If Woody Johnson Wasn't So Preoccupied He Might Have Seen

SoFlaJets

What was happening to his "hobby" (like MOST of us Jets fans did) this past late winter, spring and summer. OK, we're already at the "Too Late Nate" stage for 2012, so it has to be on to the sad drooping shoulders of us Jets fans to start speculating about the draft and where DO we go from here.

It is my opinion that we need a new GM, a real football mind to evaluate talent, and one who will bring in a whole new scouting department because this team's drafts over the past 5 years or so has been dismal-I grade them MAYBE a C, maybe. This whole team needs to blown up from the GM, HC, and EVERY coach on the team all the way down to the training staff. This is a 3 win team guys and I want the best young QB coming out of the college ranks to be OUR new QB, but if it's still Rex Ryan's team, well that just ain't gonna happen as he will pick a defensive player for sure.

Finally, It's just too damn bad that our owner has to be so involved as the regional director for a major party's presidential campaign. Can anybody please show me an example of another team's owner taking on that much responsibility in a presidential election year? I swear I can't think of one...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was happening to his "hobby" (like MOST of us Jets fans did) this past late winter, spring and summer. OK, we're already at the "Too Late Nate" stage for 2012, so it has to be on to the sad drooping shoulders of us Jets fans to start speculating about the draft and where DO we go from here.

It is my opinion that we need a new GM, a real football mind to evaluate talent, and one who will bring in a whole new scouting department because this team's drafts over the past 5 years or so has been dismal-I grade them MAYBE a C, maybe. This whole team needs to blown up from the GM, HC, and EVERY coach on the team all the way down to the training staff. This is a 3 win team guys and I want the best young QB coming out of the college ranks to be OUR new QB, but if it's still Rex Ryan's team, well that just ain't gonna happen as he will pick a defensive player for sure.

Finally, It's just too damn bad that our owner has to be so involved as the regional director for a major party's presidential campaign. Can anybody please show me an example of another team's owner taking on that much responsibility in a presidential election year? I swear I can't think of one...

Jim- agree way too many "In Tanny we Trust" guys, they are just happy if jets win 7 to 9 games and make playoffs once every 3 yrs

Tanny has run this team into ground and Rexey is not a good HC and i'm not sure Him and his bro are good DC's

Woody is the problem.

He's the force behind the signing of Favre, and drafting of Sanchez, not for football reasons, but to sell tickets, PSLs.

He's stalled this franchise for 5 years.

Woody blows too, the holy trinity all need to go Tanny Rex and Woodrow

Woody blows too, the holy trinity all need to go Tanny Rex and Woodrow

If he wasn't retiring the only guy I would consider keeping would be Mike Westhoff, in fact I'd try to see if maybe he'd be interested in staying on as head coach. If not him then I'd take Jon Gruden-an offensive minded coach in the era OF the offense-but once again Rich, you and I both know this team too well and Johnson doesn't have the balls to do something so...well ballsy and we would be seeing Tony Sparano pumping his fist after every FG for the next 4 years and we'll be listening to Mike Tannenbaum selling us a sh!t samich while telling us it's really steak.

If he wasn't retiring the only guy I would consider keeping would be Mike Westhoff, in fact I'd try to see if maybe he'd be interested in staying on as head coach. If not him then I'd take Jon Gruden-an offensive minded coach in the era OF the offense-but once again Rich, you and I both know this team too well and Johnson doesn't have the balls to do something so...well ballsy and we would be seeing Tony Sparano pumping his fist after every FG for the next 4 years and we'll be listening to Mike Tannenbaum selling us a sh!t samich while telling us it's really steak.

Westoff would be a great HC, wont happen though

(wrong quote removed)

You seriously don't think any of the other owners are involved in politics ? Elway introduced Romney in Denver last week..who cares..but are the donkeys getting wadded up because of that ? I guess if Woody was the National Chair of the Wicca foundation it wouldn't be news..or would it ?

I personally detest these idiot owners in the locker room pretending to be athletes and joining in the team celebrations like they

actually have something to do with the teams playing ability.. give me a break. Irsay looked like an idiot he was so drunk .. I have seen enough crying jags to know what one looks like , I am on my third wife.. he should try Paxil instead of Chivas.

As for Woody.. I like an owner that hires people and lets them **** it up... and fires them if needed and replace them and stay out of

the actual team activities... Who needs an Irsay or Jones.. screw that.

