Tigers vs Yankees ALCS thread

Blackout

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh.

I just hope the playoffs continue to be exciting. this first round was awesome.

completely different pitching staff to go up against

and maybe Detroit won't steal our signs as well

A-rod better be starting at 3rd though, enough with that BS. Just bat him 5th or 6th.

lets talk about something positive: Sabathia

as a Yankee he is 74-29 with a 3.22 ERA in 905 innings (regular season)

in the playoffs he's 7-1 in 78.2 innings with 27 runs allowed (3.09 ERA i think)

2009 ALCS MVP

I think he is the best free agent signing by any team in the past decade

CC was great tonight. But if the Tigers get Velander to start 2 and at worst pitch or start a 3rd game, I don't see how the Yankees' lineup does much. Arod is everyone's whiiping boy, but Cano is not doing anything right now.

2009 ALCS MVP

I think he is the best free agent signing by any team in the past decade

When he signed with the Yankees they were missing the big time pitcher, the ace. They have him. It would be a fun game to watch with him and Verlander in a game 7 this season.

And that Cards game was totes cray cray.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/no-show--yankees-try-to-disguise-empty-seats-at-alcs-by-moving-fans.html

No show: Yankees try to disguise empty seats at ALCS by moving fans

NEW YORK – For the second consecutive playoff game, swaths of empty seats filled Yankee Stadium, entire rows without a single fan. And on Saturday night, instead of letting them sit embarrassingly open for Game 1 of the ALCS, ushers were told to fill them with fans from other sections.

"We were up there," said Bill Brady, 46, of Roxbury, N.J., pointing from his new seat in Section 334 to the top of 434b. "Way up there."

Brady was one of dozens of fans ferried by ushers in the bottom of the fourth inning to Section 334 down the left-field line, which just an inning earlier had nine people sitting among more than 100 unfilled seats. One usher, who asked not to be identified, said he was told by a superior to start sending fans to the higher-priced seats.

"I don't know what it's about," the usher said. "I guess they want to make it look better on TV."

While some Yankees fans mobilized on Twitter and other social networks to rationalize the second consecutive non-sellout, fans in Section 334 were miffed and disappointed that a metropolitan area of 22 million couldn't sell out a stadium with a capacity short of 51,000. The announced attendance was 47,122.

Empty seats during playoff games are the domain of Atlanta – and even the Braves sold out their wild-card game this year. To see Yankee Stadium with giant blue patches not only down the left-field line but in Section 207 in right field was stunning and inconceivable for a game played at the old Yankee Stadium, which was shuttered in 2008.

"At the old stadium, a playoff game, Saturday night, it was electric. It was a zoo," said Charles Weimer, 33, of Staten Island, who was sitting in the sixth row of 334. "There were guys in jersey-shirts, drinking $8 beers. They're gone, and I don't know if they're going to come back. Your $10 tickets are $50 tickets now."

Indeed, the face-value ticket prices are exorbitant. Seats for Sunday's Game 2 against the Detroit Tigers are available on the Yankees' website for between $113 and $688. The Legends Seats – behind home plate and the surrounding areas – range from $860 to $1,715. A spokesman for Major League Baseball said the league offers a variety of potential ticket prices to each team, which then chooses its desired pricing for its LCS home games.

For the discerning consumer, on the other hand, there are bargains to be found. On StubHub at 10:30 p.m. ET, more than 8,000 tickets were available – nearly 250 for less than $40.

One of the original denizens of 334, 51-year-old Irene Gallante, of Poughkeepsie, bought a pair of tickets off StubHub for $128. Her sentiment echoed that of Don Young, 47, the only person sitting in the 29-seat back row of Section 333: Nobody knew the Yankees were even going to be in the ALCS until late Friday, when they beat the Baltimore Orioles in Game 5 of the division series.

"I thought it was just too last-minute," Gallante said.

There is some merit to that, and to the idea of Saturday-night plans, annoying traffic, problematic parking, crowded trains, a bad economy and even getting so spoiled by success that even ALCS games no longer hold the cachet they once did.

Still, these are the Yankees. Winners of 27 championships. Purveyors of the most popular brand in American sports. Architects of a $1.5 billion stadium that was supposed to be the diamond of baseball diamonds.

On Saturday, it was cubic zirconia, the team resorting to desperate measures to fill seats.

"I don't understand," Brady said. "I figure at the drop of a hat Yankee fans would show up."

Part of it is cost, but the schedule is really stupid. The Yankees are the top seed and yet they got no off day before the ALCS. That makes no sense, plus a lot of people couldn't adjust things to go tonight to see the Raul ibanez show.

Will Middlebrooks in regards to Yankees/Tigers game:

Will Middlebrooks@middlebrooks

This is simply insane... #raul

Dumb**** Red Sox fan tweets back to him:

45]

alex b
@
abart76

@
middlebrooks
dont forget where ur salary comes from bro. JHenry signs ur check but Red Sox fans not Yankee fans get u paid

45]

19m
alex b
@
abart76

@
middlebrooks
@
IamCodyRoss
hmm odd how real Red Sox like Pedey and Papi aren't on the yankees jock like you two

a464b9e69684ac7f8e924ae3880a748b_normal.png
alex b
@
abart76

@
middlebrooks
Life is norhing without loyalty. Hope Sox sh*tcan u

http://nymag.com/dai...erek-jeter.html

Deep down, now that you know what you know: You wish Raul Ibanez hadn't hit that homer, don't you? You probably should.

Raul Ibanez did the impossible again tonight/this morning, blasting a jaw-dropping two-run homer in the bottom of the ninth with two outs to tie the Detroit Tigers 4-4 in Game One of the American League Championship Series. It was in front of about one-third of Yankee Stadium was disguised as an empty seat, but the place roared regardless, and Ibanez was gonna be in Monument Park, a part of Yankees history forever. It brought the Yankees back from a 4-0 ninth inning deficit. It was amazing and out-of-control.

And, as it turned out, it was the worst thing that could have possibly happened.

continue reading here....

http://nymag.com/dai...erek-jeter.html

Archived