Sanchez sucks.

Sperm Edwards

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate both Tannenbaum and Sanchez.

Sanchez sucks.

The real hate should be directed at the coach.

He is the one buying the groceries.

Tanny is just balancing the checkbook, nothing more.

Yet Rexy is loved by all!

His swiss cheese defense is defended at nausea, it's quite disturbing how clueless Jets fans are.

Interesting, I don't think the great Matt Schaub would have beat the Texans last night based on what I saw.

If you switched QB's, the results would have been the same.

Then you're cray. There are at least 10 back ups in the NFL that would have won that game last night and couple of dudes that were watching from home.

The real hate should be directed at the coach.

He is the one buying the groceries.

Tanny is just balancing the checkbook, nothing more.

Yet Rexy is loved by all!

His swiss cheese defense is defended at nausea, it's quite disturbing how clueless Jets fans are.

Oh really? Even though Rex has said numerous times that Tanny makes the picks and Rex only gets 1 pick per draft? Or like how he said he didnt want to take a wide out in the 2nd round but they took him anyway?

The Texans averaged 31.5pts per going into the game last night. The Jets held them to 23, with 6 of those points gift wrapped.

Misinformed hatred, brah.

I was talking about a 5th overall pic QB. Which, in terms of drafting & salary, is a Maserati. Now he's junk, but he was a highly prized asset out of college.

You know what's ridiculous when you sit and think about it? If you follow the argument that says Mangini was basically picking his personnel while he was the HC of the Jets, and for the most part he'd actually assembled a pretty good roster of talent, and then he's offering his fifth overall pick in the draft to you, why do you take it when he also had a need at QB? Are we retarded or what?

I hate both Tannenbaum and Sanchez.

Sanchez sucks.

This

Then you're cray. There are at least 10 back ups in the NFL that would have won that game last night and couple of dudes that were watching from home.

The Texans toyed with the Jets. People have created this narrative that better QB play wouldve won the game. Hogwash. Better QBing by the Jets would have prompted the Texans to play with more effort, which would have led to another 2 TDs.

The Jets had no answer for Foster or his backup. Heck, there was a series early on where the Texans ran 3 straight plays for 10 yd+ runs each. Then they converted a 1st & 20 in 2 plays.

The Texans had their C game and still won by 6 points.

Honestly, I have read enough of your posts to know that your football knowledge is less than my dog's. And I am not trying to be insulting, I am really not, you just absolutely have no clue about football.

You are a passionate fan, and I applaud you for that, but you really don't understand the game at all.

So I am not overly concerned with your analysis.

This

The Texans toyed with the Jets. People have created this narrative that better QB play wouldve won the game. Hogwash. Better QBing by the Jets would have prompted the Texans to play with more effort, which would have led to another 2 TDs.

The Jets had no answer for Foster or his backup. Heck, there was a series early on where the Texans ran 3 straight plays for 10 yd+ runs each. Then they converted a 1st & 20 in 2 plays.

Anyone with a 1/4 of a brain would know that your post is 100% accurate.

Lets be honest, they had the right formula, get a franchise QB and dominant D. They just whiffed on the evaluating talent part.

Can't blame them too much. They tried. And failed. Lets see what the next group can do.

I think Tanny has handcuffed the team with contracts for sh*t players like Harris, Pace, Scott, Homles etc, but overall, I kind of feel this way. Its not like he hasnt tried to get a franchise QB. He traded for Favre sandwiched between his 2 best years as a pro which rid us of Chadwick. Attempted with SB winning mid to late round picks going for guys like Ainge, Clemens and McElroy. Traded up for Sanchez. And under his tenure, he's produced the league best running team and the leagues best defense in the same year followed by top 3 finishes from the same group in the next season. He clearly was doing something right and was identifying the right talent for the vision of the team...he just didnt adequately prepare for the decline and departure of a couple key components.

Truth is, if Mark Sanchez turned out to be worth a sh*t...this whole debacle wouldnt be happening. Great QB play masks a ton of problems, look at the Pats. Horrible QB play compounds the problems, see the Jets.

No. Can;t say that I did.

Elway finished 4-6 as a starter that year. He threw seven touchdowns, 14 interceptions and completed just 47.5 percent of his passes. Elway also had one game-winning drive during that span, something he'd become known for during his career.