The crowd last night was a little scary. A lot of very drunk people getting upset with the mess. On the way out, in the tower I was in, the herding of the crowd and not letting people go through to another exit a really stupid barrier led one guy to slug a security guard, and then all hell broke loose. I can understand the guy's frustration, but there's no excuse for that. Most of these security guards are making the best of an awful situation they didn't create. The place seems to have designed bottlenecks for crowds. DId the people who designed this ever go to an NFL game?

Westoff would be a great HC, wont happen though

yea unfortunately WE have a team that we all love owned by some rich kid who never had to struggle a day in his life and decided to buy the team and have it as a very expensive hobby with which to play with-like a baseball card collector who takes his cards out every weekend to look at before deciding what he needs before he heads over to a card show.

Look, I uderstand that we all have to work-even rich folk like Robert Wood Johnson but the dude has a LOT of extra-curricular activities on his plate to leave so much in the hands of incompetent (and maybe way too young) people like 44 year old Neil Glat, and 43 year old Mike Tannenbaum who wasn't even born yet when the Jets won their one and only championship.

(wrong quote removed)

You seriously don't think any of the other owners are involved in politics ? Elway introduced Romney in Denver last week..who cares..but are the donkeys getting wadded up because of that ? I guess if Woody was the National Chair of the Wicca foundation it wouldn't be news..or would it ?

I personally detest these idiot owners in the locker room pretending to be athletes and joining in the team celebrations like they

actually have something to do with the teams playing ability.. give me a break. Irsay looked like an idiot he was so drunk .. I have seen enough crying jags to know what one looks like , I am on my third wife.. he should try Paxil instead of Chivas.

As for Woody.. I like an owner that hires people and lets them **** it up... and fires them if needed and replace them and stay out of

the actual team activities... Who needs an Irsay or Jones.. screw that.

Dude, there's a big big difference between introducing and throwing your support to a candidate and being the NY chairman of a campaign

The crowd last night was a little scary. A lot of very drunk people getting upset with the mess. On the way out, in the tower I was in, the herding of the crowd and not letting people go through to another exit a really stupid barrier led one guy to slug a security guard, and then all hell broke loose. I can understand the guy's frustration, but there's no excuse for that. Most of these security guards are making the best of an awful situation they didn't create. The place seems to have designed bottlenecks for crowds. DId the people who designed this ever go to an NFL game?

Every week, every season there seems to be one more reason to stop attending games. Don't get me wrong, I'm marooned here in Detroit and if I lived in NJ/NY I'd be the first one trying to get tickets. But damn, bringing family to these games is becoming out of the question. The NFL would like to have you think they care, but deep down they need their booze sales.

Dude, there's a big big difference between introducing and throwing your support to a candidate and being the NY chairman of a campaign

So would you feel better knowing that the majority of team owners support the R colored liar, or the D colored liar ?

The team owners aren't any *more* of a football fan than a crackhead watching the game through a pawn shop window. So would you be happier if Woody was more like Jerry Jones? Maybe it would make it all better if Woody was handing out game balls every fifth or sixth game..and crying in the locker room..

Every week, every season there seems to be one more reason to stop attending games. Don't get me wrong, I'm marooned here in Detroit and if I lived in NJ/NY I'd be the first one trying to get tickets. But damn, bringing family to these games is becoming out of the question. The NFL would like to have you think they care, but deep down they need their booze sales.

Night games are really a bad scene.I like a few beers, but everyone seems to get more tanked up. I hope the Chargers game is flexed out of an 8PM start. There was a femalresecurity guard who looked like someone had really hurt her,and she was screaming at the crowd to go down the escalator, but it couldn't move because it was so crowded and more people from the upper decks were clogging into the mess.

Night games are really a bad scene.I like a few beers, but everyone seems to get more tanked up. I hope the Chargers game is flexed out of an 8PM start. There was a femalresecurity guard who looked like someone had really hurt her,and she was screaming at the crowd to go down the escalator, but it couldn't move because it was so crowded and more people from the upper decks were clogging into the mess.

Add a recent Super Bowl contender turning into a circus on top of that and you have a recipe for disaster.

Can't wait for the Super Bowl @ MetLife!

Woody is the problem.

He's the force behind the signing of Favre, and drafting of Sanchez, not for football reasons, but to sell tickets, PSLs.

He's stalled this franchise for 5 years.

Simply could not agree more.

I am not giving up on Rex Ryan. He has shown that he can win. They need changes in the front office though, big changes.

It will never happen but how great would it be if Woody sold the team?

Woody isn't afraid to spend the $$$$

Not quite sure why the hate for the guy, outside Jets fans always want to fire or get rid of someone

Why the hate? Because he is making football decisions based on non-football reasons.

