•  

Photo
- - - - -

Sanchez's stats with and without Holmes.

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Jetfan13

Jetfan13

older but better

• Members
  • 6,432 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:49 AM

With Holmes:
63 of 128, 49%, 813 yds, 5 TD's, 4 Int's

Without Holmes:
53 of 90, 59%, 640 yds, 4 TD's, 3 Int's

Just saying
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not.

#2 The Crusher

The Crusher

Comeback Player of the year 2016

• Moderators
  • 29,225 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:32 AM

Problem you have is the time without Keller overlaps and makes this pointless.

#3 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,791 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:36 AM

also looking at the numbers, he has more TD INT and yards with holmes. higher comp % without. More TD and yards is a good thing. the math isn't all that overpowering.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#4 T0mShane

T0mShane

Gluten for punishment

• Members
  • 26,387 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

CANCERNIO
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#5 Jet27

Jet27

Alpha & Omega

• Members
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

Exactly

#6 SMC

SMC

Day-to-day

• Members
  • 19,183 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

With Holmes:
63 of 128, 49%, 813 yds, 5 TD's, 4 Int's

Without Holmes:
53 of 90, 59%, 640 yds, 4 TD's, 3 Int's

Just saying

Passer rating of 69.5 with Holmes and 81.7 without him, still low, but demonstrably better.
Posted Image

#7 SMC

SMC

Day-to-day

• Members
  • 19,183 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:50 AM

also looking at the numbers, he has more TD INT and yards with holmes. higher comp % without. More TD and yards is a good thing. the math isn't all that overpowering.

But couldn't that be because there are 38 more attempts with Holmes than without?

In other words, with 38 fewer attempts he has 1 less TD (but also 1 less INT) and 173 fewer yards. With Holmes Sanchez is 6.35 yards per attempt but without him he is 7.1 yards per attempt. With the same yards per attempt that would be 269 extra yards. Even with the lower attempt average, that 241 extra yards.
Posted Image

#8 JiF

JiF

President of the Rex Ryan Fan Club

• Members
  • 36,936 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:52 AM

POPULAR

Mark isn't about stats. He's about wins. The Jets have 1 win without Holmes.
Posted Image

#9 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts
  • LocationThe Hall of Doom

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

sucks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> sucks

Posted Image

#10 Joe Jets fan

Joe Jets fan

not sure

• Members
  • 801 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:55 AM

It's also about the defenses he played with or without.

#11 whodeawhodat

whodeawhodat

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationI was up above it, now I'm down in it.

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

I just dont get the feeling that we are struggling on offense without holmes. Last year it felt like 1st and 10 was ten miles long. Now, I am pretty confident that we wont go 3 and out unless we get lucky. Then again we dont have dipsh*t #1 and dipsh*t #2 committing holding penalties on every drive. So it may or may not be because of holmes BUT we definately arent worse off without him.

#12 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 6,060 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

Numbers are just that. Obviously they don't show the intangibles like how satisfying warm chocolate chips cookies are and how bad Sanchez sucks.

#13 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,337 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

I just dont get the feeling that we are struggling on offense without holmes. Last year it felt like 1st and 10 was ten miles long. Now, I am pretty confident that we wont go 3 and out unless we get lucky. Then again we dont have dipsh*t #1 and dipsh*t #2 committing holding penalties on every drive. So it may or may not be because of holmes BUT we definately arent worse off without him.

That's funny. I am not ready to kill Sparano yet, but against Pittsburgh and San Francisco I have felt as bad about this offense as I ever have. OTOH, I guess those were both with Santonio.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#14 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,126 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:56 AM

And in the fourth year of Sanchez, the Jets are finally developing young WRs. Kerley looks like the real deal.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#15 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Make us proud Wrecks

• Members
  • 13,037 posts
  • LocationDallas Tx.

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:08 PM

The problem you have is anything that shows a positive effect on Sanchez is not worth discussing. Now hear me out...

If the Jets dump Holmes (if in any way possible) in the offseason and bring in a guy like Greg Jennings (possible Free Agent) to go with Kerly and Stephen Hill and add a Solid RB in the draft this team would improve ten fold on Offense. If at that point Sanchez can not perform up to expectations then we move him and draft a QB in the 2014 Draft. At the very least the new QB coming in will have some talent around him to work with and grow with Since Kerley and Hill are very young and seem to have promising futures and Jennings would bring stability.

Since Sanchez is already guaranteed the money for next year this is the only scenario that makes any sense. But Unlike the Jets the Packers are not stupid and they will probably not let Aaron Rodgers best Receiver just move on without a fight. If its a true money issue, they may have to let Jennings go because they do have some holes that need to be Addressed and they can probably bring in a Rookie Receiver and be just fine with Rodgers at QB and an already very established offense.

