Rex Ryan

gangreenman

No I'm not. They'll still win 11-12 games this season, they still have the best offense in the league and there's still no easy games in Foxboro.

We were 10 point underdogs for a reason.

Because Vegas blows the Patriots as they still think its 2007.

Saints, Giants, Packers all have better offenses than the Pats and all have better QB's. Brady throwing 5 yard passes isnt impressive. They'll win the division by default and having a cake walk schedule. There's zero chance the Pats win the Super Bowl. Thbeir secondary stinks and good defenses will eat that gay offense they run up.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We did have a chance to win and it makes me sick we let them off the hook. huge dogs or not, whether we expected the loss or not... we still lost a game we need and should have had. That hurts.

Not that we dont NEED every win BUT we all counted this as a loss. We will NEED to beat them in our house. We NEED to take care of business against the fish in our house next week. Just my $0.02. It hurts like hell, but hopefully we can win a few more games in the weeks to come.

No I'm not. They'll still win 11-12 games this season, they still have the best offense in the league and there's still no easy games in Foxboro.

We were 10 point underdogs for a reason.

They will win 10. They are far from the best offense. And they have struggled mightily all season.

They are ripe for the picking.

Im not sure you have watched all of the Pats games this year, but they arent very good. Better than the Jets, but not a team that will do anything this year.

Because Vegas blows the Patriots as they still think its 2007.

the Jets were actually down by 9 for a great deal of the first half (16-7)

the Jets overperformed and almost won but all in all I find this to be an encouraging loss. Sanchez is getting better. and let's be real 2012 isn't the championship year, not with all these injuries. If the QB develops, that's good news. Win lose or draw the team needs Sanchez to get better, to have any chance.

the Jets overperformed and almost won but all in all I find this to be an encouraging loss. Sanchez is getting better. and let's be real 2012 isn't the championship year, not with all these injuries. If the QB develops, that's good news. Win lose or draw the team needs Sanchez to get better, to have any chance.

Down 9 including a kick return.

The Pats arent that good. Gillette is a tough place to play and watching Kraft and Triplete makes it even worse....but that team isnt that good anymore.

The Pats arent that good. Gillette is a tough place to play and watching Kraft and Triplete makes it even worse....but that team isnt that good anymore.

No that team isn't that good anymore but they have one of the best Qbs in the league and a first ballot hall of famer. Put tom Brady on the Browns, they become a contender.

It will be a sad day for Jets fans if Rex Ryan is fired as HC. We'll return to irrelevant and the team/organization will suffer.

The dudes a good HC and I think he can be great. I'm actually shocked that he's keeping this team competitive.

Good thing is, he aint going anywhere after this season. Especially after he has the Jets in the playoffs when its all said and done.

i guess we are gonna have to agree to disagree. the dude was super accurate on all sorts of dinks and dunks. Plus he can hand the football off without everything going all sh*t house

Super accurate yet Sanchez had the better completion % and was actually taking shots down the field

Super accurate yet Sanchez had the better completion % and was actually taking shots down the field

Mark played great, that's the good news from that game.

Building a super bowl winning team, these things take time. Mark's play yesterday was a positive development. As a Jets fan, it's good to see the QB improving like that. If mark keeps getting better, and builds on how he played yesterday, he really could be the Sanchize. Figuring that out long term is probably more important than winning the game.

If the Jets fail to make the Playoffs, again, do you want him back next year, which will probably be a rebuilding year, with 19 free agents coming off the books in the Winter?

In the most wide-open AFC ever, if you can't make The Dance this year, that's saying somethin.

I'd smite the three-headed monster of T-Rex and San......

BD

Brady wasnt even the best QB on the field yesterday

I dont know if he was "better"...at the end of the day, those turnovers were killers.

Missing Hill with what was the one of the worst passes I've ever seen in my life, hurt bad. The Jets were dominating that quarter and that followed the stupid ****ing safety. The play changes everything since the D forced the punt on the next drive. Could have been leading going into the half.

There were a couple of things that hurt too. Like taking the sack after 7 seconds of scanning the field with someone wide open and a few plays that its almost like he didnt know he could throw ball away outside the tackle box.

Overall, a good performance but you're not going to win games on the road vs. an offense like that turning the ball over. Bottom line.

I dont know if he was "better"...at the end of the day, those turnovers were killers.

Missing Hill with what was the one of the worst passes I've ever seen in my life, hurt bad. The Jets were dominating that quarter and that followed the stupid ****ing safety. The play changes everything since the D forced the punt on the next drive. Could have been leading going into the half.

There were a couple of things that hurt too. Like taking the sack after 7 seconds of scanning the field with someone wide open and a few plays that its almost like he didnt know he could throw ball away outside the tackle box.

Overall, a good performance but you're not going to win games on the road vs. an offense like that turning the ball over. Bottom line.

Or giving up special teams TD's.

The Jets moved the ball. The passing game was the best I've ever seen it under Sanchez. The defense has got to make a stop....bink bink tie game.

Sanchez makes boneheaded plays but he was good enough to win yesterday. Handing the defense a lead with 1:20 left should have been enough...Rex going prevent there was puzzling.

For once we agree.

This is the begining of the retooling. If we can get the younger guys better (Sanchez, Hill, Kerley, D Davis, ect) and make a late push for the playoffs then it is a GREAT season. Sanchez looked very good yesterday. He made the one mistake to Hill - but also made some very impressive throws.

