• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 leonwash29

leonwash29

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:36 AM

In preparation of a probable loss this weekend, I figured I'd get a head start on a short rant that's been building up over the past couple years from the obvious things you've probably and I have definitely noticed. Things will not change unless you kill the problem from the head down so here it goes.

With Rex, every year and after every game, it's the EXACT same song and dance:

'Belichick is the best coach. It's me vs. him. The division (STILL) runs through them'

'I'm sticking with Mark, no question, he's my guy. Eventually things are going to turn around. '

'We're the team to beat. We're gonna give em' our best shot, 'come out swinging'. I feel this is my best team since I've been coach.'

'We got our azses kicked/embarrassed today but I'll tell you one thing I'll play em' again right now.'

-Like a broken record, you're going to hear the same quotes on Sunday.-

'Mark is still my guy.' ..... etc

Same old Rex = Same old Jets. Like you guys said he will never even get another coordinating job because of his stubborn and obnoxiously overpowering personality. He's also a sh*t head coach who neglects to acknowledge the offense every year through draft and free agency.
(2 First round DE's and STILL no pass rush!)

End the circus and bring in a disciplinarian coach who will be taken seriously.
Players coaches don't win Super Bowls.

I pray this team does some serious spring cleaning which includes the axing of Mike, T. Rex, Sanchez and Santonio. I'd go on about the other 3 but I've already wasted enough time. <rant over>

#2 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,506 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:43 AM

Like you guys said he will never even get another coordinating job because of his stubborn and obnoxiously overpowering personality.

Who said this? I wish he was our D coordinator

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#3 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

pumba lookin ass- Chris Ivory

• Members
  • 22,660 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:03 AM

Same old Rex = Same old Jets. Like you guys said he will never even get another coordinating job because of his stubborn and obnoxiously overpowering personality. He's also a sh*t head coach who neglects to acknowledge the offense every year through draft and free agency.

Rex WILL get another coordinator job. Rex WILL get another head coaching job. Rex WILL be successful at his next stop.
When the weight of the world has got you down And you want to end your life,Bills to pay, a dead-end job,And problems with the wife.But don't throw in the tow'l,'Cuz there's a place right down the block...Where you can drink your misery away...At Flaming Moe's.... (Let's all go to Flaming Moe's...)When liquor in a mug (Let's all go to Flaming Moe's...)Can warm you like a hug. (Flaming Moe's...)And happiness is just a Flaming Moe away...

#4 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

• Members
  • 22,660 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:04 AM

Who said this? I wish he was our D coordinator

I wish he was on the Flight Crew or replace Fireman Ed
When the weight of the world has got you down And you want to end your life,Bills to pay, a dead-end job,And problems with the wife.But don't throw in the tow'l,'Cuz there's a place right down the block...Where you can drink your misery away...At Flaming Moe's.... (Let's all go to Flaming Moe's...)When liquor in a mug (Let's all go to Flaming Moe's...)Can warm you like a hug. (Flaming Moe's...)And happiness is just a Flaming Moe away...

#5 JiF

JiF

President of the Rex Ryan Fan Club

• Members
  • 36,393 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:28 AM

Yay!!! More fire Rex Ryan threads.

3 years ago he changed the culture. This year, sitting 3-3 with a shot to take out the Patriots.....CLEAN HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted Image

#6 Thor99

Thor99

Making friends since 1970

• Moderators
  • 18,265 posts
  • LocationLeland, NC

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:34 AM

Mangini got another job.
Herm got another job.
Rex will always be able to get a job.
Look at me
I'm a tangled puppet
I might be a mess
But I sure can survive

#7 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 26,942 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:24 PM

3 years ago he changed the culture. This year, sitting 3-3 with a shot to take out the Patriots.....CLEAN HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the problem. He changed the culture. Most of these people were happy to sit through all those years of Herm because "he has a winning record". Now a guy isn't allowed to go .500 for 6 games without them calling for his head on a platter. Herm would have ridden those 2 AFC Championship games into a 30 year career as Jets coach.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#8 JiF

JiF

President of the Rex Ryan Fan Club

• Members
  • 36,393 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

That's the problem. He changed the culture. Most of these people were happy to sit through all those years of Herm because "he has a winning record". Now a guy isn't allowed to go .500 for 6 games without them calling for his head on a platter. Herm would have ridden those 2 AFC Championship games into a 30 year career as Jets coach.

But did you see the way Herm addressed the media?
Posted Image

#9 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

• Members
  • 22,660 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

.500 for 6 games? Guess you forgot last season.

Other than 1 very good season, Rex's teams are barely over .500 I think we're lucky to be that good with such a terrible cast of players.

#10 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

• Members
  • 22,660 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:27 PM

But did you see the way Herm addressed the media?

Hello?

Posted Image

Edited by Lil Bit Special, 18 October 2012 - 01:27 PM.