When you compare the two player's stats, there really is no comparison. In 10 starts, Tebow has 14 touchdown passes, six rushing touchdowns and four interceptions. And perhaps the most intriguing stat considering how much he's been scrutinized about his passing, Tebow has a higher completion percentage at 48 percent. Tebow has also engineered five game-winning drives, which ties him with Scott Brunner and Marc Wilson for the most game-winning drives in the first 10 starts.

WHAT? Tebow doesn't get the proper respect and someone in this organization needs to have some balls.

Oh really? Even though Rex has said numerous times that Tanny makes the picks and Rex only gets 1 pick per draft? Or like how he said he didnt want to take a wide out in the 2nd round but they took him anyway?

The Texans averaged 31.5pts per going into the game last night. The Jets held them to 23, with 6 of those points gift wrapped.

Misinformed hatred, brah.

So let's get this straight, k?

Rex has said a zillion times, I want CB's!

We had Revis, and we went out and drafted Wilson, then traded for Cromrartie.

You think this was Tanny's strategy? Need a bridge?

How about bringing in Scott? Yeah, all Tanny right?

I am sure Tanny listens to the scouts, but my point is this, the strategy of personel is set by Rex, the actual personnel is probably Badway.

It's a terrible situation.

Tanny could be great with a Parcells/Belicheck type coach, but with Rex who is completely clueless, and completely ignores half the team, disastro.

The Bottom line is....Sanchez does not inspire ANY confidence outside of the team (FANS) and within the team (Teammates). The Jets see him throw flat footed, they see him STARE down the recievers and they see his passes sail constantly. He is never going to be a top 10 QB...at best his ceiling is a top 20 QB. The time to look for a replacement is in the upcoming draft...don't let another draft go by without taking a QB in waiting...

Sanchez is not the answer...

Maybe the smartest football person here could answer a question regarding the suckitude of Mark Sanchez, vs. the suckitude of Tim Tebow.

I have noticed, as well as most other people who watch professional football, that usually there is one QB. Oh sure, every now and then

you have the occasional Harbaugh brother who for smartass reasons galore sticks another QB in, but only if the other team professes to have a *wildcat* package involving *another QB*.

So, the question is.. If Mark Sanchez is *the* starting QB.. Why do they keep inserting someone else..? If Mark is really capable of managing an offense that scores like a normal NFL offense.. Why the need for ANYONE else ?

Second.. If Tim Tebow sucks.. and is not capable of running an NFL offense..(scoring, etc..) Then Why ..Pray frigging tell

is he behind center in an NFL game.. ?

I think Rex Ryan likes his players.. but he doesn't have the nads to make the decisions that head coaches have to make..as in

take your number ones and pull them when its time. Its easy to make decisions about your practice squad..

This

I've never seen you post something so foolish.

Honestly, I have read enough of your posts to know that your football knowledge is less than my dog's. And I am not trying to be insulting, I am really not, you just absolutely have no clue about football.

You are a passionate fan, and I applaud you for that, but you really don't understand the game at all.

LMFAO!!!!

I'm hands down the most level headed fan on this board. And my Football knowledge is supreme. You're just butt hurt because you dont have a come back for the Jets defense holding the Texans to almost 10 pts less per game than they average.

Its knee jerk morans like you who want to fire a HC for reasons you cant explain.

Please, enlighten us all some more with your profound Football knowledge. We're all learning a lot from you.

POTW

I am sure Tanny listens to the scouts, but my point is this, the strategy of personel is set by Rex, the actual personnel is probably Badway.

Tanny could be great with a Parcells/Belicheck type coach, but with Rex who is completely clueless, and completely ignores half the team, disastro.

This guy has superior knowledge of the game folks.

Just ask him.

I think Tanny has handcuffed the team with contracts for sh*t players like Harris, Pace, Scott, Homles etc, but overall, I kind of feel this way. Its not like he hasnt tried to get a franchise QB. He traded for Favre sandwiched between his 2 best years as a pro which rid us of Chadwick. Attempted with SB winning mid to late round picks going for guys like Ainge, Clemens and McElroy. Traded up for Sanchez. And under his tenure, he's produced the league best running team and the leagues best defense in the same year followed by top 3 finishes from the same group in the next season. He clearly was doing something right and was identifying the right talent for the vision of the team...he just didnt adequately prepare for the decline and departure of a couple key components.

