Raul is so cool

Blackout

Un. Real.

Jeter gets paid like $40mil/year, Arod gets paid 30mil/year, Cano $20mil/year, Tex $20mil/year.... And we're probably eliminated right now if it weren't for Russell Martin and Raul Ibanez. Think about that for a cool second...

Go Yankees.

The Mark Lemke Effect

I was reading all the articles on it today, and more than one writer mentioned that this was the sort of moves fans call for. But, honestly, I never thought about pitch-hitting for ARod in that spot. I knew he was sucking, but I thought it was going to be a "redeem yourself" type of opportunity.

Anybody else thought that? Or were you saying they should pitch hit for him?

I was reading all the articles on it today, and more than one writer mentioned that this was the sort of moves fans call for. But, honestly, I never thought about pitch-hitting for ARod in that spot. I knew he was sucking, but I thought it was going to be a "redeem yourself" type of opportunity.

I did not think of it, I was counting A-Rod as an out, my brother thought of the pinch hit though.

That was incredible. Ibanez is like the MLB version of Robert Horry

Except minus the rings. Or being abnormally clutch to include doing it more than once.

He had a moment. If the Yanks win it all, their path through the AL looks a lot easier, it will be elevated.

Except minus the rings. Or being abnormally clutch to include doing it more than once.

He had a moment. If the Yanks win it all, their path through the AL looks a lot easier, it will be elevated.

Technically, he did it twice.

Technically, he's done it 5 times in 3 weeks.

I think your right on the money. I would have thought pinch hitting for Swisher but you never pinch hit for a Switch Hitter. problem is Swisher sucks on both sides of the plate sooooooo. Start Gardner or Ibanez in game 5 please in RF

Technically, he's done it 5 times in 3 weeks.

If regular season clutchness counted, A-Rod would be G.O.A.T.

Technically, he did it twice.

He did it once.

Coming up in the bottom of the 9th, down a run, No doubt.

Staying in the game and hitting another homerun 3 innings later. Nice. Clutch? Meh.

As I said in the other thread, i'm kinda glad Ibanez struck out in the 9th last night. It's ridiculous that a 40 yr old part-time DH making a couple of mill has to carry a lineup full of underachieving high priced chokers.

Archived