•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

My 30 day HCG starts now...Anyone familiar?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 TnT

TnT

Patty Cake Champion

• Members
  • 980 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

This is not an endorsment...
Just a log, so to speak, of my experience over the next 30 or so days.
Being that I despise Facebook and Twitter, I figured Id write it here...where I visit the most.

My Sister and Brother in law have had great success with minimal weight gain back. They arent those annoying people who insist on pushing something that worked for them unto people...but its obviously came up in convo many times over the last year.

My story,..I am not in bad bad shape, however, there is room for improvement. Im not a horrible overeater, or sweets guy...mostly the occasional big meal, couple drinks out or during the game, later then I should moments. Pretty normal. I do work in a warehouse environment so Im active most of the day,...I have a couple bulging disks and and carry most my stress in my shouders and upperback, so sometimes the gym and running is out of the question by days end. I have a 1 and a half yr old daughter that is soooooo active, and I want to keep up with no problem after a day/week of hard work. I played high school sports and have been in good shape, so I do have the discipline being Ive lost 25 just eating better, at proper times. Ive been to the Dr and he said, the better shape Im in, the less my back will act up, so here goes nothing.

Okay so, HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) is a hormone found in pregnant womens urine and has somthing to do with storing fat in a particular place to feed the unborn baby. When taken on the diet, it attacks the fat in the hardest places that common diets and workouts dont. The first 2 days are binge days...2000 plus calories, intended to build up fats to feed the body over the next 28 days with 500 calories porportioned throughout the day. No sugars, startches, low carbs, mostly protiens, chicken, fish, occasional steak, etc etc. Along with the diet, after one week, I will be doing Power 90...which is a more intermediate P90X. I also take vitamin C and Mens one a day for a while now.

Today is the first, so Im obviously happy with my binging...
I am 5'10, 201.2 (I was 226 at my highest 7-8 months ago) as of this morning,..
My goal is 6'2, 180...lol, ok 180 ish.
I will update in this topic regularly, if you're interested in my progress/results/setbacks/success/failure/cheats, lol.
Maybe someone can benefit from my experience...maybe not.

Has anyone done this, or know someone that has?

Failure...success?

Just for conversation purposes....

Edited by TnT, 09 October 2012 - 11:05 AM.

#2 The Crusher

The Crusher

JiF is all about that bass, bout that bass, no treble

• Moderators
  • 30,456 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:22 AM

Can't wait!!! Sounds awesome and good luck. 500 calories a day? Hell I lick that off my fingertips during meals. Thanks for sharing, looking forward to your journey.

#3 Bombdirt

Bombdirt

Bergen Wrote This

• Members
  • 15,412 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:58 PM

I've never done HCG, and I don't know anyone else who has, but 500 calories per day sounds crazy low, especially if you're exercising. Good luck with it, I'm curious to see how things work out.

---Jet Nation's "Donkey Kong" Grand Champion---

I write daily fantasy sports articles and updates. Check out the latest, then get your butt straight back to Jet Nation.

#4 TnT

TnT

Patty Cake Champion

• Members
  • 980 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:18 PM

Can't wait!!! Sounds awesome and good luck. 500 calories a day? Hell I lick that off my fingertips during meals. Thanks for sharing, looking forward to your journey.

Thanks...
Aw man, breaded, drenched, hot wings tonight!

#5 The Crusher

The Crusher

• Moderators
  • 30,456 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

Thanks...
Aw man, breaded, drenched, hot wings tonight!

I could rock this diet till day 3. Then I quits and start over.

#6 TnT

TnT

Patty Cake Champion

• Members
  • 980 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

I've never done HCG, and I don't know anyone else who has, but 500 calories per day sounds crazy low, especially if you're exercising. Good luck with it, I'm curious to see how things work out.

I hear ya...
I think the 2000+ for 2 days keeps the body busy for the following 28.
I just hope my vitamins keep my energy level up like it normally does...also my sis strongly recomended a cup of blk coffee in the am with truvia <-eyeroll.
We shall see

#7 TnT

TnT

Patty Cake Champion

• Members
  • 980 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

I could rock this diet till day 3. Then I quits and start over.

Lol, then the two binge days all over again! Hahahaha

#8 TnT

TnT

Patty Cake Champion

• Members
  • 980 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:25 PM

Thanks for the well wishes guys...appreciate it.
Def keep ya in the loop.

#9 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 26,134 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

Good luck be careful you are getting enough vitamins and nourishment though
Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#10 NJ

NJ

Almost Unwatchable

• Members
  • 9,475 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

Dude - take in less than 20 carbohydrate grams for 30 consecutive days and you'll lose 30 pounds. Guaranteed. And the most exercise you have to do is take out the garbage. Best thing is you can eat as much bacon (are you listening Crush?) and steak as you can fit down your throat. After 30 days you can keep the weight off in proportion to how many carbs you want to take back in. Many people are able to cut out a lot of useless carbs after being off them for a month and not put back on a lot.
NATION....... JETNATION

#11 The Crusher

The Crusher

• Moderators
  • 30,456 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

Dude - take in less than 20 carbohydrate grams for 30 consecutive days and you'll lose 30 pounds. Guaranteed. And the most exercise you have to do is take out the garbage. Best thing is you can eat as much bacon (are you listening Crush?) and steak as you can fit down your throat. After 30 days you can keep the weight off in proportion to how many carbs you want to take back in. Many people are able to cut out a lot of useless carbs after being off them for a month and not put back on a lot.