#11 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,198 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:37 PM

Mediocrity is apparently the opiate for the masses.
Originally Posted by Blackout™
LOL ignorance is bless.

#12 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,198 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:44 PM

Please name for me one aspect of the 3 main areas of the team that has improved fro year 1 of Rex, to year 4.

I know this, for every one that you name, I will be able to list at least 2 that are in decline.

That does not bode well. And the evidence continues to mount that they are further in erosion.
LOL ignorance is bless.

#13 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts
  • LocationThe Hall of Doom

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

Posted Image

#14 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 26,942 posts

Mediocrity is apparently the opiate for the masses.

I want consistency, but I'm not willing to put up with anything but constant winning!

A lot of people try to correlate Eli's career with Sanchez. How about Rex with Coughlin? Took over with a new QB and his first three years the team was 6-10, 11-5 and 8-8. They were 0-2 in '07 before they went on a tear. There was plenty of discussion about Coughlin losing the team and he had to start some ridiculous "leadership" panel because the player were rebelling over his stupidity - rules that you had to be 5 minutes early to meetings, etc.

True the team Coughlin took over was 4-12, not 9-7. OTOH, they were 10-6 the year before that and only a few years removed from the super bowl loss to the Ravens. Also Coughlin had been a head coach before in college and the pros, so he should have been better prepared than Rex who is known as a good motivator and defensive mind, but a work in progress as far as running the whole show. I'd like to see how things go before we run him out of town.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#15 FloridaJetsFan

FloridaJetsFan

Hail Caesar

• Members
  • 2,333 posts
  • LocationNavarre, FL

Please name for me one aspect of the 3 main areas of the team that has improved fro year 1 of Rex, to year 4.

I know this, for every one that you name, I will be able to list at least 2 that are in decline.

That does not bode well. And the evidence continues to mount that they are further in erosion.

BULL!!! We're like 5th in Kick Returns. So there!

#16 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 4,434 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

Hello?

Posted Image

Rare to find such an eloquent orator who is also an expert at mopping meat.
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#17 Ryno the Jet

Ryno the Jet

AGS WIN

• Members
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:14 PM

Posted Image

#18 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 16,986 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

looking forward:

big game this weekend !!!

wooot !!!!!!
Like so many Americans, she was trying to construct a life that made sense from things she found in gift shops.

#19 jack48

jack48

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 4,237 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:11 AM

Rex WILL get another coordinator job. Rex WILL get another head coaching job. Rex WILL be successful at his next stop.

Agree wholeheartedly. Fact is, the kind of bluster Rex came in with was cute and caught our jaded sportswriters by surprise, but that kind of rhetoric actually works better in the provinces. Before long the vultures of our local media were looking to punch holes in Rex, and I think they have hurt his brand. I wish he would just do football, too. But if he wants to brag and boast, it would still go over in the college-ey pro towns of the country. I am not crazy about his admitted personnel choices (John Connor), or the focus on defensive drafts, but he knows his football, and he can motivate.

#20 gEYno

gEYno

2013-2014 JN Captain

• Members
  • 17,120 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:06 AM

The question with regard to Rex is if another coach would do better with these players. I don't see any reason to believe they would. Kind of like how replacing Schotty netted us 0. We need to change the players and the guy acquiring them.

Posted Image

#21 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,198 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:43 AM

The question with regard to Rex is if another coach would do better with these players. I don't see any reason to believe they would. Kind of like how replacing Schotty netted us 0. We need to change the players and the guy acquiring them.

I really would not mind someone that does not have an antiquated view of how a football team should be coached and is able to have his staff "coach up" players.

Rex needs to go. Regardless how quippy he is in press conferences. he brings zero as a coach
LOL ignorance is bless.

#22 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 45,691 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:45 AM

Mangini got another job.
Herm got another job.
Rex will always be able to get a job.

Difference is Rex will get a COACHING job. As much as I'd love to see Rex as an analyst, he'll be scooped up as a DC in less than an instant. Herm and Mangini are still waiting for the phone to ring.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#23 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 45,691 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:45 AM

I really would not mind someone that does not have an antiquated view of how a football team should be coached and is able to have his staff "coach up" players.

Rex needs to go. Regardless how quippy he is in press conferences. he brings zero as a coach

Really? Zero? Your arguments are trending retarded on this guy.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#24 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,615 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:54 AM

he didnt change our entire culture? Didnt bring a somewhat elite or atleast competitive defense every year? Hasnt had more success then most jets coaches?

BTW: i was hoping this thread was about the yankees

Edited by jetsjetsjetss, 19 October 2012 - 07:56 AM.

#25 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,198 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

Really? Zero? Your arguments are trending retarded on this guy.

You ignored my earlier request to name a unit on the squad that has improved under Rex's brilliance. I am waiting.
LOL ignorance is bless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users