Truth is, if Mark Sanchez turned out to be worth a sh*t...this whole debacle wouldnt be happening. Great QB play masks a ton of problems, look at the Pats. Horrible QB play compounds the problems, see the Jets.

Can we try to look at something less than Brady?

As much as I hate the guy, he is an all time great.

Can we stop pointing to the top 3-5 QB's in the NFL and acting like we have a realistic shot at getting one of these guys?

Can we be somewhat realistic for a second, and deal with the guys we can actually get?

We draft middle of the draft every year, you are not going to likely get one of those guys.

So, we have a choice, get a serviceable QB who we surround with playmakers, or we wait 20 years and pray we get lucky enough to get a top 5 QB.

THEN, if we get him, we need to make sure we develop him properly, like, getting in someone with a clue who can teach a QB.

Elway finished 4-6 as a starter that year. He threw seven touchdowns, 14 interceptions and completed just 47.5 percent of his passes. Elway also had one game-winning drive during that span, something he'd become known for during his career.

When you compare the two player's stats, there really is no comparison. In 10 starts, Tebow has 14 touchdown passes, six rushing touchdowns and four interceptions. And perhaps the most intriguing stat considering how much he's been scrutinized about his passing, Tebow has a higher completion percentage at 48 percent. Tebow has also engineered five game-winning drives, which ties him with Scott Brunner and Marc Wilson for the most game-winning drives in the first 10 starts.

WHAT? Tebow doesn't get the proper respect and someone in this organization needs to have some balls.

To compare Tebow to a QB who played in a different era of football like Elway is moronic.

There is absolutely nothing comparable to Tebow playing in 2010+ and Elway playing in the 1980s. Nothing. The rules were different, the offenses were different, the players were different, the stadiums and turf were different, etc. Dan Marino was the only player in the history of the sport for 70+ years who threw for 5000 yds. There were about 5, 5000 yd passers last year. Completely different game.

Did you know I was the fastest kid in my 2nd grade class?

I do agree with what your saying here, can I add that Sanchez had the opportunity last night to shine. Forget about the injuries all he had to do is make the passes he had too, nothing more and nothing less, hold onto the ball and not throw INTs. However and you may disagree with me on the following, Sanchez can't take all the blame.

1. You can't go into the half with 3 time outs. Something is very Herm like with that.

2. You can't have an onside kick attempt and not recover.

3. Our D is getting shredded right in front of our eyes.

4. And with all that we were still in a position to drive down, play fundamental error free football, score seven and be 3-2 right now.

Can we try to look at something less than Brady?

As much as I hate the guy, he is an all time great.

Can we stop pointing to the top 3-5 QB's in the NFL and acting like we have a realistic shot at getting one of these guys?

Can we be somewhat realistic for a second, and deal with the guys we can actually get?

We draft middle of the draft every year, you are not going to likely get one of those guys.

So, we have a choice, get a serviceable QB who we surround with playmakers, or we wait 20 years and pray we get lucky enough to get a top 5 QB.

THEN, if we get him, we need to make sure we develop him properly, like, getting in someone with a clue who can teach a QB.

Why are you responding to my analysis? You dont care remember? Your dog knows more about the game then me. You must have really long conversation with your dog about Football.

What are his thoughts on Sanchez?

I've never seen you post something so foolish.

LMFAO!!!!

I'm hands down the most level headed fan on this board. And my Football knowledge is supreme. You're just butt hurt because you dont have a come back for the Jets defense holding the Texans to almost 10 pts less per game than they average.

Its knee jerk morans like you who want to fire a HC for reasons you cant explain.

Please, enlighten us all some more with your profound Football knowledge. We're all learning a lot from you.

Did you watch the game?

Matt Schaub was Sanchez last night.

The Texans could have scored at will against us.

They did not need to, our offense is putrid, if not for a kickoff return we would have scored 7 points.

They ran at will.

Other than Alcrotraz, nobody on that defense did anything.

The blind love for the defense is sickening.

