Jets | Abraham wants long-term deal or a trade

Smizzy

Jets | Abraham wants long-term deal or a trade

Wed, 14 Dec 2005 17:54:01 -0800

The Associated Press reports New York Jets DL John Abraham feels he has played well enough on the field and stayed healthy enough to receive a long-term contract. He said Wednesday, Dec. 14, that he is willing to being traded instead of being tagged as the franchise player for the second straight year. The Jets do not usually negotiate contracts during the season and have not contacted Abraham's agent yet. Abraham also said he would not be happy if the Jets do decide to franchise tag him again and that he would wait until the last possible moment to sign the tender while skipping the team's camp.

"I said it when I first came here I'm looking for that stability. I'm 27 now, it's not like I'm 21 or 22 or just don't care. I have a family."

Sorry that his family cannot live on $6.7 million for a year. Take the franchise tag and the $7 mil, you idiot. I could live on that one year contract for the rest of my life ... and then some. Maybe Herm needs to start drafting players with some intelligence.

SIGN HIM NOW!!!!

the only cry babies here are all you idiots that say F him, trade him, etc..

what happen to Ellis? having a terrible year and guess what? HE IS HURT. out this weekend.

should we trade him, cut him? some of you people are plain crazy

He has definitely shown his worth this year as a lone glimmer of hope in a seal of defensive line dookie.

I also agree with this.

Abe has had a very strong year. More than any other defensive player on the Jets, Abe has the ability to totally disrupt the opposing teams offense.

His performance this year just makes the Jets decision on what to do with him that much more difficult.

If he had a poor year or missed games because of injury, that decision would have been easy.

I think the Jets need to work out a long-term deal with Abe.

I also agree with this.

Abe has had a very strong year. More than any other defensive player on the Jets, Abe has the ability to totally disrupt the opposing teams offense.

His performance this year just makes the Jets decision on what to do with him that much more difficult.

If he had a poor year or missed games because of injury, that decision would have been easy.

I think the Jets need to work out a long-term deal with Abe.

That is it.

Cut ABE NOW!

As soon as TX wants something for the Jets, you MUST do the exact opposite.

BZ

I hate how fans rip a guy who Wants a contact!

Wouldn't you want security from your employer!

Gimme a break..The guy is the best, or second best player on the team,..and the only one who can sack the QB...

He's not whining..he's a human being and allowed to talk to who ever the hell he wants to..

Sign him...Vilma and Abe are the only untouchables on the team.

I hate how fans rip a guy who Wants a contact!

Wouldn't you want security from your employer!

Gimme a break..The guy is the best, or second best player on the team,..and the only one who can sack the QB...

He's not whining..he's a human being and allowed to talk to who ever the hell he wants to..

Sign him...Vilma and Abe are the only untouchables on the team.

excellent point...remember last year when T.O. said the same thing,I have a family & want my $$$, alot of people here said sign him & give him the $$$...now he is suspended from playing and is a man without a team ...how would those same people view that today??

so Abe and TO are the same!

That's insane...

You know what..NY jets get rid of all their best players so I/m sure all you guys who want your team to be a bunch boy scouts will happy...

Keyshawn(One of the most comepetetive/hardest working jets ever)...but SOMe fans hated him b/c he called Chrebet a Mascot!

so Abe and TO are the same!

That's insane...

You know what..NY jets get rid of all their best players so I/m sure all you guys who want your team to be a bunch boy scouts will happy...

Keyshawn(One of the most comepetetive/hardest working jets ever)...but SOMe fans hated him b/c he called Chrebet a Mascot!

thats not what I meant...what I meant was the same people that say dump Abe lobbied for TO,

people are hypocrits!

Bottom line is that w/o Abe are defense is a LOT different..

He's a top pass rusher...We have the guy that most teams covet from the draft..KEEP HIM!!!!

just get a DT and OLB and the defense is set...

SIGN HIM NOW!!!!

what happen to Ellis? having a terrible year and guess what? HE IS HURT. out this weekend.

should we trade him, cut him? some of you people are plain crazy

I'd rather be crazy than be an a$$hole.

If it's the end of a bad season, and I suddenly got hurt, and saw my career going downhill... here's what I'd do:

Not tell anyone I'm hurt.

Do my best in spite of the pain- it's a down year and if we lose nobody will notice.

Start lobbying for a contract extension until they figure out I'm injured.

I'm not saying that's what he's up to, but it's what I'd do.

well youre both, congratulations

Nice comeback a$$hole. It's amazing what a fu*@ing idiot you are. You give someone sh!t for giving their opinion.

I guarantee if I were one of the posters who are regulars on here, like Smizzy, Max, GGG, BREN or anyone like that, you would be kissing their ass.

Why don't you go and jerkoff to the latest Victoria Secret cataolg like you usually do.

I left GG.com & JI.com to get away from assholes like you. I didn't think you would find you're way here.

Boy was I wrong.

Nice comeback a$$hole.

Why don't you go and jerkoff to the latest Victoria Secret cataolg like you usually do.

I left GG.com & JI.com to get away from a$$holes like you. I didn't think you would find you're way here.

Boy was I wrong.

:lol::lol::lol:

thats pretty funny

Hey Petrock,

I know 13 pretty well. We've traded many stories and have had many beers in many locations around the country. I'm trying to figure out how he's an a$$hole?? Please enlighten me? The guy seems to have a target on his back around here for sharing his opinion. I'd love to know why.

Hey Petrock,

I know 13 pretty well. We've traded many stories and have had many beers in many locations around the country. I'm trying to figure out how he's an a$$hole?? Please enlighten me? The guy seems to have a target on his back around here for sharing his opinion. I'd love to know why.

That's cool that you 2 have had beers all over the country & traded many stories.

I shared my opinion & the guy jumped all over me.

Not once have I jumped all over him for giving his opinion.

Read what I posed then read his post, what was a direct comment to what I posted.

He's starting his whining, cry baby sh!t again??

IMO he's not worth the b!tching & maoning that he does.

I say trade his a$$.

F him!!! :evil:

SIGN HIM NOW!!!!

some of you people are plain crazy

If someone calls another person a cry baby, an idiot, & crazy just because the other person gave their opinion, IMO that person is an a$$hole.

Thank you

my last word on the situation:

my remarks weren't meant to be aimed directly at you...I was refering to all the people who would be happy if Abe walked...I apologize that you took it personally but we have been over this garbage too many times to mention...

case closed

Archived