LMAO

#12 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 28,360 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

500 calories? That sounds crazy low. I don't see why you need the pee if you are eating that little. Hell the 2K binge isn't even that much. Good luck. Keep us updated.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#13 The Crusher

The Crusher

• Moderators
  • 30,456 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

500 calories? That sounds crazy low. I don't see why you need the pee if you are eating that little. Hell the 2K binge isn't even that much. Good luck. Keep us updated.

Im still trying to figure out how to get the pregnant ladies to let you drink their pee.

#14 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 28,360 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:37 PM

I have never counted calories, but I just checked one of the calorie counting computers and they suggest that a man of my age, size and activity level eat 2,500 calories a day to maintain weight. That's your binge day + your regular day and I only weigh 180 right now. They suggest 1,500 as extreme fat loss. Be careful. Especially when you add the exercise.

#15 TnT

TnT

Patty Cake Champion

• Members
  • 980 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

Im still trying to figure out how to get the pregnant ladies to let you drink their pee.

Duhhh, they have websites that specialize in this!
8)

#16 TnT

TnT

Patty Cake Champion

• Members
  • 980 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

The pee contains the hormone that specializes in weight loss in "the last trouble areas."
If you were to diet, lets say 2000 calories, 500 less then your counter says, the weight would come off in your face, arms, etc. But you can still have that little gut...the older you get, the harder it is...in most men, we all know there are exceptions.
As far as the Power 90, from what Ive seen its not very intense...I assure you, if I feel ill or am unable to function properly (which I will feel, being so active daily) I will find a better alternative...Health is my main concern, looks not so much.
Hopefully, all goes well.

#17 TnT

TnT

Patty Cake Champion

• Members
  • 980 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

I will look into this as an alternative if it doesnt work out...being I already invested in my shots and meals, Im already commited.

#18 The Crusher

The Crusher

• Moderators
  • 30,456 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:54 AM

Duhhh, they have websites that specialize in this!
8)

Feel free to NOT post that link. LOL

#19 The Crusher

The Crusher

• Moderators
  • 30,456 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:55 AM

I have never counted calories, but I just checked one of the calorie counting computers and they suggest that a man of my age, size and activity level eat 2,500 calories a day to maintain weight. That's your binge day + your regular day and I only weigh 180 right now. They suggest 1,500 as extreme fat loss. Be careful. Especially when you add the exercise.

Bad enough to have to diet. Now you gotta do math too?

#20 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 28,360 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:56 AM

The pee contains the hormone that specializes in weight loss in "the last trouble areas."
If you were to diet, lets say 2000 calories, 500 less then your counter says, the weight would come off in your face, arms, etc. But you can still have that little gut...the older you get, the harder it is...in most men, we all know there are exceptions.
As far as the Power 90, from what Ive seen its not very intense...I assure you, if I feel ill or am unable to function properly (which I will feel, being so active daily) I will find a better alternative...Health is my main concern, looks not so much.
Hopefully, all goes well.

Good luck. As I said, I am skeptical that 500 calories is near enough for a 200 lb guy to function. I don't know much about the pee hormone, but I never heard of any spot reduction that works. I'm worried that they tell you 500 calories so that they can say that you didn't follow the diet if it fails. Is there something in the hormone that is supposed to keep you functioning better on such a restricted diet? Why does it target the trouble areas? Is supposed to target fat or just your belly?

#21 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 28,360 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:00 AM

Bad enough to have to diet. Now you gotta do math too?

Last time my dad and I had this conversation it went something like this:

"Chicken drumstick 125 calories x 8 = 1,000

One large pizza 750 calories.

Okay. How do we figure breakfast?"

#22 The Crusher

The Crusher

• Moderators
  • 30,456 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:04 AM

Last time my dad and I had this conversation it went something like this:

"Chicken drumstick 125 calories x 8 = 1,000

One large pizza 750 calories.

Okay. How do we figure breakfast?"

My Dad just told me to were a condom when we had that talk. 5 kids by three different woman later maybe I should have just had the drumsticks?

#23 JoeC36

JoeC36

JetNation's Keeper Of The Anals

• Moderators
  • 12,185 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:16 AM

Im a miserable prick when im eating regularly, I'd be a complete ****ing wreck if I was only eating 500 calories.

Screw exercise too. I hear people talking about a runners high, I'll stick to my eaters high thank you very much.

289 Time Post of the Week Loser

#24 The Crusher

The Crusher

• Moderators
  • 30,456 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:25 AM

Im a miserable prick when im eating regularly, I'd be a complete ****ing wreck if I was only eating 500 calories.

Screw exercise too. I hear people talking about a runners high, I'll stick to my eaters high thank you very much.

You go boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#25 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 59,449 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:44 AM

Tnt please check in every day we areat worried about you.

The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web. Visit our blog, Facebook page and Twitter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users