John Cena (yes, that John Cena) named Honorary Captain for Colts game

dbatesman

I thought you already were a Browns fan?? Must. Pay. Better. Attention.

When I was a kid The Jets were my #1, Giants my #2 and Browns my #3. I had a ton of Dawg Pound stuff on my walls. My two biggest idols were Wesley Walker and Hanford Dixon. I actually loved Mike Quick too. Anyway, 1987 was a weird year for me. Although I was rooting for the Jets the fact it was the Browns in that OT game was a consolation. Then the Giants had just won a SB and that's when I realized I had to pick one team and figured the underdog Jets instead of the front runner Giants. I was 12 or 13 then. Anyway I always kept a soft spot in my heart for Cleveland until Dixon and Minnifield were no longer the CB tandem.

So this feels right. Go Browns!!!!

was that at least in the early 80's when the jets were good and the giants not so much ?

It was actually in 87. I didn't want to be a front runner and I actually liked the Jets uniforms and some of their players better. Plus everyone i knew was a Giants fan including my dad.

GO BROWNS!!!!!

It was actually in 87. I didn't want to be a front runner and I actually liked the Jets uniforms and some of their players better. Plus everyone i knew was a Giants fan including my dad.

GO BROWNS!!!!!

ok. do you feel the gleam yet ?

What Florio fails to mention, and what no one here seems to want to mention either, is that this is breast cancer awareness month. The NFL is supporting it by having their players, coaches, etc. wearing pink. That is pretty common knowledge.

What may not be as common knowledge is that the WWE has partnered with the Susan G. Komen Foundation in support of breast cancer awareness as well. Cena was actually the driving force behind it and even changed his in-ring 'colors' to pink and changed his catchphrase from 'Rise Above Hate' to 'Rise Above Cancer' on his ring gear. They changed their ring ropes to pink and white and have the pink ribbon logo on their entranceway now. They also mention it at least 10 times a show, even focusing on people in the audience affected by breast cancer, similar to what they do when they announce troops in attendance.

Sure, part of it may be because Wrestlemania is next year at Metlife Stadium, but seriously, that is in April. Promoting the NFL and WWE supporting cancer is happening right now. I'm sure Cena will most likely come out wearing some of his 'Rise Above Cancer' apparel.

Before people start bashing the Jets and the WWE, I just wanted to give out more than just one man's (Florio) skewed opinion.

Yeah, well said. While I can get some people not liking the whole interacting with WWE thing, given the stigma, it's pretty clear what this is all about, so I think this hardly the thing to be trashing the Jets for. There are more than enough reasons out there to trash the Jets that aren't actually built around something that is meant for a good cause. You know, like the fact that they suck at playing football.

Yeah, well said. While I can get some people not liking the whole interacting with WWE thing, given the stigma, it's pretty clear what this is all about, so I think this hardly the thing to be trashing the Jets for. There are more than enough reasons out there to trash the Jets that aren't actually built around something that is meant for a good cause. You know, like the fact that they suck at playing football.

Of course it's something to trash the Jets for. Sucking at football and stunts like this are just different symptoms of the same disease. If Ross and J-Lo pulled this sh*t, we'd have a 30-page lollercoaster on our hands.

GO BROWNS!!!!!

I heard a rumor that Sanchez might be traded to Cleveland this off season.

As a Colts fan going to the game tomorrow, I'm sure we'd be more than happy to boo the Pats fan along with you guys, if that's the plan.

It'l be a great bonding experience! :winking0001:

But seriously, Mick Foley would be a much better option. And he actually IS a Jets fan, from what I've heard. And a cool dude to boot.

You guys are laughing now, but when Roddy Piper runs onto the field and nails Sanchez with a plantain, you're gonna feel like idiots.

hahahaha wasnt it a coconut!!?? that pipers pit was the best!! I read Jimmy Snooka had no idea that Piper was gonna nail him with the coconut.....Snooka got a concusion and was never the same after that...basically ended his career

Serious question for our resident Woody-slurpers: what, exactly, separates us from the Dolphins right now? Be specific.

The Dolphins have a QB who actually has a chance to succeed.

The Dolphins have a playmaking RB.

The Dolphins can stop the run.

See what I did there?

What Florio fails to mention, and what no one here seems to want to mention either, is that this is breast cancer awareness month. The NFL is supporting it by having their players, coaches, etc. wearing pink. That is pretty common knowledge.

What may not be as common knowledge is that the WWE has partnered with the Susan G. Komen Foundation in support of breast cancer awareness as well. Cena was actually the driving force behind it and even changed his in-ring 'colors' to pink and changed his catchphrase from 'Rise Above Hate' to 'Rise Above Cancer' on his ring gear. They changed their ring ropes to pink and white and have the pink ribbon logo on their entranceway now. They also mention it at least 10 times a show, even focusing on people in the audience affected by breast cancer, similar to what they do when they announce troops in attendance.

Sure, part of it may be because Wrestlemania is next year at Metlife Stadium, but seriously, that is in April. Promoting the NFL and WWE supporting cancer is happening right now. I'm sure Cena will most likely come out wearing some of his 'Rise Above Cancer' apparel.

Before people start bashing the Jets and the WWE, I just wanted to give out more than just one man's (Florio) skewed opinion.

FTW

what a bunch of nancies around here

lol

Serious question for our resident Woody-slurpers: what, exactly, separates us from the Dolphins right now? Be specific.

MetLife Stadium will host "Wrestlemania 29" on April 7th 2013.

As usual, Woody being more interested in filling the seats than putting a productive team on the field - though they were very productive today!

Archived