Sanchez sucks.

Sperm Edwards

........... does he really think that his job is this safe? does he know something we dont for the reason he cant be benched?

yeah because his Head Coach tells him so. I LOVE Rex but he's sort of a disaster of a Head Coach. I'll always wish him well and root for him though...as long as he doesn't coach in the AFC East.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always scoffed at the cliched notion that drafting a bad QB "sets the franchise back five years."

I no longer scoff. It infects literally every aspect of the organization. Your young receivers don't develop; your offensive linemen get beat up blocking 8-9 man fronts; tickets don't get sold; coaches get fired; GMs get fired; fans and media obsess over the organization's incompetence. It takes years to find the new QB, the new coach, to get the media off your back, to earn back credibility, etc etc etc. A bad QB pick is a dirty bomb.

Said it a few years ago when Sanchez started to really suck. I was attacked a lot for it. I think by you too. I could start a thread about it, maybe do a search, brag, but the ape and Matt seem to split those duties these days. I've moved on. Memes and ambiguous movie references are my thing now.

yeah because his Head Coach tells him so. I LOVE Rex but he's sort of a disaster of a Head Coach. I'll always wish him well and root for him though...as long as he doesn't coach in the AFC East.

Rex cant like him that much. I like him as our head coach because he brings the defense with him. I just cant understand how rex hasnt benched him or even said a word of criticism to sanchez.

Said it a few years ago when Sanchez started to really suck. I was attacked a lot for it. I think by you too. I could start a thread about it, maybe do a search, brag, but the ape and Matt seem to split those duties these days. I've moved on. Memes and ambiguous movie references are my thing now.

I don't attack posters. The only thing we've ever even quibbled over was David Harris.

Rex cant like him that much. I like him as our head coach because he brings the defense with him. I just cant understand how rex hasnt benched him or even said a word of criticism to sanchez.

loyalty to a fault plus saving face after telling the world how good your sh*tty team/players is/are. Some kind of mixture of mostly those two.

"now"?

Sanchez: "We got to find a way to keep the defensive linemen's hands down."

Translation: "It's the OL's fault my passes were batted down."

Sanchez just effectively blamed his OL for the loss. What a leader.

Yea this kid is ruined here, never will get it with this franchise, might get it somewhere else not impossible, but not here.

He gets hot here, and there to give you hope, and when he is hot on occasion its lights out good, but that only happens once every 4-6 games.

The worst part is this Jets team will win 8-10 games, either just missing the playoffs, or sneaking in, and I seriously doubt they would have a shot to win a game in any city against the top 4 teams in the AFC, and we will be picking in the middle of the 1st round again, and we all know that leads to taking a overhyped project that turns out to be a bad project.

We are stuck paying Sanchez this year, and next year, he will probably open next season as the starting QB regardless what happens the rest of this season, its 2014 when the Jets future at that position will have to be someone else who is BETTER than Sanchez, a different QB who sucks equally as Sanchez isn't better than still having Sanchez, and having a rookie QB, or 2nd year QB playing for the 1st time in his career is starting in 2014 he better not be treated like a QB who should help the team win the SB, he should be doing what Andrew Luck is doing right now throw the ball 50 times a game, and get all the experience as quick as possible, if he throws 5 picks a game so what it will better him for the future of the franchise, this hand off, and don't make mistakes sh*t for a 1st year playing QB is the worst possible way to develop a young QB IMO, let him make the mistakes now so he isn't making them in his 3rd, and 4th season ALLA Mark, not saying that this would have changed Sanchez, and not using this to defend Sanchez at all, I don't think that would have done anything for him he is to boneheaded to understand not to touch the hot stove, even thou he gets burned every time he touches it.

loyalty to a fault plus saving face after telling the world how good your sh*tty team/players is/are. Some kind of mixture of mostly those two.

...... im sad i want to see sanchez get ripped by someone on the jets as much as we rip him. He deserves it and its time they stop putting him on a pedestal

This is why Rex is a terrible coach (as much as I love him). This answer alone is benchworthy. Belicheck benches Sanchez, so does Parcells. If only to see if you could refocus this complete fool. While still getting a chance to see if Tebow gives your team a better shot to win.

