Sanchez sucks.

Sperm Edwards

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not understand how any Jets fan could watch this dufus play, mope around, etc. and not f***ing hate him.

He f***ing sucks and has always sucked.

The rest of the team is nothing to get anything other than disgusted at, but I can't recall a QB this bad for this many years whose HC refuses to bench him for even a single game.

Everyone knows it except Rex Ryan and a couple of fans who need glasses.

I do not understand how any Jets fan could watch this dufus play, mope around, etc. and not f***ing hate him.

The rest of the team is nothing to get anything other than disgusted at, but I can't recall a QB this bad for this many years whose HC refuses to bench him for even a single game.

We are in the same boat on this one bro. I can't understand it at all.

No, you don't un

No you don't understand, he's only made one mistake on a handoff all year. Ask Rex.

But... the Rams.

This GIF pretty much sums up Sanchez perfectly.

stillbetterthancassel.0_standard_709.0.gif

When will people stop defending this abortion of a QB?

The butt fumble. A new level of suckage.

I can't stop laughing watching that, though.

It's like Sanchez got shot out of a canon and slammed into a brick wall that was Moore's ass.

That Sanchez being a Jet isn't "to the chagrin" of all Jets fans is as confusing as a HC who won't dress a #2 QB for a football game.

It wasn't Mark's decision to trade up for him and draft him. It wasn't his decision to not bring in an actual QB coach who could develop a QB. It wasn't his decision to start him from day 1 with all of like 12 college games under his belt. It wasn't his decision to let the players around him devolve into the mess they have today. It wasn't his decision to give himself a contract extension. And it certainly wasn't his decision to go into 2012 with no viable backup and then continually trot himself out there after terrible performances.

That all falls on the management. Is Mark Sanchez bad? Yes. Is it mostly his fault, sure as far as on field play goes offensively, he is the QB and therefore ultimately responible for offensive production and the faults in it. He doesn't control the abortion special teams have become or the swiss cheese the defense is.

I think Mark had a good chance of becoming a decent QB that could have done good things here, but mismanagement of him and the talent around has turned this aging team into a joke that needs to be blown up. His time has come and gone now in New York and I hope he latches on somewhere else and proves a lot of people wrong, with some actual coaching. Time to cut bait here. Well, in 2014 anyway.

It wasn't Mark's decision to trade up for him and draft him. It wasn't his decision to not bring in an actual QB coach who could develop a QB. It wasn't his decision to start him from day 1 with all of like 12 college games under his belt. It wasn't his decision to let the players around him devolve into the mess they have today. It wasn't his decision to give himself a contract extension. And it certainly wasn't his decision to go into 2012 with no viable backup and then continually trot himself out there after terrible performances.

That all falls on the management. Is Mark Sanchez bad? Yes. Is it mostly his fault, sure as far as on field play goes offensively, he is the QB and therefore ultimately responible for offensive production and the faults in it. He doesn't control the abortion special teams have become or the swiss cheese the defense is.

I think Mark had a good chance of becoming a decent QB that could have done good things here, but mismanagement of him and the talent around has turned this aging team into a joke that needs to be blown up. His time has come and gone now in New York and I hope he latches on somewhere else and proves a lot of people wrong, with some actual coaching. Time to cut bait here. Well, in 2014 anyway.

I agree with everything you said.

At this point, it does not really even matter why he sucks, but he does, something fierce.

The bigger issue is we need a new QB, and we cannot under any circumstance let this joke of a FO and coaching staff ruin another one.

The FO/Coaching staff have done enough damage other than destroying the offense to warrant being fired, but this seals the deal, no way can you let this joke continue.

Sanchez had a shot at being a decent QB? Is the goal here? To find a decent QB?

Sweet.

not to me, but at the same time, is the goal to be a decent offense?

Because this FO/coaching staff did nothing at all to try to be anything more than decent.

They wanted a decent offense, and a dominating defense.

They ended up with a decent defense at best, and a horrific offense.

It's time to move on, from Sanchez, and the rest of the clowns who created this disaster.

Hey, man. I never wanted him but I got behind it because I thought Rex and company knew what they were doing. We would have been better off staying put and taking Josh Freeman.

Yet you're still insisting he was ruined by the Jets and that he is still average.

He was as ruined by the Jets as Akili Smith was ruined by the Bengals, as Cade McNown was ruined by the Bears, etc.

Only difference is it was hidden by a good to great defense and, in his first 2 seasons, an elite OL, and elite special teams units and top-5 (if not the #1) ground attack, that kept him running a short field as well as putting points on the board at key moments.

