I am the only one who is still in Mark Sanchez' corner?

drocksthaparty

People keep saying this. They came out flat on defense, but no more so than they did on offense. When it was 10-0 we started one drive on like the 40 and still punted. Also one of Pittsburgh's scoring drives the officials gave Mendenhall an extra yard and a half for 1st & 10 instead of 4th & 1. In other words, the defense stopped him, but the officials gave it to him anyway. Then Sanchez does his usual crappy job of not realizing someone is trying to tackle him and takes his sweet time standing in one place as Taylor strip sacks him and they run it in for 6. THAT plus the offense putting up a big goose-egg up to that point was what made the game 24-0 and out of reach, not the underachieving first half D.

For the game, our defense gave up 17 points and actually scored 2 points. Their defense gave up 17 points and scored 7.

In terms of net points, our defense gave up 15 and Pittsburgh's gave up 10.

In the end, the difference in score was their QB didn't giftwrap 7 points to his opponent and ours did.

I won't read a post this long.

But based on other posts I have read of yours, I am 99.9999% sure you're wrong

I won't read a post this long.

But based on other posts I have read of yours, I am 99.9999% sure you're wrong

Yes, yes. Who are you going to believe, the 0.1% of football fans around the country who think Mark Sanchez is anything but awful, or your lying eyes?

By your logic we should be giving Kellen Clemens another shot with a couple years as starter since he wasn't given a fair shot on the field either. No OL, awful ground game, only had injured mediocre WRs and backup WRs and a garbage TE to throw to, the season was already in the crapper at 1-7 and the team had already given up when he got to start his first game, and Brian Schottenheimer was his OC. Sound familiar?

lol

So ive been following this forum for a while now, but just decided to make an account recently. Ive noticed a lot of Sanchez bashing and a lot of stats being taken out of context. Sanchez has been FAR from perfect but call me crazy I see him transforming. Did anyone see that pass to Cumberland, that was absolutely gorgeous, he had a few other beautys too but besides a few nice passes I felt he was able to fnd open recievers a lot easier this game for some reason (they looked real good against a tough secondary.. Besides the drops) . I honestly think santonio Holmes caused a lot of problems for the other recievers and Sanchez for whatever selfish reasons and now that hes gone we will see Sanchez and these mediocre wrs gel. His statline looked bad but do you forget there were 3droped passes one for a pick and 4batted balls, 1for a pick which probably wouldve been a td, so instead of 49% hes 21for 29 300yards 2touchdowns no picks, those numbers are how good he played, jj watt and drops****ed him that game

So ive been following this forum for a while now, but just decided to make an account recently. Ive noticed a lot of Sanchez bashing and a lot of stats being taken out of context. Sanchez has been FAR from perfect but call me crazy I see him transforming. Did anyone see that pass to Cumberland, that was absolutely gorgeous, he had a few other beautys too but besides a few nice passes I felt he was able to fnd open recievers a lot easier this game for some reason (they looked real good against a tough secondary.. Besides the drops) . I honestly think santonio Holmes caused a lot of problems for the other recievers and Sanchez for whatever selfish reasons and now that hes gone we will see Sanchez and these mediocre wrs gel. His statline looked bad but do you forget there were 3droped passes one for a pick and 4batted balls, 1for a pick which probably wouldve been a td, so instead of 49% hes 21for 29 300yards 2touchdowns no picks, those numbers are how good he played, jj watt and drops****ed him that game

Hahahaha...I see...your Mark Sanchez right?

This is the definition of a *moral* reply.

I'm still holding hope that he learns how to slow his ADD riddled little mind down and read the field better. If he can make improvements in this mental part of his role/position, he'll also be more aware of who's about to strip and or deflect him, and maybe even improve on his accuracy.

I'm sure you meant besides me, right? lol No your not the only one......for so many reasons. Right off the bat you have the same hope and anticipation that comes with EVERY one of these saviors, especially the 1st round franchise type guys. We haven't had that since Namath. We've had to grow up watching Marino up close, Elway, Montana....you know the list and we've had nothing. Every first round pick has come out showing promise, only to fall apart..if not physically, then mentally...and the same goes for our "big" FA splashes, 39 yr old Farve, O'Donnell Flash in the pan and Esiason, who never had a chance. Even Glenn Foley had me going for a minute.

Second of all, as bad as his accuracy and decision making have been, it has all been mental for him. I've seen him play very well, in the clutch when it mattered, namely against the guys who are waiting to put a beat down on us this week. So, i know he can do it. PLUS, I HAVE to give the benefit of the doubt considering the swine he is playing for. It is obvious that he was undermined, when the only thing brought in to help an already anemic offense was a backup QB, who isnt that good. Not only did Tebow destroy the entire equilibrium of the team, and it had to affect Sanchez' mental state, because he's human, BUT it also straight up took snaps from him in practice, after hiring a new OC, and relying on a rookie #2WR AND has single-handedly ruined drives on the field. And to top it off, after trading away a valuable 4th rounder for him, they packed up and went to the Bahamas to celebrate. In fact, it behooved them to not add anything for him....a la Major League.

Third, as disgusting as the roster was to start (on O mainly), 9 million bucks under the cap, and I wouldn't expect ANY QB to have success with these dudes.....on top of that we have gotten killed with injuries. We lost our #1WR, our #2 WR, and #1 TE. And just to boot, EVERYONE is under-performing.

In other words: As bad as the numbers are (and they're bad)...If there were ever a player who I thought deserved SOME slack, it's him.