I have no problem benching Sanchez, but it better be for McElroy, not Tebow, everyone knows Tim Tebow CAN NOT be an every down QB, and you know exactly what you would get from him, where as with McElroy you don't know the anwsers to those questions yet, and you might as well go, and find out if the season calls for a QB change, Tebow is not the future, I doubt McElroy is, but it wouldn't hurt to give him the shot to see what you got, when like I said before you already know what you got with Tim Tebow.

I've always scoffed at the cliched notion that drafting a bad QB "sets the franchise back five years."

I no longer scoff. It infects literally every aspect of the organization. Your young receivers don't develop; your offensive linemen get beat up blocking 8-9 man fronts; tickets don't get sold; coaches get fired; GMs get fired; fans and media obsess over the organization's incompetence. It takes years to find the new QB, the new coach, to get the media off your back, to earn back credibility, etc etc etc. A bad QB pick is a dirty bomb.

The fact they even decided to trade up, and draft a QB at #5 in 2009 when they thought they had a Superbowl ready roster outside of the QB position was the stupidest thing they could have done, there was plenty of game managers available that offseason who could have handed the ball off, and made a few plays here, and there, and the option to call old Mr, Grey beard was still out there to at that point, you could have called him, and told him Brett your up again this year, just bring your hand picked O-Coordinator who runs your offense, and we will draft you a stud WR (Hakeem Nicks cough cough) in the 1st round, and a play making speed RB in the 2nd for you (LeSean McCoy cough cough), and lets go win this ****ing SB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone got a time maching I can borrow?

Sanchez had his moments, and had his mistakes, but that last pass was all Cumberbun.

Pros catch passes that hit them in both hands.

Dustin Keller is truly missed.....

BD

The pass was high and behind him, it was partially if not mostly Sanchez's fault. Also, Cromartie was separating by at least 3 to 4 feet and Sanchez threw up a floating duck that fluttered out of bounds "Pennington" style.... those tipped passes that resulted in INT"s were because Sanchez stares down his receivers and is too short to play QB. The fumbles were because he has no pocket presence......why not start Tebow, we've nothing to loose anymore. We already know Sanchez isn't taking us to any Superbowl ever, so there's no excuse anymore.

Cumberland should have caught it but the throw was crap. Lucas put it well: throw came in too high and way too hot.

Cumberland is 6'4" and had to jump with full extension. He was able to get hands on it so I say therefore he should have caught it. But it's not even a factor if Sanchez hits him in the numbers or the face. Why throw it 4' over Cumberland's head? Because he has no control over where he throws it. When he's on target it's also lucky and by accident.

Discuss this exciting new topic.

2 picks

2 fumbles

How many batted/tipped passes? 4? 5?

4th consecutive game completing under 50% of his passes.

Terrible football player. Terrible.

While that is true...His O Coordinator certainly doesn't do him too many favors by wasting first down running shonn greene up the gut for 1 yard, or worse, bringing him out of the game for tebow to run for 2 yards. Then all of a sudden its 2nd and 8 and the whole world knows the next two plays will be passes.

Not sure if anyone keeps this stat, but I would say when Sanchez throws on first down, his completion percentage is higher and the offense is more efficient than when he throws on 2nd/3rd and long

I have no problem benching Sanchez, but it better be for McElroy, not Tebow, everyone knows Tim Tebow CAN NOT be an every down QB, and you know exactly what you would get from him, where as with McElroy you don't know the anwsers to those questions yet, and you might as well go, and find out if the season calls for a QB change, Tebow is not the future, I doubt McElroy is, but it wouldn't hurt to give him the shot to see what you got, when like I said before you already know what you got with Tim Tebow.

Exactly what do you think you have with Tebow? If performance is the point, did you not watch what he did with a 1-4 team last year as he was looking over his shoulder the entire year? (Only Tebow doesn't look back, thank God) Did you not watch a single game of his in college? Do you not know he is arguably the greatest player in the history of college football? Do you not know he was better than John Elway, possibly the greatest QB of all time, when comparing their first two seasons? Two seasons in which Elway was actually given free reign. Did you not watch Tebow, in his second season, torch one of the greatest defenses in the game to pull off a shocking upset in the playoffs?

I know exactly what i'm getting with Tebow...and I want it.