Why are you responding to my analysis? You dont care remember? Your dog knows more about the game then me. You must have really long conversation with your dog about Football.

What are his thoughts on Sanchez?

Im bored, and my dog is sleeping.

Why is Tebow behind center in the NFL?

Hmm, he was drafted to be a QB. Had horrible completion percentages BUT found ways to win games as a Bronco. Then was shipped out when Peyton grew a new neck....the Jets picked him up for a song to boost their media viability and "create competition for Sanchez". If we lose against the Colts then Tebow is coming in. Sanchez sucks ballz...

Cumberland should have caught it but the throw was crap. Lucas put it well: throw came in too high and way too hot.

Cumberland is 6'4" and had to jump with full extension. He was able to get hands on it so I say therefore he should have caught it. But it's not even a factor if Sanchez hits him in the numbers or the face. Why throw it 4' over Cumberland's head? Because he has no control over where he throws it. When he's on target it's also lucky and by accident.

Even when he finds the man he does not put the pass where he should. Even with time he is always a smidgen off. Not a football player.

I have always had a problem with the mindset of trying to win games 13 - 10 by design. Which is basically my perception of the way the drafts have been handled since Rex took over and with the whole "ground and pound" (god I get douchechills every time I read or hear that phrase) mentality.

Maybe the smartest football person here could answer a question regarding the suckitude of Mark Sanchez, vs. the suckitude of Tim Tebow.

I have noticed, as well as most other people who watch professional football, that usually there is one QB. Oh sure, every now and then

you have the occasional Harbaugh brother who for smartass reasons galore sticks another QB in, but only if the other team professes to have a *wildcat* package involving *another QB*.

So, the question is.. If Mark Sanchez is *the* starting QB.. Why do they keep inserting someone else..? If Mark is really capable of managing an offense that scores like a normal NFL offense.. Why the need for ANYONE else ?

Second.. If Tim Tebow sucks.. and is not capable of running an NFL offense..(scoring, etc..) Then Why ..Pray frigging tell

is he behind center in an NFL game.. ?

I think Rex Ryan likes his players.. but he doesn't have the nads to make the decisions that head coaches have to make..as in

take your number ones and pull them when its time. Its easy to make decisions about your practice squad..

I think your last sentence says it all. We see Rex for who he really is. Listen have you ever seen an NFL team so F'ed up that first you have 10 players , then 12, need to take time outs for stuff like that, have three time outs not take them and there is no urgence shown. It is actually amazing to see all of this unfold. People want to hammer Sanchez and Tebow....The real story is Rex's lack of HC direction. This is crystal clear to me. This does not mean he can learn and fix it, but you can't make strategic mistakes over and over again its a joke.

I am not a Sanchez fan, but there is no way he is the only one to blame here. This is all on Rex and Tanny.

I have always had a problem with the mindset of trying to win games 13 - 10 by design. Which is basically my perception of the way the drafts have been handled since Rex took over and with the whole "ground and pound" (god I get douchechills every time I read or hear that phrase) mentality.

I could not agree more.

Rex does not get the NFL today.

If he did, he would not be trying to win via ground and pound in a league designed to showcase playmakers on offense.

Even the Ravens where Rex came from get's it now, and they were probably the last true ground and pound team to win a SB.

You cannot win big in the NFL like that anymore.

What hurts even worse is they cannot ground, nor pound. And the defense is average at best.

It's a disaster, short term and long term.

Rex would be fine as DC, he has zero business being a HC in this league. Ask the Ravens who had every reason in the world to give him the job, and did everything they could not to give him the job.

I didn't like the Sanchez pick when we made it. I saw him play in college. He threw from a rocking chair to receivers 10 yards in the clear. His team always had an enormous talent advantage. I do not know where the Jets got their conviction that this was a character guy. Makes you wonder about our scouting and talent evaluation. Guys do not normally tip a lot of passes against decent QBs. Because you need to know where the ball is going. YOu do not just stand there with your arms up while a 350 pound guys is mauling you. You either get close enough to him to block the pass, or you read the QB's eyes . Otherwise you never get the hands up in time. That is what the Texans were doing. Reading Mark's eyes. Mark's eyes are like a McGuffey Primer. See Jane run. See number one receiver.

Archived