properly, and allowed to develop properly with the right coaching staff, and the right talent around him, he could have been a good QB.

I dont think he ever had top 5 QB potential, but I do think he could have been a top 10 QB.

To flip the question, what the F has Rex ever done to instill any confidence whatsoever that he has a clue on how to develop a QB??

He had no opinion on keeping Schott as the OC.

Stayed out of the offense.

Allowed him to play at least a year to early.

And then hired Sparano, who may have been worse than Schott.

Sanchez is done, no doubt, but if these idiots get another chance to ruin another young QB, it may be the straw that breaks my very forgiving Jets back.

Who was responsible for his development when he changed your pre-draft opinion?

Who was responsible for his development when he changed your pre-draft opinion?

That is exactly the problem, the development never really happened.

He looks the same to me now as he did in year 1, and worse than year 2.

Year 2 he actually had some talent to throw to, and a far better line.

He has not developed at all, the offensive philosophy sucks ass, Rex did nothing to develop him, I honestly don't think he even would know how if he could be bothered.

The problem is Sanchez has no heart. No fire. In his post game presser he said he doesn't listen to the boos, he was just playing and having fun out there. FUN? Are you kidding?

The best part of Jet games now is watching Ray Lucas lose his mind on the post game show.

Archived