He is awful. He was destined to be awful at the NFL level. He cannot see the field and that is a skill - if not an ability - he needs to have before he gets here (even if it takes a while for the game to slow down enough for him to show it). But the Jets didn't ruin that in Sanchez. He never had it. He throws the ball all over the place. The Jets didn't ruin that. He makes a mockery of protecting the football and there is no way the Jets - for all their coaching faults - have not made hundreds of attempts at addressing that. He has no feel for pressure. And he has a loser's demeanor. He is no leader. He's a mopey loser and I know for all his faults that Rex didn't cause that.

He is beyond help. He is incapable of being helped. He will never be good. He was never going to be good. He is Kellen Clemens with 3 extra seasons of being handed the first string job.

If Sanchez was drafted a round or two later and was drafted into a rebuilding team - as many/most QBs are at the top of the draft - then he would have been benched for good long ago. It was hidden by a couple of good teams his first 2 years. You are seeing what he has to offer an NFL team when he isn't surrounded by a good team (which he isn't).

Yet you're still insisting he was ruined by the Jets and that he is still average.

He was as ruined by the Jets as Akili Smith was ruined by the Bengals, as Cade McNown was ruined by the Bears, etc.

Only difference is it was hidden by a good to great defense and, in his first 2 seasons, an elite OL, and elite special teams units and top-5 (if not the #1) ground attack, that kept him running a short field as well as putting points on the board at key moments.

He is awful. He was destined to be awful at the NFL level. He cannot see the field and that is a skill - if not an ability - he needs to have before he gets here (even if it takes a while for the game to slow down enough for him to show it). But the Jets didn't ruin that in Sanchez. He never had it. He throws the ball all over the place. The Jets didn't ruin that. He makes a mockery of protecting the football and there is no way the Jets - for all their coaching faults - have not made hundreds of attempts at addressing that. He has no feel for pressure. And he has a loser's demeanor. He is no leader. He's a mopey loser and I know for all his faults that Rex didn't cause that.

He is beyond help. He is incapable of being helped. He will never be good. He was never going to be good. He is Kellen Clemens with 3 extra seasons of being handed the first string job.

If Sanchez was drafted a round or two later and was drafted into a rebuilding team - as many/most QBs are at the top of the draft - then he would have been benched for good long ago. It was hidden by a couple of good teams his first 2 years. You are seeing what he has to offer an NFL team when he isn't surrounded by a good team (which he isn't).

So many held the hope it was schotty's fault, i saw light last yr No OC could help him

Without questioning any of this, and saying you are right, would you trust Rex/Sparano/Tanny/Cavenaugh to pick, and develop the next QB?

I sure as hell would not want even one of them involved in that.

And rex dressed a backup with broken ribs who was unable to backup, and did not dress a third QB---huh? No way he could have taken this scourge out of the game even if he wanted to. He set it up so he had an escape clause---a very STUPID escape clause--but a clause. What if Sanchez had broken a leg? Do we get Kerley at QB then? I never watch a presser of his again. This I swear. I will not be subjected to his stupidities. He is like a politician, who will say anything and expect voters to be stupid enough to accept it. This entire organization is a travesty

I think Sperm Edwards is dead-on. A few QBs have "it", all those famously talked about "intangibles" coupled with the physical ability that make special QBs like Brees, Brady, and Peyton. A few more have most of the intangibles and good enough physical talent to make really good QBs like Schaub and Ryan and Eli. There's some QBs who have a combination of intangibles and physical talent that make them, at best, decent starting QBs, but they have some major lack that keeps them from joining the top tier. If the Bills' Ryan Fitzpatrick had a better arm, he'd be a top QB. If Jay Cutler could control his tendency to want to force the ball, he'd be a top QB, although he's NOT that bad as it is.

Sanchez, like JP Losman, is among the majority of QBs who just don't have enough intangibles to be successful despite having tons of physical talent. Coaching can't improve what's NOT there.

I just don't understand why the Jets brass continue to support Sanchez as the starting QB. It's not like this would be the first time in the history of the NFL that a QB drafted in the first round turned out to be a bust.

No one on the coaching staff has any idea on how to replicate the Tebow package Denver ran last year. We also dont have the personnel to run it. Mccelroy doesnt dress...it makes no sense.

I just don't understand why the Jets brass continue to support Sanchez as the starting QB. It's not like this would be the first time in the history of the NFL that a QB drafted in the first round turned out to be a bust.

Might be the first time that this kind of money was guaranteed to a bust though.

Archived