is Chandler Jones the one who got away ? ? ?

kelly

Do you realize what Belichick did to one of the best offenses in the history of the NFL (Rams) in his first SB appearance as a HC ? Yep that was the Patriots defense and the reason why he won 3 SB's. Did you forget about that defense or are you trying to argue that they sucked ?

It certainly helps your defense when you know the calls ahead of time. Or did we just sweep videogate under the rug?

Rex started the season saying the team was loaded with talent, and outside of losing Revis on defense, nothing has changed.

So if he's not getting the most out of this talented roster, it's a coaching problem.

Between Mo, Maybin, and Coples, them having a combined 2.5 sacks I blame the coaching. Coples had 24 sacks in 3 years at NC. The Jets have rendered him suddenly ineffective.

And when was the last time the Jets ran a "stunt" or "twist" blitz? Every other team uses it, and gets instant QB pressure, but the Jets don't......

BD

Yah, where are those stunts and blitzes at?

Let me explain something to you before you make a bigger fool of yourself. Belichick won 3 SB's in the past 12 years and yes a few of them within this decade of fail you seem to be talking about.

He also coached some great defenses with the Giants that actully won SB's with nothing special on offense. HE actully turned our Defense around in the late 90's, thats if you remember he was a DC for us.

When you look at a coach you look at the entire body of work, to even put Rex Ryan anywhere close to Bill Belichick based on performance is beyond stupid. I personally hate the guys guts but that does not mean Im going to be ignorant and bash the guy in an actual football discussion. Rex Ryan is light years away from anything Bill Belichick has accomplished even as a Defensive Coordinator .

buddy, before you start calling other people fools, you should take a look at the hooded genious' record without Brady. A few years ago, I would have been right beside you in declaring bill a defensive genious BUT these past few years have changed my opinion of him. How someone who cut their teeth on that side of the ball can fail so miserably at putting a competant defense on the field has cost him a few SBs and with Tommy Terrific, he is wasting his good years...

buddy, before you start calling other people fools, you should take a look at the hooded genious' record without Brady. A few years ago, I would have been right beside you in declaring bill a defensive genious BUT these past few years have changed my opinion of him. How someone who cut their teeth on that side of the ball can fail so miserably at putting a competant defense on the field has cost him a few SBs and with Tommy Terrific, he is wasting his good years...

in new england the key is brady...seriously :winking0001:

What's interesting is that up until the last game, the Jets had been trailing in most games and couldn't really go into a pass rushing mode since teams were running at will on them. Every game the Pats are in seems to be a shootout, with teams playing from behind a lot and passing a lot. That definitely leads to more pass rushing opportunities. I wouldn't get too crazy over six games.

Good and valid point.

Jones is a prime example of what a high effort, strong motor guy can achieve. For all his supposed physical upside, Coples really looks like a lazy slug on the field with the exception of a few flashes. He is simply a non-factor most of the time. I hope he comes around, but methinks not. Hope I am wrong.

Jones is a prime example of what a high effort, strong motor guy can achieve. For all his supposed physical upside, Coples really looks like a lazy slug on the field with the exception of a few flashes. He is simply a non-factor most of the time. I hope he comes around, but methinks not. Hope I am wrong.

i hope you're wrong also :winking0001:.... he's still a rookie so hopefully he'll develop/improve & be more productive :character0181:

Archived