Or giving up special teams TD's.

The Jets moved the ball. The passing game was the best I've ever seen it under Sanchez. The defense has got to make a stop....bink bink tie game.

Sanchez makes boneheaded plays but he was good enough to win yesterday. Handing the defense a lead with 1:20 left should have been enough...Rex going prevent there was puzzling.

Agreed. Cant settle for FG's too. Really would have liked to see more aggressive playing calling at the goal line yesterday.

Sanchez still does some mind boggling stupid sh*t. The 2 things I've noticed this season that seems to be knew from him is that he likes to try to make plays while getting sacked and most of the time they are just these floaters that are screaming to get picked six. That and then when he's outside the tackle box...he takes sacks, when you can ground and its bizarre. He's also trying to force too many intermediate passes into double coverage.

Down 9 including a kick return.

They looked like the sh*t they really are.. I guess that one old as hell ref that saw the 40yd line *pi* from the endzone is still on the

kraft special reimbursement fund list.. (ready to retire anyway), but other than that, a little more pressure from the pass rush and that game might have been fun from a brady hater point of view.

Agreed. Cant settle for FG's too. Really would have liked to see more aggressive playing calling at the goal line yesterday.

Sanchez still does some mind boggling stupid sh*t. The 2 things I've noticed this season that seems to be knew from him is that he likes to try to make plays while getting sacked and most of the time they are just these floaters that are screaming to get picked six. That and then when he's outside the tackle box...he takes sacks, when you can ground and its bizarre. He's also trying to force too many intermediate passes into double coverage.

Every QB save when Rodgers goes god mode does stupid sh*t. Watch the Saints,Brees makes boneheaded decisions all the time. But you know what- they let him come right back and throw the ball down the field like the turnover never happened. Sanchez did that yesterday too. It was nice to see.

Every QB save when Rodgers goes god mode does stupid sh*t. Watch the Saints,Brees makes boneheaded decisions all the time. But you know what- they let him come right back and throw the ball down the field like the turnover never happened. Sanchez did that yesterday too. It was nice to see.

I guess the difference is Mark's always seem back breaking and doesnt always answer. I still think that Sanchez struggles with some simple game management stuff.

I thought he was pretty damn good yesterday. I remember telling myself on that drive, that Mark has played well enough to at least get us into FG range and then...

I guess the difference is Mark's always seem back breaking and doesnt always answer. I still think that Sanchez struggles with some simple game management stuff.

I thought he was pretty damn good yesterday. I remember telling myself on that drive, that Mark has played well enough to at least get us into FG range and then...

Once that game went into overtime it was dead. Eventually the Pats defense was going to make a play. The Jets defense didnt.

PFT, as negative as they always are, had this to say about Ryan:

The Jets aren’t going down without a fight. After they lost their best player, Darrelle Revis, to a season-ending knee injury and then lost their next game 34-0 to the 49ers, I thought the Jets would be one of the worst teams in the league the rest of the season. But I was wrong. The Jets are playing tough, competitive football. On Sunday in New England the Jets were (at least according to the Vegas lines) the biggest underdogs in the NFL. And yet they took the Patriots to overtime. Rex Ryan turns a lot of people off with all his bluster, but the guy is a damn good coach.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/22/nfl-morning-after-its-the-texans-and-everyone-else-in-the-afc/

On Sunday in New England the Jets were (at least according to the Vegas lines) the biggest underdogs in the NFL. And yet they took the Patriots to overtime. Rex Ryan turns a lot of people off with all his bluster, but the guy is a damn good coach.

agreed 100% i know Jets fans believe that we had the better team and whatever else but bottom line they were way out of their depth in that game, and to take the Pats to overtime (without Revis!) was a great coaching job. I know we hate moral victories but if the Jets keep improving in their losses (houston for example) it will lead to better outcomes down the line.

agreed 100% i know Jets fans believe that we had the better team and whatever else but bottom line they were way out of their depth in that game, and to take the Pats to overtime (without Revis!) was a great coaching job. I know we hate moral victories but if the Jets keep improving in their losses (houston for example) it will lead to better outcomes down the line.

You should apply for a job in the front office. You have the loser mentality that Woody looks for in all his employees.

You people make me laugh.

:rl:

Enough with the moral victories.

Enough with blaming injuries. Every team has devastating injuries. And the best teams rise above. Yet we keep falling back into the loser mentality of blaming injuries and claiming moral victories.

To begin to have a winner's attitude is to stop making excuses and accepting mediocrity as great and awesome. We had a good chance to win yesterday and blew it. And that really sucks. This team is talented enough with players and coaches to get us to 9 wins.

Battered wife syndrome.

Sure he made some really stupid plays, but deep down Markie loves me!

Part of me still wants to think that he doesn't really believe this sh*t. Dude is an NFL lifer and he can't see the same thing as me? Sanchez is terrible and if Rex doesn't know this then he deserves to be canned.

But what do you expect him to say ?

Mark played a lot better today, but he still made too many mistakes that helped us lose. We need to work harder in practice to make sure all of our players keep improving and stop making mistakes. We can be a playoff team if we just cut down the mistakes.

Something like that... Compliment sandwich. Positive. Negative. Positive.

Archived