Off Topic - ARod is not very good right now

Maxman

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol can we slump cano in with this bag of sh*t. I just cant understand why our team cant hit at all.

are we in line for a major upheaval?

The yankees have the pitching the reason this team cant produce runs is because they dont do the little things the team in the 90's did on a regular basis. Hitting behind runners, working pitcher's into long counts, moving runners into scoring position. If we keep relying on the 3 run homer like we have for the past 10 years its not going to happen for us not aganist pitchers in the playoffs they are just too good. I would much rather have contact hitters than home run hitters come playoff time. Also you would think at some point in a big spot Tex would bunt away from that shift. This team just does not play very smart baseball. We had the bases loaded 3 times and every time we were swinging for the fences. What ever happened to making contact ? I cant see this team even touching Verlander in Detroit but hey ya never know

The swing Granderson took to end the last game was on a pitch that was closer to 3rd base than the home plate. And you get to see some rare things when he is batting. Like strucking out on 3 pitches.

Swisher is just lost.

Swisher and Granderson better heat up in the next 3 games because based on what they have done so far they certainly have booked their tickets out of the Bronx.

Yankees are stuck with A-Rod. He is not getting any younger. Hopefully he gets soooo tired of getting booed everyday that he retires.

Which leaves us to Cano. With every at bat he seems to decrease the chances of Yankees giving him a super contract.

The yankees have the pitching the reason this team cant produce runs is because they dont do the little things the team in the 90's did on a regular basis. Hitting behind runners, working pitcher's into long counts, moving runners into scoring position. If we keep relying on the 3 run homer like we have for the past 10 years its not going to happen for us not aganist pitchers in the playoffs they are just too good. I would much rather have contact hitters than home run hitters come playoff time. Also you would think at some point in a big spot Tex would bunt away from that shift. This team just does not play very smart baseball. We had the bases loaded 3 times and every time we were swinging for the fences. What ever happened to making contact ? I cant see this team even touching Verlander in Detroit but hey ya never know

Going into the season I thought our pitching was going to be god awful.

but normally cano and even swisher are contact hitters they just fell off a cliff for some reason. I believe the biggest difference that can be made this offseason is getting rid of granderson and swisher. Bring in a couple of fast young hitters (justin upton or someone).

Also our pitching staff may be gutted next year if Pettite leaves and kiroda isnt resigned.

Going into the season I thought our pitching was going to be god awful.

but normally cano and even swisher are contact hitters they just fell off a cliff for some reason. I believe the biggest difference that can be made this offseason is getting rid of granderson and swisher. Bring in a couple of fast young hitters (justin upton or someone).

Also our pitching staff may be gutted next year if Pettite leaves and kiroda isnt resigned.

I like Grandy hes just in a tremendous slump and I think hes swinging for the fences a bit too much. He used to hit for a decent average so Im not sure WTF happened this year but hes still good in CF .

Swisher however is a steaming pile of cat sh*t. He really cost us in game one with his fielding and his gitting. those 2 flyballs he misplayed cost us 4 runs and the second one ruined a historic comeback I bet Raul Ibanez wanted to strange him. Its funny Girardi sits A-Rod yet he lets Swisher continue to go out there and play because hes a switch hitter, problem is he cant hit from either side of the plate. I really hope Gardner gets a shot in left field since we can easily move Ichrio to Right his normal position.

Either way I do not think Swisher will be a Yankee next year. If thats the case I still think Gardner takes the spot.

I like Grandy hes just in a tremendous slump and I think hes swinging for the fences a bit too much. He used to hit for a decent average so Im not sure WTF happened this year but hes still good in CF .

Swisher however is a steaming pile of cat sh*t. He really cost us in game one with his fielding and his gitting. those 2 flyballs he misplayed cost us 4 runs and the second one ruined a historic comeback I bet Raul Ibanez wanted to strange him. Its funny Girardi sits A-Rod yet he lets Swisher continue to go out there and play because hes a switch hitter, problem is he cant hit from either side of the plate. I really hope Gardner gets a shot in left field since we can easily move Ichrio to Right his normal position.

Either way I do not think Swisher will be a Yankee next year. If thats the case I still think Gardner takes the spot.

Idk if i like grandy anymore. I think we can get great trade value for a 43 home run CFer. Hes only had 1 kinda 2 years which were 6 years ago hes hit for average. Also idk where some people get these crazy stats but allegedly he is one of the worst defensive cfers in the league. I want some dudes hitting .300 especially with Jeter maybe dead, and ichiro leaving.

I love gardener I just dont know if he can hit. I think hes had 1 hit since his injury but i read that they arnt sure his arm can hold up after prolonged hitting. Vibration of the bat or just the force may mess him up more.

I just want us to get younger lol. Get 2 new quick youngins in the outfield and hopefully that will help manufacture some runs. Also I think we need to mess with the lineup because after ichiro we have a long stretch of instant out guys except raul i guess.

I did one of those lawl things.

So Yankee fans - How about that Granderson? Yay or nay on the option?

At this point in time you know what you have, I would sign him. But we need to find a way to rid ourselves of Arod. Swish is history.

Hah I see in the Post today he was trying to pick up some girls in the stands while the Yankees were playing

What does that tell you......I never liked the deal that brought him here in the first place. I could careless about how many homers he hit(s)...i don't want him here.

Haven't listened to any sports talk or read any of the papers, but why did Girardi leave Ibanez in to face Coke? He's been dismal against LHP over the last two years and you have a $30m player who, despite being a mental midget, has crushed lefties this year.

At least force Leyland to make a move to Valverde or Benoit in that spot... you can't give him the matchup he's looking for.

Haven't listened to any sports talk or read any of the papers, but why did Girardi leave Ibanez in to face Coke? He's been dismal against LHP over the last two years and you have a $30m player who, despite being a mental midget, has crushed lefties this year.

At least force Leyland to make a move to Valverde or Benoit in that spot... you can't give him the matchup he's looking for.

There's no way in hell Girardi was pinch hitting for Ibanez there considering he's a major reason they even got to the ALCS. He also hit a gamewinning homer in the ALDS off a lefty.

That was a good AB against Coke and a nasty 3-2 pitch. It is very hard to lay off a 3-2 slider around the strikezone.

There's no way in hell Girardi was pinch hitting for Ibanez there considering he's a major reason they even got to the ALCS. He also hit a gamewinning homer in the ALDS off a lefty.

That was a good AB against Coke and a nasty 3-2 pitch. It is very hard to lay off a 3-2 slider around the strikezone.

I'm not saying it would've been an easy move to make, but it was probably the right one even though it would've taken major cojones.

I'm not saying it would've been an easy move to make, but it was probably the right one even though it would've taken major cojones.

But it wouldn't have been the right move because no one is hitting lefties either. Girardi can't pinch hit for the only postseason power hitter with someone with 1 weak single off a lefty this postseason. Girardi was praying Ibanez would have rescued the team in that spot.

They might not take the deal since they're well run on about 50 million a year

lol its amazing. I blame half ass edness. if your gonna be the yankees and spend money be the Yankees and spend lots and lots of money. We shoulda rly pushed for cole hamels and justin upton. I do like what they did with ichiro tho hes only one showing up to play recently

Archived