And the main reason that I must still back Mark Sanchez is that he is literally all we have! And anyone who disagrees, just get back with me after a game with Tebow. Besides, it's just plain stupid business to invest what they have in a QB and then railroad him out.

We'll see a perfect example of a franchise QB coming in and being set up to succeed with Luck. They are already building around him with good receiving TEs......wait three years down the road, he'll be surrounded with weapons. WE invest our whole draft to get our guy. Call him the Sanch-ize... and then immediately call ourselves "Ground and Pound", slowly shave away everyone who can catch, and in his pivotal fourth year, do nothing but pre-emptively start a QB controversy, hire a new OC, famous for working around QBs and entice their fans with....the ****ing Wildcat! lmao

How can I not be in the kid's corner? Have you ever worked at a ****ed up job?? Even though he's throwing the ball like he's wearing 3-d glasses, I refuse to let ANY of the 52 kids on this team deflect the firing squad bullets that need to hit their mark......Tannabum first and foremost, Then if only we could get to Woody......who called this "unacceptable" and I couldn't help envisioning him playing Ving Rhames character towards the end of Pulp Fiction. lol

Sanchez is an undercooked burger served to me in a place that should be closed down by the health department and condemned.

Thank Matt (who knows, dude)

DUDE, its like this. You can add food coloring and spices to a turd but its still a turd. Once you know its a turd you wont eat the turd. Sanchez is a turd, you can try and surround him with stuff but a turd is a turd. His essence is turdish....the guy throws flat footed, he panics, he stares down his receivers, he is prone to tipped passes and he has 57 TURNOVERS in 51 games....that is more than 1 a game. T-U-R-D.

Tebow is a flashy piece but deep down his QB skills are turdy too. Time to draft a non-turdish QB.

I'm sure you meant besides me, right? lol No your not the only one......for so many reasons. Right off the bat you have the same hope and anticipation that comes with EVERY one of these saviors, especially the 1st round franchise type guys. We haven't had that since Namath. We've had to grow up watching Marino up close, Elway, Montana....you know the list and we've had nothing. Every first round pick has come out showing promise, only to fall apart..if not physically, then mentally...and the same goes for our "big" FA splashes, 39 yr old Farve, O'Donnell Flash in the pan and Esiason, who never had a chance. Even Glenn Foley had me going for a minute.

Second of all, as bad as his accuracy and decision making have been, it has all been mental for him. I've seen him play very well, in the clutch when it mattered, namely against the guys who are waiting to put a beat down on us this week. So, i know he can do it. PLUS, I HAVE to give the benefit of the doubt considering the swine he is playing for. It is obvious that he was undermined, when the only thing brought in to help an already anemic offense was a backup QB, who isnt that good. Not only did Tebow destroy the entire equilibrium of the team, and it had to affect Sanchez' mental state, because he's human, BUT it also straight up took snaps from him in practice, after hiring a new OC, and relying on a rookie #2WR AND has single-handedly ruined drives on the field. And to top it off, after trading away a valuable 4th rounder for him, they packed up and went to the Bahamas to celebrate. In fact, it behooved them to not add anything for him....a la Major League.

Third, as disgusting as the roster was to start (on O mainly), 9 million bucks under the cap, and I wouldn't expect ANY QB to have success with these dudes.....on top of that we have gotten killed with injuries. We lost our #1WR, our #2 WR, and #1 TE. And just to boot, EVERYONE is under-performing.

In other words: As bad as the numbers are (and they're bad)...If there were ever a player who I thought deserved SOME slack, it's him.

And the main reason that I must still back Mark Sanchez is that he is literally all we have! And anyone who disagrees, just get back with me after a game with Tebow. Besides, it's just plain stupid business to invest what they have in a QB and then railroad him out.

We'll see a perfect example of a franchise QB coming in and being set up to succeed with Luck. They are already building around him with good receiving TEs......wait three years down the road, he'll be surrounded with weapons. WE invest our whole draft to get our guy. Call him the Sanch-ize... and then immediately call ourselves "Ground and Pound", slowly shave away everyone who can catch, and in his pivotal fourth year, do nothing but pre-emptively start a QB controversy, hire a new OC, famous for working around QBs and entice their fans with....the ****ing Wildcat! lmao

How can I not be in the kid's corner? Have you ever worked at a ****ed up job?? Even though he's throwing the ball like he's wearing 3-d glasses, I refuse to let ANY of the 52 kids on this team deflect the firing squad bullets that need to hit their mark......Tannabum first and foremost, Then if only we could get to Woody......who called this "unacceptable" and I couldn't help envisioning him playing Ving Rhames character towards the end of Pulp Fiction. lol

Sanchez is an undercooked burger served to me in a place that should be closed down by the health department and condemned.

Thank Matt (who knows, dude)

super-cool-story-bro.png

I keep reading articles talking about Tebow Mania, and how he is going to be the savior, but Sanchez looked damn good last week. His picks were because of deflected passes. Sanchez did a good job, I support him and am sick of seeing stuff like this

http://nfldraftzone....ht-in-new-york/

Hi - I'm Courtney - wanna be best friends forever and ever????????

DUDE, its like this. You can add food coloring and spices to a turd but its still a turd. Once you know its a turd you wont eat the turd. Sanchez is a turd, you can try and surround him with stuff but a turd is a turd. His essence is turdish....the guy throws flat footed, he panics, he stares down his receivers, he is prone to tipped passes and he has 57 TURNOVERS in 51 games....that is more than 1 a game. T-U-R-D.

Tebow is a flashy piece but deep down his QB skills are turdy too. Time to draft a non-turdish QB.

you're ****ing gross dude

• 2 years later...

Archived