Where to the Yankees goes from here?

BlackDynamite

Wow...Just WOW!

They are getting no hit thru 5 innings.

This is the kind of series that will make you clean house. This is the last time Granderson, Swisher and probably A-Rod will be donning a Yankee uniform. Cano will come back but if someone is willing to give him a super mega contract for his casual but successful regular season play not sure if the Yankees will match. This whole lineup has failed. Verlander is good but not all of Detroit pitching is not the second coming of Nola Ryan. The Yanks have just looked lost against all pitching they have faced. You cannot bring a majority of this lineup back. Its not one player. Its the core of that lineup that has failed miserable and has to go!

I would rather see a Yankee team being build from the ground up and suck for a couple seasons than see this tragic ending!

Is it a surprise that the only Yankee who performed consistently through this post season was Derek Jeter. It tells you a lot why the Yanks won 4 out 5 World series in the last 90's. A champion to core. We need more players like him on the team. Maybe someday we can see a Yankee lineup that couid rival Paul O'Neil, Tino, Bernie, Scott Brosius for being clutch. They were not mega home run hitters but man were they clutch!

Update: No hit and shutout broken as soon as I posted this.

All those great 90's Yankee teams also had post seasons where the "clutch" hitters stunk. It just wasn't the entire line-up at the same time which is why it went unnoticed.

Yanks will NEVER build from the ground up. I do think that they at least consider Josh Hamilton after the poor post seasons play from their outfield. Otherwise, Grande, Cano, Tex are all sure fire returns to the team in 2013. Probably can add ARod to that list as well.

All those great 90's Yankee teams also had post seasons where the "clutch" hitters stunk. It just wasn't the entire line-up at the same time which is why it went unnoticed.

Yanks will NEVER build from the ground up. I do think that they at least consider Josh Hamilton after the poor post seasons play from their outfield. Otherwise, Grande, Cano, Tex are all sure fire returns to the team in 2013. Probably can add ARod to that list as well.

just imagine an outfield of Granderson, Hamilton and Gardiner. three men who can all play centerfield.

of course i'd rather have Suzuki over Grandy

Granted, Granderson is one of the youngest starters, that is not a joke, but shouldn't the Yankees get a player that can actually hit?

It was clear early in the season the Yanks were going to live or die by the longball. Hamilton would be nice bat. I am a little unsure of a 'fragile' guy like him could handle NY, but the Yanks got to do something and he is the Top FA.

We will see if their stated goal of 185 million happens. In order to fix the team, they will need to blow that number out of the water.

Granted, Granderson is one of the youngest starters, that is not a joke, but shouldn't the Yankees get a player that can actually hit?

It was clear early in the season the Yanks were going to live or die by the longball. Hamilton would be nice bat. I am a little unsure of a 'fragile' guy like him could handle NY, but the Yanks got to do something and he is the Top FA.

We will see if their stated goal of 185 million happens. In order to fix the team, they will need to blow that number out of the water.

Yeah Like I said "if" they went after Hamilton then Granderson could be gone. Otherwise I do not see it. 40 plus HR's, 10 steals and a good defense in center is not a player who is labeled as someone who can't hit or easily replaced.

Not a Yankee fan but their current line-up can easily support Grande's K's.

This is a non story if the entire line-up does not go quiet all at once. Spoiled Yankee fans and haters overblow it. Not sure aout the salary goal being blown out of the water to "fix" things. It all depends who stays and who gets signed or traded for.

They could return this exact team and win the AL East.

Yeah Like I said "if" they went after Hamilton then Granderson could be gone. Otherwise I do not see it. 40 plus HR's, 10 steals and a good defense in center is not a player who is labeled as someone who can't hit or easily replaced.

Not a Yankee fan but their current line-up can easily support Grande's K's.

This is a non story if the entire line-up does not go quiet all at once. Spoiled Yankee fans and haters overblow it. Not sure aout the salary goal being blown out of the water to "fix" things. It all depends who stays and who gets signed or traded for.

They could return this exact team and win the AL East.

They could because they will get fat on crappy pitching during the regular season.

Then come the post season, they will struggle against decent pitching.

I do not disagree with your point other than hitting .232 means you cannot hit. He has power, so he is shaping into Dave Kingman.

I am just saying that with a lineup that all have decent power (everyone had 15+ HRs), you could allow his 40+ HRs to walk and bring in a CFer that could hit for average to help balance the lineup. A player that might actually be a top of the lineup player in place of Jeter.

Again, they can survive with him and probably get bounced in the playoffs next year.

Archived