• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 SoFlaJets

SoFlaJets

Sasquatch Hunter

• Members
  • 33,859 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

1 16 Quinton Coples DE North Carolina 2 43 Stephen Hill WR Georgia Tech 3 77 Demario Davis LB Arkansas State 6 187 Josh Bush DB Wake Forest 6 202 Terrance Ganaway RB Baylor 6 203 Robert T. Griffin G Baylor 7 242 Antonio Allen SS South Carolina 7 244 Jordan White WR Western Michigan 2011 - New York Jets RD SEL # PLAYER POSITION SCHOOL 1 30 Muhammad Wilkerson DT Temple 3 94 Kenrick Ellis DT Hampton 4 126 Bilal Powell RB Louisville 5 153 Jeremy Kerley WR Texas Christian 7 208 Greg McElroy QB Alabama 7 227 Scotty McKnight WR Colorado 2010 - New York Jets RD SEL # PLAYER POSITION SCHOOL 1 29 Kyle Wilson CB Boise State 2 61 Vladimir Ducasse T Massachusetts 4 112 Joe McKnight RB USC 5 139 John Conner RB Kentucky 2009 - New York Jets RD SEL # PLAYER POSITION SCHOOL 1 5 Mark Sanchez QB USC 3 65 Shonn Greene RB Iowa 6 193 Matt Slauson G Nebraska 2008 - New York Jets RD SEL # PLAYER POSITION SCHOOL 1 6 Vernon Gholston LB Ohio State 1 30 Dustin Keller TE Purdue 4 113 Dwight Lowery CB San Jose State 5 162 Erik Ainge QB Tennessee 6 171 Marcus Henry WR Kansas 7 211 Nate Garner T Arkansas

#2 T0mShane

T0mShane

From devil to Bevell, '15

• Members
  • 25,728 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

Jeremy Kerley is the best pick of the Rex Era. How grand.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#3 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts
  • LocationThe Hall of Doom

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

What does berate mean?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 dbatesman

dbatesman

FUGGER

• Members
  • 8,173 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

Wilkerson is actually a good player, but he's not a sack artist, and when the LBs are as bad as they are all of his effort against the run is wasted anyway.

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#5 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,875 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

Wilkerson is actually a good player, but he's not a sack artist, and when the LBs are as bad as they are all of his effort against the run is wasted anyway.

He's not good enough to justify where he was taken.
Tank for Teddy.

#6 BroadwayJoe12

BroadwayJoe12

JN's Rust Cohle

• Members
  • 8,310 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

True. A lot to expect from someone picked with the 30th overall selection, expecting him to be Bruce Smith wouldn't be fair. He does offer some pass rush ability, but not the consistent type you'd get with someone like von miller. I have a feeling we aren't going to notice how good Wilkerson, Ellis and Coples are until we completely revamp our linebacking corp. Replacing thomas and scott with an actual pass-rushing OLB and than an inside backer like Navaro Bowman (who was a 3rd/4th rounder i believe) would transform the defense immediately. You can see right away that the Texans attacked the edges and the jets just didn't have the speed to do anything about it.

#7 SoFlaJets

SoFlaJets

Sasquatch Hunter

• Members
  • 33,859 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

Exhibit A in the case against Mike Tannenbaum-either he's gotta go or Rex and his whole crew has to go

#8 afosomf

afosomf

mon

• Members
  • 21,667 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

Exhibit A in the case against Mike Tannenbaum-either he's gotta go or Rex and his whole crew has to go

all of the above Jim

#9 T0mShane

T0mShane

From devil to Bevell, '15

• Members
  • 25,728 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:06 PM

Seems like he'll be a nice player. Not an impact, Pro-Bowl type player maybe, but a really solid starter. It'd be nice to see what he could do pass-rush-wise if the offense ever gave them a big lead.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#10 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,875 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

Seems like he'll be a nice player. Not an impact, Pro-Bowl type player maybe, but a really solid starter. It'd be nice to see what he could do pass-rush-wise if the offense ever gave them a big lead.

Nothing. He's never done anything impressive as a pass rusher in his career and we'd know by now.
Tank for Teddy.

#11 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Transition Player

• Members
  • 7,238 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

That's true.

Also if it was not so easy to gash our defense on the ground we might see a lot more of pass rush situations.

#12 The Crusher

The Crusher

Woof

• Moderators
  • 28,863 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

The fact the only retort I can think of is to say, "Oh yeah what about Keller?" Makes me want to cry.

unclerico.gif

#13 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,875 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

The fact the only retort I can think of is to say, "Oh yeah what about Keller?" Makes me want to cry.

Keller was a Mangini pick aside from the fact that he really isn't anything all that special.
Tank for Teddy.

#14 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

CZARFACE

• Members
  • 15,748 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

Like 27-7 at halftime?

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#15 The Crusher

The Crusher

Woof

• Moderators
  • 28,863 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:36 PM

Keller was a Mangini pick aside from the fact that he really isn't anything all that special.

Kinda the point of my post, but thanks.

unclerico.gif

#16 Joewillie2012

Joewillie2012

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Locationupstate NY

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

unless we get real lucky and get a real good QB that can keep the Jets competitive with mediocre talent things will be getting pretty bad around here for a while. :indifferent0023:

#17 dbatesman

dbatesman

FUGGER

• Members
  • 8,173 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

He's not good enough to justify where he was taken.

He's a top-3 3-4 DE against the run and we got him at #30 overall. He's not great, but he's certainly not part of the problem.

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#18 Jetscode1

Jetscode1

Veteran

• Members
  • 7,333 posts
  • LocationNorth America; Western Hemisphere; the Earth; the Solar System; the Universe; the Mind of God

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

Looked faster last year...haven't checked his weight but on TV just looks slower...my biggest criticism of Rex is his lack of credibility...he screams how awesome each guy...the they look average...the whole preseason...it was wow...gonna be the next___________(fill in the blank).

Just can't buy what Rex is selling.

Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: A man must have a code. 

#19 Obrien2Toon

Obrien2Toon

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

Looked faster last year...haven't checked his weight but on TV just looks slower...my biggest criticism of Rex is his lack of credibility...he screams how awesome each guy...the they look average...the whole preseason...it was wow...gonna be the next___________(fill in the blank).

Just can't buy what Rex is selling.

He looks a lot heavier, and slower. Maybe they asked him to bulk up. But he looks a little sloppy.

#20 BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite

provocateur wannabe

• Members
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationPago Pago

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

Slauson, Kerley, McKnight, Keller. 4 players worth a damn in 5 years
At that rate, the Jets will make the Super Bowl.......in 2075.

Good job, Tanny. Way to go......
BD

#21 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,666 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

i am gonna pull a gil renard on mike tannenbaum

#22 bassmaster2

bassmaster2

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

This is the problem with the Jets , poor drafting for years , player personal guy went to west coast , maybe the new guy will do a better job

#23 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,615 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

if they aint tough i dont want em

#24 sirlancemehlot

sirlancemehlot

perpetual rookie

• Members
  • 4,209 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

I remember when he was named Chansi Stuckey. Then traded away to move up for Sanchez. Along with some draf picks and other players. Good times.

#25 sirlancemehlot

sirlancemehlot

perpetual rookie

• Members
  • 4,209 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

He's a top-3 3-4 DE against the run and we got him at #30 overall. He's not great, but he's certainly not part of the problem.

Nobody's calling this out? We're just all standing around and being like "yeah, OK. I'll go with that" ? Alright, I guess. I'll just pretend everything's cool. Check my watch a coupla times. Talk about the weather for a bit. Nice this time of year. The leaves and all that. Colorful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users