Proud Member of the AVM

#16 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,581 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:14 PM

Thruoughout his career Holmes has only caught 55% of throws he is targeted on. Not some of that could be great play by DB's but dropsies also are part of that equation.

What you see is the completion percentage goes up significantly higher when Holmes and his drops are not part of the equation.

But the TD/INT ration did not change much.

#17 Jetfan13

Jetfan13

older but better

• Members
  • 6,432 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:18 PM

So in other words when Holmes is playing without Keller Sanchez plays worse then when Keller plays without Holmes....thanx for making my point.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not.

#18 The Crusher

The Crusher

• Moderators
  • 29,225 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

The problem you have is anything that shows a positive effect on Sanchez is not worth discussing. Now hear me out...

If the Jets dump Holmes (if in any way possible) in the offseason and bring in a guy like Greg Jennings (possible Free Agent) to go with Kerly and Stephen Hill and add a Solid RB in the draft this team would improve ten fold on Offense. If at that point Sanchez can not perform up to expectations then we move him and draft a QB in the 2014 Draft. At the very least the new QB coming in will have some talent around him to work with and grow with Since Kerley and Hill are very young and seem to have promising futures and Jennings would bring stability.

Since Sanchez is already guaranteed the money for next year this is the only scenario that makes any sense. But Unlike the Jets the Packers are not stupid and they will probably not let Aaron Rodgers best Receiver just move on without a fight. If its a true money issue, they may have to let Jennings go because they do have some holes that need to be Addressed and they can probably bring in a Rookie Receiver and be just fine with Rodgers at QB and an already very established offense.

Yeah and when he still sucks we will be told it's because of a lack of continuity among his receivers. We are stuck another year with him. STUCK STUCK STUCK

#19 The Crusher

The Crusher

• Moderators
  • 29,225 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:21 PM

So in other words when Holmes is playing without Keller Sanchez plays worse then when Keller plays without Holmes....thanx for making my point.

My point is it's another variable that will effect the outcome. But I'm happy if your happy.

#20 Klecko73isGod

Klecko73isGod

Anchor Salesman

• Members
  • 21,794 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:23 PM

Since I think Sanchez's contract status likely means he will be the starter through at least next year I am rooting for him to succeed (as my happiness level on Sunday is attached directly to this.) However, if he plays poorly I will be critical of his performance.

I actually felt bad for Sanchez on Sunday because other than two backbreaking plays, he had a very good game. Its just we need to not see those backbreaking plays. They need to stop. They are beyond old at this point.
Posted Image

A RYAN ALWAYS SAUSAGES HIS FROSTED FLAKES

#21 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Make us proud Wrecks

• Members
  • 13,037 posts
  • LocationDallas Tx.

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

Since I think Sanchez's contract status likely means he will be the starter through at least next year I am rooting for him to succeed (as my happiness level on Sunday is attached directly to this.) However, if he plays poorly I will be critical of his performance.

I actually felt bad for Sanchez on Sunday because other than two backbreaking plays, he had a very good game. Its just we need to not see those backbreaking plays. They need to stop. They are beyond old at this point.

I agree the biggest problem Sanchez has is protecting the football. Interceptions happen but not getting rid of the football and fumbling as much as Mark Does trying to extend plays is just really poor judgement on his part. Rather than trying to constantly back out of pressure he needs to roll out more to extend plays and possibly even run a bit more as well

Proud Member of the AVM

#22 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:32 PM

math doesnt really add up. Improvements in some areas slips in others. Id call that a no correlation

#23 The Crusher

The Crusher

• Moderators
  • 29,225 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:35 PM

LOL

#24 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 20,896 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

Even if they go with that plan, there's absolutely no way the Jets can justify waiting another year to draft a QB. They already should have drafted one this past year and they absolutely have to draft one this coming year, even if it's just to sit him while Sanchez gets the start at the beginning of the season. You can't sit here and wait until you've finally cut your last QB to go and draft the next one, starting this process all over with a rookie at QB once again. With that kind of logic, we'll be sitting around while people like you want to give the new guy his 5 years to prove himself, even if he sucks. The Jets need to keep continually looking, and cannot stop, until they've found their answer. Giving the same one guy a chance over and over again with no competition or alternatives when there's little to no evidence that he'll ever be the answer is not going to get you anywhere.
By day he's the (not so) mild-mannered Bleedin Green, but by night...

#25 JohnnyHector

JohnnyHector

Where? In the car?

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:47 PM

there's absolutely no way the Jets can justify waiting another year to draft a QB. They already should have drafted one this past year and they absolutely have to draft one this coming year, even if it's just to sit him while Sanchez gets the start at the beginning of the season. You can't sit here and wait until you've finally cut your last QB to go and draft the next one, starting this process all over with a rookie at QB once again.

And predictably, if he struggles, Smash will be complaining that said rookie QB was thrown to the lions and didn't have the proper coaching to succeed.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users