Hurricane Sandy

Jetsfan80

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So i guess you're not going to the Florida/Georgia game? I hear its a helluva time.

No way, I never miss FL vs. GA. Going to a Snoop Dog show in the Landing on Friday, waking up to the largest outdoor cocktail party, going to the game, **** bitches, get money and head out to Miami.

It was supposed to drench us, we got about a half an inch of rain. It looks monstrous when they use red and yellow on the

mapping software for tv weather shows.. if they changed it to some nice pastels, then they wouldn't have to call out the guard.

The northeast has worse storms every week during the winter... Our normal every day rainstorms were way worse than this, times

20. I bet it won't even wet the sidewalk in areas, like it did here.

How?

I work for the local electric company. Storms like this are extremely political here, and everyone gets nervous. The result is paying out a ton of unnecessary overtime so they can announce on cable news the number of people they have ready to go at any given time.

I work for the local electric company. Storms like this are extremely political here, and everyone gets nervous. The result is paying out a ton of unnecessary overtime so they can announce on cable news the number of people they have ready to go at any given time.

Gotcha, good luck and be safe!

good luck to all the jersey folks !

and remember, don't use propane heaters indoors without tons of ventilation and proper clearances to combustible surfaces. also remember generators even when outside can produce CO, so aim the exhaust away from the house !

we had a generator CO event in CT last year, pretty sure it killed someone

be safe !

CL&P's CEO lost his job over the october snow storm lasty year. this years CEO put out the word on local radio that they already requested 2,000 lineman and 700 tree crews from out west. he is in total CYA mode.

with that said, being out of power for 9 days becuase he wanted to save money last year was a big problem around here. it got very cold with all that snow.

we don't know if the over time is a waste or not yet, but better to be ready than get caught with your pants down

good luck to all the jersey folks !

and remember, don't use propane heaters indoors without tons of ventilation and proper clearances to combustible surfaces. also remember generators even when outside can produce CO, so aim the exhaust away from the house !

we had a generator CO event in CT last year, pretty sure it killed someone

be safe !

Fireman?? A buddy of mine is one in the Albany area and I swear I just saw a post like this on FB almost identical to this. Solid advice, especially considering hardly anyone reads the lengthy list of hazards on these things. At least this time around it's not middle of winter; if the fridge goes again, I'm just going to empty out all the meat and burgers I didn't grill this summer. Sure I'll be eating in the dark, but I won't be living off peanut butter sandwiches for 9 days like last time.

Fireman?? A buddy of mine is one in the Albany area and I swear I just saw a post like this on FB almost identical to this. Solid advice, especially considering hardly anyone reads the lengthy list of hazards on these things. At least this time around it's not middle of winter; if the fridge goes again, I'm just going to empty out all the meat and burgers I didn't grill this summer. Sure I'll be eating in the dark, but I won't be living off peanut butter sandwiches for 9 days like last time.

propane gas man. I install gas lines, tanks, lots of fun stuff. when I'm looking for leaks people tell me they've been smelling an odor for weeks. weeks ! drives me nuts

Archived