Also out-priced himself in this new stadium, which wasn't in the state he promised, and that is why there are so many opposing fans there each week. Trying to recoup their investment.

Also because Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick left the organization because he bought the team.

And he cares more about politics than the Jets. He has no problem making this known.

Plus when he wears that hat, we all still know that he is bald. He refuses to acknowledge that we know he is bald.

The Jets have not won it all since he has owned the team. It is his show. So the fail is on his record.

Those are a few reasons why.

Those are a few reasons why.

IMO he's a typical owner in it for the $$$$

If you owned the team, wouldn't you want to see the seats?

I also think Tebow should be used more....not starter more, but let the kid get into rhythm

Kill him for wanting to make money? C'mon Why else did you let me back? Post counts help...lol :happy0069:

Are you guys seriously criticizing Woody for spending big and always trying to make the Jets relevant? LOL. Do you know how many fans wish their team had that kind of ownership?

Please explain to me how EITHER of these 2 things were "wrong."

Being upset about the Favre signing is particularly funny. There was hardly a single Jets fan or NFL analyst that thought they could sign him. When they did sign him, there was hardly a single Jet fan or NFL analyst that didn't love the move, that didn't consider it a major coup. Because it didn't work out as planned (due to Favre's injury - if he wasn't injured, then who knows?), now all of the sudden people want to act like it was a bad move. So hypocritical.

As for Sanchez, I will respect anyone who was against drafting him from the beginning. But if you are one of the many that just complain because he hasn't panned out, then you can't blame Mike (let alone Woody) for that.

Just funny how this "selling PSL's" agenda seems awfully similar to a "let's win the superbowl" one. Probably because they are the same.

IMO he's a typical owner in it for the $$$$

If you owned the team, wouldn't you want to see the seats?

I also think Tebow should be used more....not starter more, but let the kid get into rhythm

Kill him for wanting to make money? C'mon Why else did you let me back? Post counts help...lol :happy0069:

The problem is he doesnt seem to understand that winning games is the easiest way to generate dollars. No one in NY is going to go to the Meadowlands to go watch Tebow play in November during a lost season.

i don't see the point of a thread like this after last night's game.

the jets, seriously undermanned, were competitive in a game that they were huge dogs

I am proud of the way they played last night. Firing people doesn't heal all the injured players. and Woody's other activities don't impact the team either way.

i don't see the point of a thread like this after last night's game.

the jets, seriously undermanned, were competitive in a game that they were huge dogs

I am proud of the way they played last night. Firing people doesn't heal all the injured players. and Woody's other activities don't impact the team either way.

The underlying reasoning is that the roster is a disaster.

Yeah they played hard last night, but come on with this team. This is Texas St Armadillos territory. Guys playing both ways. Rotating QB's. Its embarrassing.

The underlying reasoning is that the roster is a disaster.

Yeah they played hard last night, but come on with this team. This is Texas St Armadillos territory. Guys playing both ways. Rotating QB's. Its embarrassing.

It's only a disaster because of all the injuries.

Look at all the money that was paid to players not in the game: Revis, Holmes, Pouha, Keller, Hill etc. That's millions of dollars of labor not available.

If all the good players are hurt and all the bad players are playing, that's not really a fire everyone sort of situation. We could play the what if game and ask what if the jets were healthy and still 2-3 but that's not the situation.

I don't see how the roster is so terrible and I don't see how the Owner is to blame for injuries.

Rotating QB's. Its embarrassing.

Tell me you didn't want to see more Tebow last night....he played well, and is a spark

Not saying to replace Mark, but let the kid have a series or two...remember when Brad Smith would get a full series

It's only a disaster because of all the injuries.

I knew you were going to say that and I couldnt disagree more. Beginning with the QB, there is little to no talent on this roster save Cromartie and Jeremy Kerley.

This dline we've invested so heavily in has zero sacks bewtween WIlkerson, Ellis and Coples.

Tell me you didn't want to see more Tebow last night....he played well, and is a spark

Not saying to replace Mark, but let the kid have a series or two...remember when Brad Smith would get a full series

If you feel Tebow is the spark just start him.

I knew you were going to say that and I couldnt disagree more. Beginning with the QB, there is little to no talent on this roster save Cromartie and Jeremy Kerley.

This dline we've invested so heavily in has zero sacks bewtween WIlkerson, Ellis and Coples.

I was told Coples is a stud, watched him closely last nite, he was awful

Archived