My 30 day HCG starts now...Anyone familiar?

TnT

This is not an endorsment...

Just a log, so to speak, of my experience over the next 30 or so days.

Being that I despise Facebook and Twitter, I figured Id write it here...where I visit the most.

My Sister and Brother in law have had great success with minimal weight gain back. They arent those annoying people who insist on pushing something that worked for them unto people...but its obviously came up in convo many times over the last year.

My story,..I am not in bad bad shape, however, there is room for improvement. Im not a horrible overeater, or sweets guy...mostly the occasional big meal, couple drinks out or during the game, later then I should moments. Pretty normal. I do work in a warehouse environment so Im active most of the day,...I have a couple bulging disks and and carry most my stress in my shouders and upperback, so sometimes the gym and running is out of the question by days end. I have a 1 and a half yr old daughter that is soooooo active, and I want to keep up with no problem after a day/week of hard work. I played high school sports and have been in good shape, so I do have the discipline being Ive lost 25 just eating better, at proper times. Ive been to the Dr and he said, the better shape Im in, the less my back will act up, so here goes nothing.

Okay so, HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) is a hormone found in pregnant womens urine and has somthing to do with storing fat in a particular place to feed the unborn baby. When taken on the diet, it attacks the fat in the hardest places that common diets and workouts dont. The first 2 days are binge days...2000 plus calories, intended to build up fats to feed the body over the next 28 days with 500 calories porportioned throughout the day. No sugars, startches, low carbs, mostly protiens, chicken, fish, occasional steak, etc etc. Along with the diet, after one week, I will be doing Power 90...which is a more intermediate P90X. I also take vitamin C and Mens one a day for a while now.

Today is the first, so Im obviously happy with my binging...

I am 5'10, 201.2 (I was 226 at my highest 7-8 months ago) as of this morning,..

My goal is 6'2, 180...lol, ok 180 ish.

I will update in this topic regularly, if you're interested in my progress/results/setbacks/success/failure/cheats, lol.

Maybe someone can benefit from my experience...maybe not.

Has anyone done this, or know someone that has?

Failure...success?

Just for conversation purposes....

Can't wait!!! Sounds awesome and good luck. 500 calories a day? Hell I lick that off my fingertips during meals. Thanks for sharing, looking forward to your journey.

Thanks...

Aw man, breaded, drenched, hot wings tonight!

I've never done HCG, and I don't know anyone else who has, but 500 calories per day sounds crazy low, especially if you're exercising. Good luck with it, I'm curious to see how things work out.

I hear ya...

I think the 2000+ for 2 days keeps the body busy for the following 28.

I just hope my vitamins keep my energy level up like it normally does...also my sis strongly recomended a cup of blk coffee in the am with truvia <-eyeroll.

We shall see

Dude - take in less than 20 carbohydrate grams for 30 consecutive days and you'll lose 30 pounds. Guaranteed. And the most exercise you have to do is take out the garbage. Best thing is you can eat as much bacon (are you listening Crush?) and steak as you can fit down your throat. After 30 days you can keep the weight off in proportion to how many carbs you want to take back in. Many people are able to cut out a lot of useless carbs after being off them for a month and not put back on a lot.

Dude - take in less than 20 carbohydrate grams for 30 consecutive days and you'll lose 30 pounds. Guaranteed. And the most exercise you have to do is take out the garbage. Best thing is you can eat as much bacon (are you listening Crush?) and steak as you can fit down your throat. After 30 days you can keep the weight off in proportion to how many carbs you want to take back in. Many people are able to cut out a lot of useless carbs after being off them for a month and not put back on a lot.

LMAO

I have never counted calories, but I just checked one of the calorie counting computers and they suggest that a man of my age, size and activity level eat 2,500 calories a day to maintain weight. That's your binge day + your regular day and I only weigh 180 right now. They suggest 1,500 as extreme fat loss. Be careful. Especially when you add the exercise.

500 calories? That sounds crazy low. I don't see why you need the pee if you are eating that little. Hell the 2K binge isn't even that much. Good luck. Keep us updated.

The pee contains the hormone that specializes in weight loss in "the last trouble areas."

If you were to diet, lets say 2000 calories, 500 less then your counter says, the weight would come off in your face, arms, etc. But you can still have that little gut...the older you get, the harder it is...in most men, we all know there are exceptions.

As far as the Power 90, from what Ive seen its not very intense...I assure you, if I feel ill or am unable to function properly (which I will feel, being so active daily) I will find a better alternative...Health is my main concern, looks not so much.

Hopefully, all goes well.

I will look into this as an alternative if it doesnt work out...being I already invested in my shots and meals, Im already commited.

I have never counted calories, but I just checked one of the calorie counting computers and they suggest that a man of my age, size and activity level eat 2,500 calories a day to maintain weight. That's your binge day + your regular day and I only weigh 180 right now. They suggest 1,500 as extreme fat loss. Be careful. Especially when you add the exercise.

Bad enough to have to diet. Now you gotta do math too?

The pee contains the hormone that specializes in weight loss in "the last trouble areas."

