A word to the wise on PSL's

AlToon88

Here's some advice to the PSL holders who are are sorry they got themselves into the mess, can't afford the tix any more, are sick of the increases in the PSL seat ticket costs, sick of paying full price for pre-season games, are pissed that the Jets decided to sell upper bowl seats for only $50 bucks; killing the value of YOUR tickets or just regret ever making the decision in the first place...

There is NO resale market for Jets PSLs. This is a life sentence! So if you want to get out of your PSL and you're thinking that you'll just pay it off and put it up for sale... think again... ain't no one out there to buy em! Take a look at the independent website Stadium PSL Exchange under NY Jets... http://www.stadiumpsl.com/new-york-jets-psl-s-for-sale/1134.html

There are 388 listings for Jets PSL's. NOT 388 seats, 388 listings (only 2 other teams have more listings out there), most with 2 seats some with 4 to 6 seats. So there's around 1200 seats out there that fans are tryng to dump. Many are asking a fraction of the original cost. This is only THREE years in!! Just think how the number will increase in a few more years!

So, here's my advice... the key is if you're on a 15 year payment plan, this could work for you. If on a 15 year plan, you still have a large outstanding balance. Example, if you have 2500 PSL seats, your outstanding balance is $1910. Odds are that your balance well exceeds the market prices for seats in your location. My advice in this case is simple... WALK AWAY!, Default on the payments. Unauthorize any future credit card or ACH payments. You'll be better off. The loss you're taking will pay for itself on the savings you'll have on the pre-season tix for the next three years alone. In this case, it would be extremely hard to sell a 2500 PSL on the open market for 1900.

If you're worried about what will happen if you default on your future payments, this is what the Jets have on their website in writing...

What happens if I do not purchase my season tickets or complete my PSL payments?

If you default on your obligations under the PSL Agreement or Club Seat Agreement, Jets Stadium Development LLC will have the rights listed in the default provisions of those agreements, which include forfeiture of your PSL and all monies you have paid for that PSL up to that point. This means you will no longer have the right to buy season tickets for those seats for that season or any future season. Jets Stadium Development LLC then will have the right to resell your PSL with no obligation to you as the former PSL holder.

I usually wouldn't post something like this, but I have my reasons... the Jets ticket folks have wronged me and I'm fed up. Once they have you in deep with the PSL, you're F***KED and they treat you like a piece Sh*t! The more I think about it, the more I realize how poor a decison it is on our part to invest in PSL's in the 1st place. Now's your chance to get out before it's too late! Good Luck!

Are you from NY?

I think they are going to have to do something to the contracts that default or they will lose all their PSL's.

A certain amount of people are going to be test dummies and default this year.  If they are siting here this time next year, going nan nan na nan nan.  The Jets go 4-12, the rest of the proud holders, with tons of cheaper tickets on the market, are going to default.

Jets aren't going to let that happen

but where was the bad press??? I mean this is barely any bad press, and everyone hates Daniel Snyder!

I guess that would only happen in NY.   :-)

Edited by Lil Bit Special

I think they are going to have to do something to the contracts that default or they will lose all their PSL's.

A certain amount of people are going to be test dummies and default this year.  If they are siting here this time next year, going nan nan na nan nan.  The Jets go 4-12, the rest of the proud holders, with tons of cheaper tickets on the market, are going to default.

Jets aren't going to let that happen

I just hope people dont get themselves into a terrible bind due to Jets PSL's.  i hope people thoroughly review their options before they decide to default and not just rely on other people's posts that the jets wont pursue them.

I just hope people dont get themselves into a terrible bind due to Jets PSL's.  i hope people thoroughly review their options before they decide to default and not just rely on other people's posts that the jets wont pursue them.

I agree 100%

If the Jets don't want to lose 10's of millions of dollars, this could get ugly very quickly.  People better know what they are stepping into when they default.  The letter posted above seems to indicate they are coming after the money

Must have been lonely on that island with 90% of JetNation posters.

well with ecurb posting a million all caps responses to anyone speaking ill of psls, it did feel that way

I dont think calling you an ahole had anything to do with psl's.

:happy0071:

disappointed it took hours for someone to knock that ball off the tee

• 6 years later...