Who will replace these refs

JetsFanInDenver

So the guy 25 yard afar from the ball makes a Pass Interference call on Kyle Wilson and the ref 4 yards away does not.

Sorry this is not on the JETS team. This is outrights fixing. With no penalty Pats punt the ball instead of going forward to kick a FD in OT.

Have you not been watching the NFL during the last 10 years during their reign off fraud? This happens ALL the time.

No just a pick on play that should have been a TD, fumbled the ball twice.....but yeah other than that I get what you are saying

Mark Sanchez did exactly what they've trained him to do since he entered the league. He gave the team a chance to win. He handed things over to the defense with a lead and 1:30 left and they blew it. they lost the game 100 times over today, and I can point to at least three other plays where I wondered WTF was going on. Sanchez didn't do this by himself.

One other thing I noticed...

On the final sack/fumble of Sanchez. He had a guy lunging at his feet and legs and wrapping him up by the legs. Isn't that supposed to be a penalty because of what happened to Saint Brady?

It's both. The Jets lost the game because Sanchez is the worst QB in the NFL and Rex's D is overrated sh*te but the refs have also been giving that fraud franchise games for 11 years. Both are true.

Yep. The refs were blatantly calling everything against the jets and nothing against New England. Im surprised that no one other than Jets fans sees this.

;-)

Yep. The refs were blatantly calling everything against the jets and nothing against New England. Im surprised that no one other than Jets fans sees this.

;-)

So...you don't have an issue with a ref 25-30 yards away from the play calling a PI towards the end of the game to keep a drive alive for the Pats?

So...you don't have an issue with a ref 25-30 yards away from the play calling a PI towards the end of the game to keep a drive alive for the Pats?

No. If its the right call, its the right call. If the ref closest wasnt watching at the moment the penalty occurred, then the deep ref has to make the call. And he made it quickly, just took a few seconds for him to shot-put his beanbag.

When I watched it live, I had no issue with the call. I will have to re-watch it to see if I agree with yous peoples.

the PI call was blatant. there was the phantom holding call on Moore to wipe out Sanchez's run. and there was the reversed fumble. the call could have gone either way, but there was no real evidence to conclusively overturn it.

One other thing I noticed...

On the final sack/fumble of Sanchez. He had a guy lunging at his feet and legs and wrapping him up by the legs. Isn't that supposed to be a penalty because of what happened to Saint Brady?

I was think the same thing.... the guy kept coming too.

Sober all game. I just dont watch games with a slanted view like most peeps around here. If its the right call its the right call.

Only thing being it wasn't and it was not consistent with how the game was called both sides. And the ref 4 yards away did not throw that flag. And the ref 25 yards down the field did not have a better angle compared to the ref 4 yards away. And yet he threw the flag ?

Only thing being it wasn't and it was not consistent with how the game was called both sides. And the ref 4 yards away did not throw that flag. And the ref 25 yards down the field did not have a better angle compared to the ref 4 yards away. And yet he threw the flag ?

If the ref 4 yards away wasnt watching that part of the play if/when the penalty happened, then he wouldnt call it. If the other guy saw it, as it would have been his area to watch, then he has every right to call the "penalty"

I have this sinking feeling that most people around here have never reffed any sort of sport and understand about positioning and areas to watch.

Was the game called consistently? I would have to watch the game again to judge that.. I didnt feel either team had an advantage or disadvantage. But, as Ive said, I dont watch games with a slanted view and with the mindset the Pats cheat and the reffing is fixed.

If the ref 4 yards away wasnt watching that part of the play if/when the penalty happened, then he wouldnt call it. If the other guy saw it, as it would have been his area to watch, then he has every right to call the "penalty"

I have this sinking feeling that most people around here have never reffed any sort of sport and understand about positioning and areas to watch.

Was the game called consistently? I would have to watch the game again to judge that.. I didnt feel either team had an advantage or disadvantage. But, as Ive said, I dont watch games with a slanted view and with the mindset the Pats cheat and the reffing is fixed.

You are assuming that the ref 4 yards away did not see that play. That's a huge assumption to suit your argument.

And the rest of us JETS fans we watch the game with a slanted view and the mindset the Pats cheat and the reffing is fixed. So its good to know your are our one and only non slanted fan out there!

You are assuming that the ref 4 yards away did not see that play. That's a huge assumption to suit your argument.

And the rest of us JETS fans we watch the game with a slanted view and the mindset the Pats cheat and the reffing is fixed. So its good to know your are our one and only non slanted fan out there!

I am assuming he didnt. Again.. watching live I didnt dissect the play. But IF the closer ref WAS watching and saw nothing, he would have overruled the other ref.... unless of course Belly slipped him a $100 when no one was looking. Right? Thats what Im supposed to assume?

I am. I watch games with an open view. It helps when you're going to comment honestly about a game. Its more fun watching a game with an open mind and really understand whats happening.

Just rewatched the play. The ref who was closer was NOT looking at Wilson, but towards the line and Woodhead coming through the line. So there is no way he could have made that call or overruled the other official since he was not looking at Wilson/Hernandez when the penalty occurred.

jets.jpg

Thanks to CBS and their wonderful camera angles, we dont get a clear shot of Wilson committing the penalty. From the Coaches Cam view from atop the stadium, it certainly does look like Wilson is holding Hernandez and not allowing him to get to the ball.

jets2.jpg

Is that any worse than what took place during the game?? Probably not. One major fault I have with officiating is they officiate to the score/time on the clock and down/distance. Earlier in the game this doesnt get called. 1st or 2nd down this doesnt get called. 3rd down in OT it gets called. It was probably the right call, as Wilson does grab his arm when hernandez tries to get away from Wilson.. but as many have said it HAS to be consistent, and it doesnt seem to be consistent. Is that because its the Pats and hometown refs?? No... but Jet fans will believe it to be. Definitely will help those conspiracy theorists. :-D

Archived