If you were to diet, lets say 2000 calories, 500 less then your counter says, the weight would come off in your face, arms, etc. But you can still have that little gut...the older you get, the harder it is...in most men, we all know there are exceptions.

As far as the Power 90, from what Ive seen its not very intense...I assure you, if I feel ill or am unable to function properly (which I will feel, being so active daily) I will find a better alternative...Health is my main concern, looks not so much.

Hopefully, all goes well.

Good luck. As I said, I am skeptical that 500 calories is near enough for a 200 lb guy to function. I don't know much about the pee hormone, but I never heard of any spot reduction that works. I'm worried that they tell you 500 calories so that they can say that you didn't follow the diet if it fails. Is there something in the hormone that is supposed to keep you functioning better on such a restricted diet? Why does it target the trouble areas? Is supposed to target fat or just your belly?

Last time my dad and I had this conversation it went something like this:

"Chicken drumstick 125 calories x 8 = 1,000

One large pizza 750 calories.

Okay. How do we figure breakfast?"

My Dad just told me to were a condom when we had that talk. 5 kids by three different woman later maybe I should have just had the drumsticks?

500 calories is not healthy at all. i eliminated 500 a day and exercised. Within 2 months i went from 230 to 185 and i'm in awesome shape for a 35 yr old. The trick is eating about 6 small meals or snacks a day.

For a 35 year old? I heard about you playing flag football. I'm sure I'm in worse shape than you and I don't say I'm in awesome shape for a 45 year old. I say I'm in awesome shape. It's true. Have you seen some of these people? I'm sure dbatesman could run the numbers and I'd have a great DVOA!

For a 35 year old? I heard about you playing flag football. I'm sure I'm in worse shape than you and I don't say I'm in awesome shape for a 45 year old. I say I'm in awesome shape. It's true. Have you seen some of these people? I'm sure dbatesman could run the numbers and I'd have a great DVOA!

I guess i should say i'm in awesome shape!

Hey Guys!

Ok...sorry, I will def update you guys more frequintly as we get further down the line. I just didnt want to bore anyone with daily one pound losses for the first week.

Thanks for concern Max! Lol

So I started on 10/9 at 201.2

After my first two binge days I was up to 202.6

So from Day 3-6, Ive lost 4.4 lbs

Im at 198.2

Its really hasnt been to bad food wise.

7am Grapefruit w/Blk coffee

1030 Apple, Orange, or Strawberries

1pm Salad w/Chkn, Crab, Shrimp or etc.

330 Apple, Orange, or Strawberries

630 Chkn, Shrimp, Fish (white) w/broccoli, asparagus, tomato n rice vinegar, or any kind of greens.

900pm Apple, Orange, or Strawberries

I can mix in another cup of iced blk coffee w/Truvia in sometime during the day and I drink at total 4qts of water a day.

I DID NOT start my power 90 workout...

due to circumstances beyond my control...lol....I will probaby start tomorrow.

I feel fine, I have my moments...but the water certainly helps...I did do a 2mile walk Sat AM.

I havent been in pain or have had any energy issues,

So far, all is well.

So there it goes...be back soon!

I have been doing 2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast.

Tuna and a pickle spear for lunch.

Chicken and steamed vegetables for dinner.

5 days a week, for almost a year now.

Don't know how many calories it is, and I go crazy on the weekends, but down to 180 lbs, and no prego pee needed.

Oh and if I must have a snack during the week, BBQ pork rinds it is.

Good luck. As I said, I am skeptical that 500 calories is near enough for a 200 lb guy to function.

You are right, it isn't, and no way you will be able to exercise consuming that little. I would make sure I have someone close by and am standing on a soft carpeted floor when I attempt to exercise after 2-3 days of that, because you will pass the eff out and hit the floor. Not trying to be negative, its just the fact of the matter.

BTW, i just googled "eat 500 calories a day" and this randomly came up:

The Food and Drug Administration warned in January that "homeopathic" forms of hCG are fraudulent and illegal if they claim weight-loss powers.

More bad news: The FDA recently received a report of a patient on the hCG diet who had a pulmonary embolism, Christopher Kelly, a spokesman for the agency, told the paper. He also said people who take the hormone are at risk for blood clots, depression, headaches and breast tenderness.

You are right, it isn't, and no way you will be able to exercise consuming that little. I would make sure I have someone close by and am standing on a soft carpeted floor when I attempt to exercise after 2-3 days of that, because you will pass the eff out and hit the floor. Not trying to be negative, its just the fact of the matter.

The Food and Drug Administration warned in January that "homeopathic" forms of hCG are fraudulent and illegal if they claim weight-loss powers.

More bad news: The FDA recently received a report of a patient on the hCG diet who had a pulmonary embolism, Christopher Kelly, a spokesman for the agency, told the paper. He also said people who take the hormone are at risk for blood clots, depression, headaches and breast tenderness.

Any chance we could get T0m to try it?

So drinking pregnant lady pee instead of eating is bad for you? Good to know.

Archived