The pass was high and behind him, it was partially if not mostly Sanchez's fault. Also, Cromartie was separating by at least 3 to 4 feet and Sanchez threw up a floating duck that fluttered out of bounds "Pennington" style.... those tipped passes that resulted in INT"s were because Sanchez stares down his receivers and is too short to play QB. The fumbles were because he has no pocket presence......why not start Tebow, we've nothing to loose anymore. We already know Sanchez isn't taking us to any Superbowl ever, so there's no excuse anymore.

Except he's not too short. He's 6'2" tall.

Same as Stafford.

Same as Rodgers.

Same as Favre (was).

Same as RGIII

Taller than Brees.

And when you factor in release point - which is more important than how high the apex of his skull is - he's effectively as tall as Schaub and Rivers.

He sucks because he sucks. Horribly inaccurate, dumb as sh*t, panicky nerves, awful tunnel vision and telegraphs his passes, little to no feel for the pass rush, and has a lousy loser attitude with a mumbling, mopey, Eeyore personality.

All this he already had. Now he's blaming his OL for passes getting tipped and batted down and blaming the receivers for his obvious bad throws.

If Rex has instilled any heart in this team they should beat the sh*t out of him in the locker room.

While that is true...His O Coordinator certainly doesn't do him too many favors by wasting first down running shonn greene up the gut for 1 yard, or worse, bringing him out of the game for tebow to run for 2 yards. Then all of a sudden its 2nd and 8 and the whole world knows the next two plays will be passes.

Not sure if anyone keeps this stat, but I would say when Sanchez throws on first down, his completion percentage is higher and the offense is more efficient than when he throws on 2nd/3rd and long

Tell me you think Sanchez is a good QB. Tell me.

Exactly what do you think you have with Tebow? If performance is the point, did you not watch what he did with a 1-4 team last year as he was looking over his shoulder the entire year? (Only Tebow doesn't look back, thank God) Did you not watch a single game of his in college? Do you not know he is arguably the greatest player in the history of college football? Do you not know he was better than John Elway, possibly the greatest QB of all time, when comparing their first two seasons? Two seasons in which Elway was actually given free reign. Did you not watch Tebow, in his second season, torch one of the greatest defenses in the game to pull off a shocking upset in the playoffs?

I know exactly what i'm getting with Tebow...and I want it.

Then go buy some old game tapes of his college years, and his last season tapes in Denver if that is what you want to watch.

Me I know he can't hit the backside of the barn more than 3 out of 10 times, and the book on defending Tim Tebow is out, Bill Belicheck wrote last season in the playoff game, and every single coach knows it, and will never, NEVER, NEVER, EVER, make the same mistake the Steelers did against Tim Tebow in that so called miracle in last years playoff game, he made 35 throws, 30 of them were 1 0n 1 coverage 40 yards down the field, and he completed 1 in 3 attempts, for 10 completions, that is not that spectacular, that game was the product of a stubborn cocky defense, not the greatness that you Tebowmaniacs spin it to be.

So to anwser your question yes I WATCHED all those things you just posted, and my observation along with the rest of the NFL's observation including John Elway, and those Denver Broncos he miraculously rescued, is he IS NOT AN NFL QB, AND NEVER WILL BE A NFL QB, can he come in, and make a few plays with his legs, and hit a deep ball here, and there yes, but never will he be succesful over a complete season in this league.

Then go buy some old game tapes of his college years, and his last season tapes in Denver if that is what you want to watch.

Me I know he can't hit the backside of the barn more than 3 out of 10 times, and the book on defending Tim Tebow is out, Bill Belicheck wrote last season in the playoff game, and every single coach knows it, and will never, NEVER, NEVER, EVER, make the same mistake the Steelers did against Tim Tebow in that so called miracle in last years playoff game, he made 35 throws, 30 of them were 1 0n 1 coverage 40 yards down the field, and he completed 1 in 3 attempts, for 10 completions, that is not that spectacular, that game was the product of a stubborn cocky defense, not the greatness that you Tebowmaniacs spin it to be.

So to anwser your question yes I WATCHED all those things you just posted, and my observation along with the rest of the NFL's observation including John Elway, and those Denver Broncos he miraculously rescued, is he IS NOT AN NFL QB, AND NEVER WILL BE A NFL QB, can he come in, and make a few plays with his legs, and hit a deep ball here, and there yes, but never will he be succesful over a complete season in this league.

You're wrong. I'm right.

End of discussion.

Archived