Hand-picked game-changing fullback John Conner released (Merged)

T0mShane

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HOFers? HOFers?

Is it too much to ask middle round picks to provide some level of production on a team? Is that too much?

Other teams do it so well. The Jets, not so much.

Mcknight, Kerley, Brad Smith, Slauson, Pouha, etc etc etc say hi.

Conner got an injury settlement and will probably be back. They elevated Marcus Dowtin from the practice squad. He is a fast LB. Not sure Dowtin will help any against the Pats, but he looked like a real good special teamer. Dowtin can fly, (4.58) but is a little undersized at LB (6'2", 230). Kid played at Georgia for 3 years and then lost his scholarship over a bar fight and had a big year at North Alabama as a senior. He was apparently the MVP of the "Battle of Florida" whatever that is. I liked him in the preseason.

Conner got an injury settlement and will probably be back. They elevated Marcus Dowtin from the practice squad. He is a fast LB. Not sure Dowtin will help any against the Pats, but he looked like a real good special teamer. Dowtin can fly, (4.58) but is a little undersized at LB (6'2", 230). Kid played at Georgia for 3 years and then lost his scholarship over a bar fight and had a big year at North Alabama as a senior. He was apparently the MVP of the "Battle of Florida" whatever that is. I liked him in the preseason.

Damn you're fast. I was just going to post this.

This would be why you don't waste a 5th Rd pick on a fullback with no ball skills when you have zero team depth. When you miss on 1st Rd picks, trade away other early-to-mid rounders for the right to overpay players on their 2nd contract, and spend late-rounders on guys with little to no upside, this is the type of roster you end up with.

We spent the 61st pick that year on Ducasse, a project that has yet to see the field as a lineman in any meaningful situations and the 139th pick on "hand-picked" Conner, who, if not for Hard Knocks and a cool (but undeserving) nickname, would be an unknown to most Jets fans. Meanwhile, the Packers used the 169th pick on Marshall Newhouse, who is in his 2nd season as a starter at tackle.

In looking back at it in some detail, this draft was even more brutal for the Jets than I had thought.

Marshall Newhouse - or Marshall Powerhouse? THAT is the question. One offensive line I'm consistently finding myself jealous of is the Packers...they prop Rodgers up week after week. He's way better than Matt Slauson.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/02/20/2011-pass-blocking-efficiency-offensive-tackles/

We're talking the 69th (!!!!) best starting tackle in the NFL. Jesus Christ it's moves like this from Tannenbaum that draws my ire. The man is just...it's unfathomable how Not a Football Man he is.

Marshall Newhouse - or Marshall Powerhouse? THAT is the question. One offensive line I'm consistently finding myself jealous of is the Packers...they prop Rodgers up week after week. He's way better than Matt Slauson.

http://www.profootba...ensive-tackles/

We're talking the 69th (!!!!) best starting tackle in the NFL. Jesus Christ it's moves like this from Tannenbaum that draws my ire. The man is just...it's unfathomable how Not a Football Man he is.

Dude, our O Line is very very good. Its our QB that makes them look less stellar than they actually are. Rodgers would make our O Line look they were all 8' tall.

Dude, our O Line is very very good. Its our QB that makes them look less stellar than they actually are. Rodgers would make our O Line look they were all 8' tall.

Oh please. Picks like Newhouse make Rodgers the Discount Double Check star he is today. They land guys like that because a true Football Man guides their path with his everlasting light. You are tripping if you think otherwise.

Wouldn't mind having Greg Hardy instead of Conner...

Greg Hardy is underrated as all heckaroni, but DL isn't an issue here. This is from the biggest Greg Hardy fan ON the Internetz.

Oh please. Picks like Newhouse make Rodgers the Discount Double Check star he is today. They land guys like that because a true Football Man guides their path with his everlasting light. You are tripping if you think otherwise.

Greg Hardy is underrated as all heckaroni, but DL isn't an issue here. This is from the biggest Greg Hardy fan ON the Internetz.

You think Rodgers regrets using his whole belt thingy for those commercials? Cause its legit become "the discount double check". I bet he hates doing it now.

http://www.profootba...ensive-tackles/

I never said the guy was a world-beater, but the Packers never gave him any help in the form of an extra blocker as a 1st-year starter and he's on a team that takes more sacks than usual by design. Factor in that he wouldn't be playing LT here, and you're telling me that you wouldn't have rather had him coming into this season than the like of Wayne Hunter?

Archived